News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I may be the biggest Tiki bird fan here - and I was THRILLED when they got rid of the awful "Under New Management" overlay.

That said, I would actually be OK with them changing the show as long as it actually INCORPORATED the Tiki Birds. "Under New Management" was insulting to the Tiki Birds and it's what pissed me off about it.

However, Moana may be a bit of a tricky fit - it really isn't a GREAT fit because Moana is all about the OCEAN - and there is nothing in the Tiki Birds that is about the ocean. I could see working Moana and Maui into the show - perhaps with a live actor Moana and a projection Maui.
Here's a simple proto script
Just keep the Tiki room song in tact at the beginning,
Moana comes out and visit the Tiki room and say she is searching for Maui to save her people
Have her sing "How Far I'll go" with the birds accompaniment. (So cut out "Let's all sing like the birdies sing".)
Then have the Tiki Birds do the Tiki chant (current finale) to call to Maui for help. (You could even bring some little kids up front to "help" with the chant a la the "Festival of the Lion King".
Have either a projection or anamatronic of Maui show up - similar to Pele in the "UNM" show - sing a short version of "You're Welcome" and then send Moana/Maui on their way.
Have the Tiki Birds thank the crowd for their help and sing the crowd out "Heigh ho, Heigh ho".

You keep pieces of the old show, incorporate Moana without "ruining" the Tiki Birds, and get bigger crowds.

Can you please go work there to ensure that if they change it...this is what happens haha

I honestly feel like the first issue with the blue & green milk, is that even though it's plant-based milk, is the "milk", which is a toughie since these drinks are supposed to be milk. ;) I just don't think a ton of people are going to love milky drinks (aside from actual milk-shakes, of course). I mean WDW sells the heck out of refillable cups that people happily chug (mostly) soda or other soft drinks out of all day long. Trying to sell a milky drink to those same folks may just be a really tough sell, no matter what flavors you put into it.

Very good point. Butter Beer is still soda.

Has Disney finally discovered the price ceiling or is it all deferring visits until SWGE opens?

I think it was people staying away due to expected craziness of Galaxy's Edge - and also lots of APs were blacked out so many passholders would have to upgrade or buy extra tickets to go now.

And for people who seeing GE at DLR was a priority I suspect largely figured out a way to get there during the reservation period

So, I have to ask, was delaying the opening of Rise of the Resistance(granted may be due to technical issues) the right move? Will we see a mad dash once the land is fully functional?
I think that is playing a role. I think a lot of Disneyland locals went and saw SWGE during the previews and are now waiting. I also think that many locals are still blocked out.

As far as the crowd level dropping at SWGE in DLR...I think the complete opposite will happen at DHS SWGE, no AP's are blocked out for the the opening and till late December. The only AP that gets blacked out starting in September is the Theme park select , and that's only for DHS.
SWGE will be crowded from the start and probably stay that way with all the local AP's and other AP 's

So, I have to ask, was delaying the opening of Rise of the Resistance(granted may be due to technical issues) the right move? Will we see a mad dash once the land is fully functional?
I'm waiting on Rise, but I have to admit that I'm nervous that others are doing the same and it'll be a problem when it finally opens, especially if everyone ends up raving about it. Definitely been tempted to go sooner as a result.

WRT to WDW, I see it as a large portion of the ~20% (estimated) locals will visit prior to RotR opening. But, once RotR opens the floodgates of locals combined with the non-locals will see a dramactic increase in crowds. I keep telling myself to wait on our Florida AP renewal until MMRR is open, but I suspect once the RotR reviews come in, I'll be tempted to deviate from my plan.

or on the flip side - did it actually work out better than expected because it is allowing for crowds to see the land over time, but also having a 2nd "carrot" out there to draw people back. Now, maybe there are more people than Disney thought that are waiting until the land is complete - but I still think it will result in lower crowds on opening day of RotR than the land would have had if it was fully open on day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter