News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they would ever create a pin vending machine? Integrate it with a MB/RFID/CC Chip reader and you could easily make pin buys without a CM involved.
Interesting idea, but I don't think this would work well with all the pins that have moveable features. Our kids have collected over the years, and they want to be able to hold it and check out what it does (something open, spins, what have you).

As @SouthFayetteFan mentioned, those who want to steal will just pull the pin off the backing. This is just irritating to honest people. They must be testing this, and I'd bet it's unsuccessful and is reversed.

At least now the pins will stay neatly organized on the proper rack and not be put back in random wrong places. I'm just a little OCD. Or maybe a lot. Either way, that always bothered me.

So you go and fix them too, while your family leaves you behind:D Do you also reorganize the grocery carts in the return in the parking lot so that they fit right and aren't half way into the aisle? I can't tell you how many times someone thought I worked there while doing that. It must be the German in me that needs the orderliness;)

Looks nice but just looks like everything else they're renovating lately. Meh.

Not related but I was just there last week and so much of the same merch everywhere over and over again. Got very boring to browse around I felt.

Agreed. I stayed at CSR in November 2017 and I loved the gift shop as it was. Coco had just been released and I loved the theming and different feel of the store. I don’t like how bland this looks now.

Important people and also fewer and fewer that worked with Walt first hand - important to listen to them and record what they say, in their voice

That's the sad part for me. It feels like we are close to running out of people who actually worked with or were friends with Walt.

FYI - reposts going around about an active shooter at MCO but the Orlando Police have stated they are untrue. There was an incident but no gun was involved

2CE38B29-AD94-4384-850A-CCA42F0B5D7F.png

do we know how many people that is? Will be interesting to see any reports of how crowded that feels. To me the main benefit of these is the low crowds so if they don't feel "empty" and there are even 20 min waits for rides I reduces the value a bit I think
No specific numbers have ever been given out.

Agreed. I stayed at CSR in November 2017 and I loved the gift shop as it was. Coco had just been released and I loved the theming and different feel of the store. I don’t like how bland this looks now.
We stayed last summer and agree with your thoughts. Where is the color?

We stayed last summer and agree with your thoughts. Where is the color?

That seems to be the trend now - to make the store and shelves, etc. as neutral (usualy start white) as possible and use the merchandise itself as the color and the design

I think they have done a good job with it at the updated Disney Store at Disney Springs, using the merchandise in almost sculpture forms as the decoration and color ... but is as successful elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter