News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Toy Story 4 ... Thought it was ok, definitely a weaker entry. Final 15 mins or so are really good though
Sorry, I disagree.

I honestly thought they could've left the franchise alone after 3. I really liked that ending and thought it wrapped it up nicely. I was hesitant to go see this one, but my little guy graduated from Pre-K today, soooo, why not go see it? I thought it was well done with a creative story that explored more than just toy gets lost and needs to make it back, even though they played it that way for a bit. Wife and I are trying to figure out whether or not to get a sitter so we can see it without the little guy asking questions.

Sorry, I disagree.

I honestly thought they could've left the franchise alone after 3. I really liked that ending and thought it wrapped it up nicely. I was hesitant to go see this one, but my little guy graduated from Pre-K today, soooo, why not go see it? I thought it was well done with a creative story that explored more than just toy gets lost and needs to make it back, even though they played it that way for a bit. Wife and I are trying to figure out whether or not to get a sitter so we can see it without the little guy asking questions.
I agree I thought it really delved into grey areas that most adult films don’t, I thought it was extremely creative, it could have easily been a retread of any of the previous 3 and it wasn’t. My only gripe about the whole film was not enough of the original characters and definitely not enough Bullseye,Rex and the Taters.

Last edited:
I don't get it, now that I have seen both I much prefer around the world.
I only saw California a couple times, but it has Yosemite, so it wins. I also don't like the distortion in World. I'm pretty sure they are all CG, but I don't like them showing animals being annoyed by drones.

I still like world, though, especially the ending, there are just a few flaws. I'M HOME, of course.

Thanks for the review! I was already leaning toward waiting til dvd and now I will.
That’s interesting compared to the rave reviews it’s getting.
That's disappointing as I always respect your opinion on films.

We're still going to see it, though! I'm keeping my expectations in check.

;)

It was still enjoyable and I would still see it if you have interest - maybe it was just expectations but it just didn't wow me like I was hoping/expecting.

Definitely still good - and I appear to be in the minority with my views ;)

Sorry, I disagree.

I agree I thought it really delved into grey areas that most adult films don’t, I thought it was extremely creative, it could have easily been a retread of any of the previous 3 and it wasn’t. My only gripe about the whole film was not enough of the original characters and definitely not enough Bullseye,Rex and the Taters.

See I didn't get any of that - it just seemed to deal with the same stuff as before: What makes a toy, the life cycle of a toy, etc. (and not as well as other's in the series did). It was also my youngest's last day of pre-k today so you'd think some of that would connect with me, but no - a lot of the family stuff just came off silly to me

I also thought Part 3 was amazing and one of the best Pixar films, and this didn't come close to that one to me .... seemed like they had a few ideas for shorts or TV specials and put them together and stretched to a feature length film. Good ideas, there were fun moments. But didn't really get much emotion or elevation beyond that :confused3

May I ask people to please not post details of Toy Story 4 here but start a separate thread?

I’m one who likes to go into a movie without knowing anything more that has been shown in the trailers. I’m guessing others may be the same.

Thanks!

I was specifically wording everything to avoid any details for that reason ... But probably have covered it enough in this thread and time to move it out of this thread anyway

Rough night at DHS. F! was cancelled due to technical difficulties, then ToT also closed due to technical difficulties.

I think we are hearing that tonight’s F! FP+ is valid tomorrow since it was a 9pm show (after today ends)
RnR has been flooded with the ToT FP+ cancels

Rough night at DHS. F! was cancelled due to technical difficulties, then ToT also closed due to technical difficulties.

I think we are hearing that tonight’s F! FP+ is valid tomorrow since it was a 9pm show (after today ends)
RnR has been flooded with the ToT FP+ cancels
Fantasmic was canceled. My FP is good for tomorrow for any park excluding a few attractions.

Tower did close at the end of the night. However, they did let 30 of us into the ride at 9:02 p.m. (park closed at 9). I happened to walk up at 8:59 p.m. since I saw the doors moving on Tower. They walked us straight to the elevators (didn’t watch the pre-show). One of the best pixie dust moments I have ever had at Disney! You don’t hear them ever opening a ride after park closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter