News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this post in that thread was interesting as it compares prices. I mean, more power to people that can do it but I can't imagine paying any of these prices

Some more rates. Pretty incredible to see where Riviera ranks. This is for 12/30 in Deluxe Studio Standard:
- French Quarter: $316/night
- Riverside: $357/night

- Wilderness: $614/night
- Yacht: $666/night
- 
Board Walk: $699/night
- Riviera: $781/night
- Grand Floridian: $851/night
Its that Skyliner surge ;)

I thought this post in that thread was interesting as it compares prices. I mean, more power to people that can do it but I can't imagine paying any of these prices

Some more rates. Pretty incredible to see where Riviera ranks. This is for 12/30 in Deluxe Studio Standard:
- French Quarter: $316/night
- Riverside: $357/night

- Wilderness: $614/night
- Yacht: $666/night
- 
Board Walk: $699/night
- Riviera: $781/night
- Grand Floridian: $851/night

Where do you guys usually stay?

The prices are high, and the value/service level keeps dipping. Is it first time/once in a lifetime vacationers who are paying this?

ETA: I mean $300 a night for a motel with doors on the outside is crazy pants imho.

The prices are high, and the value/service level keeps dipping. Is it first time/once in a lifetime vacationers who are paying this?

usually off site where I can get a 2 bedroom condo for like $1,000 for the week

We are staying onsite the next trip as is just my wife and myself doing a split stay at Pop and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but using the special DIS rate as going for that event - no way we would do a Deluxe without it (it's like $246/night with the special rate)

Right but marketing is not predicting how bad the Gondola lines will be : ) It still may be quicker to walk. Time will tell.[/QUOTE said:
That's true, and if the skyliner ends up having huge lines, waits, problems, etc it will land squarely in the face of management. They are figuring it to not have lines, because of the constant loading and using other systems around the world. As you say, time will tell all.

There is also the added bonus from the skyliner of going through security at the resort and not at the park. That should further reduce total TT time, especially at DHS.

ETA: I mean $300 a night for a motel with doors on the outside is crazy pants imho.

We usually stay at Coronado Springs and are booked there this Christmas.

I learned with in the first 1/2 hour of checking in for our first ever WDW trip in 2008 at Caribbean Beach Resort that you pay for what's outside the doors at Disney not the actual room. We had a room in a great location in Martinique. I think it was 2554 if memory serves me correct. The room was very plain and nothing special, but when you opened the door it was paradise. We could see the EPCOT fireworks from right outside our door, the food court was steps away, the pool a few steps farther, and a beach right infront of the building. We never regretted the money for a second.

Having said that the Mod resorts are the sweet spot for us. We go for 12-14 nights. The extra per night for a deluxe really starts to add up when your there for that long. I've just never felt that I would get $4000 more enjoyment from a deluxe.

You have to consider these prices are for peak week of the year. Crowds are insane that week and Disney has no problem selling rooms and tickets for that week.

Personally I just got back and stayed at Pop on a group rate which was roughly $108 a night. Yes first timers are part of it but with the decent economy right now people feel they can spend a bit more and will splurge for these things.

Here's the difference between the Tower Studio and a Standard View Deluxe Studio for the entire month of December.

Tower:

Screenshot_2019-01-22 Walt Disney World Resort.png

Deluxe Studio:

Screenshot_2019-01-22 Walt Disney World Resort(1).png

I expect to see big discounts for AP's (could be wrong perhaps with star wars opening) but they are offering unreal AP discounts through the summer.

I would never pay rack rate at peak price at any Disney property, luckily, you almost never do with discounts.

But did anyone notice the Aristocats artwork in the 'photo'? Obviously that's what we're paying for!

f8f671c690221736da74ea6452817e7d.jpg

Heres the thing if you do the math for Dec 30 the Riveria Studio which only Sleeps 2 is higher per head count then the Grand Floridan which holds 5 or realistically 4.5 the .5 being a smaller child. If you take out the child and say 2 adults and 2 teens you have 4 people at 4 adult ticket prices. So the grand floridan per head at Disney would cost you $212.75 per Adult size occupant and thats with 2 queen beds. The Tower room is $280.50 Per head so Disney is pretty much stating that the offerings on December 30th at the Riveria will be $60per person better then the GF their Crown Jewel on Property. I hope its so, but I doubt it. I feel like this is the bean counters trying to make as much money over new hype DVC. In a few years I wont be surprised if we either see increases across the board for Deluxe rooms and the Riveria staying the same price to actually put it in line of pricing vs amenities.

GF for example has 3 different Disney Transportation options, Riveria only has 2. GF has the only Tripple A Five Diamond Awarded Restaurant on Property, plus 3 other restaurants. Riveria doesnt. The price Disney is placing on the Riveria, is all about new dvc hype and less about the real value of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter