News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait - there was a Bao plush?

Yes! I saw it on the Disney Store online site one day and grabbed it.

https://www.shopdisney.com/bao-plush-4-12-1479843

Not pamplemousse!

Mmmm, mac n cheese:D
:offtopic:

I just watched Bao last month during the furlough (I caught up on some Disney movies I'd missed). It completely hit me in the gut. I am an only child, and I know my mom felt like the mom in Bao many days. Now I have my own son and stepson and I can relate more to how my mom felt. I thought Bao was beautiful.

I tear up every time I see it. I find it to be beautiful too and incredibly symbolic. I was so glad it was included in the Incredibles 2 DVD.

That Pizza Planet Pizza Peel! :lovestruc
I've been meaning to buy a pizza peel for hubby to use on his smoker, looks like this one is a winner.

YES, please! Taking our dd and her boyfriend in May and I have a feeling we'll be spending lots of time at Epcot!

View attachment 382177

This appears to be a new character.
At first I thought it was a younger Anna as well....but Anna has always been shown with her hair in braids or very small pigtails (when she was very young). I vote for a new character, a family member.

News

Disney Family of Wines event package coming to the Contemporary from May 17-19. Includes 2 night stay, workshops, luncheons, and dinners.
When and how is this bookable?

well, not sure if they really are kid movies - at least part 3 hit me in the *feels* as an adult who has had to "put away childish things and get to adulting"

Just watched the other night and Bonnie's house does look like a one story.

It hits me that way too and it brings up feelings of transitioning to adulthood, but as both I, and my kids, grow older, I find myself identifying more and more with Andy's mom! Once it hits that scene of them saying goodbye in his packed up room, I'm a mess. Not single tear rolling down my cheek crying, but messy sobbing! And sobbing until the end! My sister's kids are about Andy's "age" and she's the same way! I don't know if I'm emotionally prepared for Toy Story 4!

ETA: I get weepy just typing this!
Oh, yes. This movie came out in summer of 2010, just as my youngest was heading off to college. What a sobfest that was!

Through travel agents for sure. Probably on the phone with Disney as well.
I just found this and the price point excludes my group of 4!

"Space is very limited for this event and packages must be booked by May 3rd (though I’d expect it to sell out earlier than that). The price is $2,950 per person based on adult double occupancy (two adults per room), so bring a friend! The package is only available for adults 21 and over. Theme park admission is not required nor is it included."

Just saw on twitter but it’s true. We are losing more and more important people from Disney. Ron Miller and now Dave Smith. If you have the chance go see or listen to these important Disney people before it’s too late.

Someone protect Bob Gurr please. :)

Important people and also fewer and fewer that worked with Walt first hand - important to listen to them and record what they say, in their voice

I wonder if the number of pin sales that they lose, due to the inconvenience of having to get a cast member to unlock the desired pin, will be more than the number of pins shoplifted before the pins were locked?
I'm not really sure that many people will have that big of an issue with it. It's something you see from time to time out and about in everyday life. I can't really see the diehard fans suddenly up and deciding "nope not going to get anymore".

Loss prevention-wise though it's not solving all of the issues but probably provides some sort of a deterrent and I'm guessing that's more of what they are going for. Perhaps they will be watching those for a while more closely too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!