• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I appreciate the reassurance or advice from everyone!

In the end, you may end up going full circle. I went to college as pre-vet, realized I didn't want to deal with pet owners. Went to graduate school in forensic science instead, got my masters, had to pay the bills and took a job as a lab tech, went back to school to get my masters in veterinary microbiology, and now work in regulatory affairs for veterinary vaccines. So I didn't become a veterinarian, but I still work in the field, but just took a round about way to get there.
And when I was in undergrad, I didn't even know the job I have now existed, yet I love the job I have.

However, if I had known sooner that the USDA has a plant genetics research lab at Living with the Land, I may have chosen a different career path to work at WDW ;)

In the end, you may end up going full circle. I went to college as pre-vet, realized I didn't want to deal with pet owners. Went to graduate school in forensic science instead, got my masters, had to pay the bills and took a job as a lab tech, went back to school to get my masters in veterinary microbiology, and now work in regulatory affairs for veterinary vaccines. So I didn't become a veterinarian, but I still work in the field, but just took a round about way to get there.
And when I was in undergrad, I didn't even know the job I have now existed, yet I love the job I have.

However, if I had known sooner that the USDA has a plant genetics research lab at Living with the Land, I may have chosen a different career path to work at WDW ;)

Those are great points - in nearly every field there are so many different jobs that if you have the interest and get the background you can find “your spot” - and it might not be the stereotypical one or the one you thought you wanted

News

The third original song from Frozen: The Broadway Musical has been released. The song released this week is called "Dangerous to Dream." This song is performed by Caissie Levy (originating the role of Elsa on Broadway) and the Company.

The final song that will be released will come out next Friday (March 16th) before Frozen officially opens on Broadway on March 22, 2018.

Last edited:
That’s true. Civil engineering goal, that school didn’t pan out to be for me. Struggled badly there and was forced into another major. Transferred this past semester and feel better. Just torn between what my next step should be.

I'm a Civil Engineer. If you're still considering it, feel free to PM with questions, comments, bad jokes, etc.

I was surprised how little of this is actually visible from inside the MK. You really couldn't see much of the clearing from the smoking path or the train, and I was looking hard. It's obviously cleared out back there, but they've left a few trees along the fence line obscuring a lot of what is going on there. I thought it would be more obvious. It was much easier to see via the monorail.

That’s awesome. I couldn’t read the whole article though so I wasn’t able to see the “why” behind it.
Not sure why it’s “awesome”... I know some here love to dis Iger but massive investments are now being made in parks, and:

“Disney’s total shareholder return since Mr. Iger was named CEO in 2005 has been 416%, compared to 190% for the S&P 500, according to The Wall Street Journal Market Data Group.”

I’d be interested to hear the true reasoning behind it. It was close, btw: 52% against vote. The article cites nothing but some really vague opinion of an advisory firm... and I’d venture a guess that they would be true of Iger’s comp all along, and that of many CEOs out there:

“ISS and Glass, Lewis & Co., the second biggest proxy advisory firm, had recom-mended Disney shareholders vote against the say-on-pay resolution. ISS had said in its report that “the substantial payments to Bob Iger, in connection with his contract extension and the upcoming 21st Century Fox merger, are concerning” and that the equity award in his contract extension, “while primarily performance-based, is tied to fairly nonrigorous goals.””

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter