News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that with the timing of the union negotiations and the protesting and stuff that this advisories form those that this was the chance to do something and “show their clout”
I haven’t seen the form but is this actually coming from an advisory firm or is this an advisory vote? SEC rules dictate the a non-binding vote be taken on CEO salary but the company is not obligated to go further.

It could be that with the timing of the union negotiations and the protesting and stuff that this advisories form those that this was the chance to do something and “show their clout”
That was my thought after @rteetz mentioned the union negotiations. Could be 100% wrong. :)

I haven’t seen the form but is this actually coming from an advisory firm or is this an advisory vote? SEC rules dictate the a non-binding vote be taken on CEO salary but the company is not obligated to go further.
Non binding vote — exactly. Proxy advisory firm weighed in encouraging a no vote.

ISS and Glass, Lewis & Co., the second biggest proxy advisory firm, had recommended Disney shareholders vote against the say-on-pay resolution. ISS had said in its report that “the substantial payments to Bob Iger, in connection with his contract extension and the upcoming 21st Century Fox merger, are concerning” and that the equity award in his contract extension, “while primarily performance-based, is tied to fairly nonrigorous goals.”

Now THIS is an interesting piece of news. They are closing the existing kids clubs this summer. Those would run like $15 an hour but you weren't required to stay the whole time. This one seems to be set up to be a flat fee for the entire 4.5 hours. by calling it a pilot program, it likely means that if it's a bit, they will reopen the other kids clubs with this style of kid care. This is good news for parents that want a night out.

Now THIS is an interesting piece of news. They are closing the existing kids clubs this summer. Those would run like $15 an hour but you weren't required to stay the whole time. This one seems to be set up to be a flat fee for the entire 4.5 hours. by calling it a pilot program, it likely means that if it's a bit, they will reopen the other kids clubs with this style of kid care. This is good news for parents that want a night out.

I think two of the kids clubs had already been charging a flat rate. Lilo’s and the one at Beach Club? The addition of characters/immersion might make it more palatable to those who didn’t think it was worth the expense before. This is definitely good news, though.

We had planned to use the one at WL before it closed for good and may still try the one at Poly before it closes this summer. I'd love for them to reopen these somehow. After a week or so in a tiny room we all need a break from each other lol

If you are at WL again there are direct boats to the Contemporary so you could try out this new one. I don't have a young child anymore, but I support that they should have these programs - so I want to see it succeed.

If you are at WL again there are direct boats to the Contemporary so you could try out this new one. I don't have a young child anymore, but I support that they should have these programs - so I want to see it succeed.
That's what I was thinking, thanks! We bought at CCV since we love WL so much so as long as they keep it running I'm sure we will give it a try. We were bummed when we heard they wouldn't reopen Cub's Den ( I think that was it, I'm really bad at names and titles).

I think two of the kids clubs had already been charging a flat rate. Lilo’s and the one at Beach Club?

I don't know about Lilo's, but the Sandcastle Club at Beach Club was charging a flat fee for the entire evening. Granted, I haven't been since April of 2016, but at that time they were charging a $55 flat fee per child. And I may not be remembering correctly, but I believe Capt. Hook made an appearance at some point during the evening.

I don't know about Lilo's, but the Sandcastle Club at Beach Club was charging a flat fee for the entire evening. Granted, I haven't been since April of 2016, but at that time they were charging a $55 flat fee per child. And I may not be remembering correctly, but I believe Capt. Hook made an appearance at some point during the evening.

Well, shows how long since we used it. In August 2015 it was by the hour, but I think a minimum of 2 hours. We put our daughter in the Beach Club one twice because she enjoyed it so much the first time. Both times there were only like 3 kids though. I don't remember characters coming in though.

So bummed they got rid if the broccoli chicken salad at CHH. Maybe I’ll try the wedge next week.

Yeah! We are at Universal right now!

It’s not imminently opening. Still under construction:(

I’m so excited I’ll be in Disneyland this summer for Pixar Fest and it’s my first ever visit to Disneyland!

Us too. For summer. 2nd visit to DLR.

I was worried there wouldn’t be anywhere to get school bread and Viking coffee. This is a big relief. Really::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter