News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasp, I love these, especially the mug. But I'm a sucker for Dumbo.

I think only the shirt and pennant are in stock now. This looks to be the monthly limited run replacement to the Mickeys from last year. The plushies always sold out right away. My oldest loves Winnie the Pooh, which looks like the plush for April. Guess I’ll be setting an alarm for that morning.

It’s one of my favorite times to visit. Love the rose gardens. The topiaries get better and better with each year.
We are (meaning I am) very excited to experience the topiaries this May. It'll be our first trip during this festival.

I find this interesting with Disney recently announcing cruises from New Orleans. I do know that Galveston is super popular for them, and I have sailed on the Wonder twice out of Galveston.
I enjoyed cruising from New Orleans......pretty amazing watching a cruise ship rotate 180 degrees in the Mississippi!

I find this interesting with Disney recently announcing cruises from New Orleans. I do know that Galveston is super popular for them, and I have sailed on the Wonder twice out of Galveston.

There are over 20 million people within a 7-8 hour drive to this port. 8 million are within a 2 hour drive.

My criticism of this port has been, going to the Mexico destinations that Texans have had cheap flights to for decades is boring to me.

Last edited:
I agree, wierd. Why would that be a Moana sequel? Wouldn't a Moana sequel include, say, Moana?

I wonder if it was just worded weird. Maybe they meant it will be Lin manuel's follow up project with Disney, featuring a Latina princess.

That would make much more sense.

Though maybe Moana is sailing, blown off course and ends up in Latin America? Dunno.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/artic...Create-Disneys-First-Latina-Princess-20190121

This is a weird article.

Says Lin Manuel is working on a Moana follow up but it's going to have a Latina princess?
I'm all for another Disney/Lin-Manuel Miranda collaboration but I'm having a hard time imagining how the sequel to a movie based in Polynesia will star a Latina princess?? Maybe they mean follow-up as in another partnership rather than a straight up sequel.

ETA @OhioStateBuckeye we posted at the same time :thumbsup2

The tower studio is clearly an artifact of the construction/building shape. I can see these becoming a problem where people buy (or are sold) enough point for this room type for a week and then they are impossible to book because there is such a limited number.

Additionally, the 1 bedrooms dont have desks which are pretty standard in dvc, and they only have 1 toilet. I hope the new Reflections resort has a return to the more spacious and accommodating rooms that we see in some of the middle group of DVC like BLT and AKV.

The tower studio is clearly an artifact of the construction/building shape. I can see these becoming a problem where people buy (or are sold) enough point for this room type for a week and then they are impossible to book because there is such a limited number.

Additionally, the 1 bedrooms dont have desks which are pretty standard in dvc, and they only have 1 toilet. I hope the new Reflections resort has a return to the more spacious and accommodating rooms that we see in some of the middle group of DVC like BLT and AKV.
It looks like there will be more of those rooms then the very hard to get value studios at AKL if they have let's say 2 or 4 on each floor times a 10-12 story building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter