News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

plus, to get technical, all they say is: "there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon" .... that doesn't mean things can't change and they will leave soon ... it doesn't mean there aren't plans for them to leave, but just not "soon" ... and it doesn't mean there aren't changes coming, just that the birds aren't leaving - but you could do a Moana overlay and keep the birds

Not saying any of that is true - just saying they could be and the statement from Disney Parks Blog still would be factually correct
If this was an official being interviewed by the media, I could see it being a hollow denial. But a post on the blog, I don't think they are mincing words.

IF that was the case though they wouldnt be closing rides and not replacing them right away like. Stitch and to be honest it hasnt been that busy in the past year, I went multiple times in the past year and the Parks were not as crowded as they have been in the past, except maybe fore MNSSHP which was on par. Also if they were worried about running a attraction that doesnt run at capacity then they would have closed Carousel of Progress years ago which is a much larger attraction that has a larger building and cost to run with the moving stage and theaters and 4 continuously operating scenes. Disney historically hasnt cared about rides not utilizing capacity or spreading crowds out. After all Disney periodically doesnt run even popular rides at full capacity.
Didn’t they make CoP seasonal at one point with strong rumors that it was to be closed at some point?

I don't see it as false in it's entirety, but careful wording to do damage control. There have been qualifications made on other rumors that did come to fruition.
Yes but Disney has never responded in this way before. It’s a rumor that does/did have some substance and maybe still does.

Honestly, if they unblock APs I'll be pissed. Maybe it makes me terrible, but I didn't pay top dollar for my AP for others to get the same benefits in the end.

So I’m one of those “others.” Lol. You might not know if you don’t have one of the other passes, but they blocked us out of Disneyland for a bunch of June days that we have always had in the past. I wasn’t upset they did because it did seem to be a logical move for necessary crowd control. I don’t think it would be the equivalent of putting lesser passes on the same footing as the most expensive pass to give us others a few staggered days back.

That being said, I’m not holding my breath, remotely.

I suspect part of the problem in replacing Stitch/Mission to Mars/Mission to the Moon is the basic structure of the space, no pun intended. No doubt Disney would prefer an attraction that would make the best use of the existing two-theater in the round rooms with their stadium seating and special effect capability. Sure they could simply tear out everything and start from scratch but there is probably a lot of inertia towards re-using existing stuff.

It would be awesome if they did something similar to what was in the old America Sings building in Disneyland for a while. They did storytime with Peter Pan and a narrator read the story and effects went off in the room like Tinkerbell and cannons. They could do it with anything though. An adventure with Jack Jack would be cute. No audience participation and only a narrator has to be there.

Just doing an animation class would be a better use of the empty space though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!