News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside of these ships look really nice. I am very interested to know if the rooms in the "curved" part of the ship will be suites or normal staterooms. If they are normal staterooms, I will definitely want one of those.

I like how Disney just decided to put the word "Disney" instead of hinting at one of the names of the ships. :D

NEWS

Darla K. Anderson leaving Pixar Animation

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...oducer-darla-k-anderson-leaving-pixar-1093131

Huge blow for Pixar. She was one rumored to take over for John Lasseter.
I find this to be really surprising.

The outside of these ships look really nice. I am very interested to know if the rooms in the "curved" part of the ship will be suites or normal staterooms. If they are normal staterooms, I will definitely want one of those.

I like how Disney just decided to put the word "Disney" instead of hinting at one of the names of the ships. :D

I find this to be really surprising.
As for names, Imagination and Spirit were thrown around a while back. Not sure what else could be in the mix.

Darla leaving is a surprise and I bet she waited until after the Oscars to make that official so Coco could get its win.

That’s true. Civil engineering goal, that school didn’t pan out to be for me. Struggled badly there and was forced into another major. Transferred this past semester and feel better. Just torn between what my next step should be.

As someone who works in higher ed I'm obligated to say (1) where you are at right now is normal and exploring options is a good thing and (2) meeting with an academic advisor and/or someone in career services can really help you think about your options and make you feel better about your choices. Most people don't end up where they start. I started as a Health & Physical Education major, decided I wanted to be a Physical Therapist, shadowed a physical therapist and hated it, and then ended up learning that I could make working in higher ed a career and have been working in higher ed since. Okay...back on topic!

As someone who works in higher ed I'm obligated to say (1) where you are at right now is normal and exploring options is a good thing and (2) meeting with an academic advisor and/or someone in career services can really help you think about your options and make you feel better about your choices. Most people don't end up where they start. I started as a Health & Physical Education major, decided I wanted to be a Physical Therapist, shadowed a physical therapist and hated it, and then ended up learning that I could make working in higher ed a career and have been working in higher ed since. Okay...back on topic!
Criminal Justice (to be Forensic Scientist) --> Communications --> Public Relations (what my Bachelors is in) --> Librarian

That’s true. Civil engineering goal, that school didn’t pan out to be for me. Struggled badly there and was forced into another major. Transferred this past semester and feel better. Just torn between what my next step should be.

not to turn the entire thread into "advice for Rteetz" - but I would just say, don't feel you need to rush into your next step, but also don't feel like your next step has to be your final step. Now is the time to take a chance on something you really love and see what you can do with it (much easier than when you are 40 and have three kids ... not that I am thinking of anyone in particular)

and I too have an engineering degree (Computer) and I know do corporate finance. My wife got her degree in Chemical engineering and did that for a while, but then got sick of corporate life and managed a rock climbing gym, was a vet assistant, and now is an independent merchandiser selling girls dresses. Lots of time for lots of changes in your life.

I could see them being "normal" staterooms - but ones that come with a (significant) surchage .... since Disney loves them some upcharges!

If we're all throwing advice out about college...I would say don't be that relaxed about it. I decided junior year to be a history major and then attend law school.

Which I did, and am now in a job/career track that I hate and don't see any way out of.

I appreciate the reassurance or advice from everyone!
No worries. If you want something you will find a path to it. Most people change majors at least once, twice...I have a few friends that did the tour of Ohio colleges, 5-7 different colleges/majors. They made it through and found their way and so will you.

I have nothing to contribute news-wise, except what's this about the Iger and Chapek having areas at Castaway Cay? I've never heard that.

No worries. If you want something you will find a path to it. Most people change majors at least once, twice...I have a few friends that did the tour of Ohio colleges, 5-7 different colleges/majors. They made it through and found their way and so will you.

I have nothing to contribute news-wise, except what's this about the Iger and Chapek having areas at Castaway Cay? I've never heard that.
Castaway Cay - Chapek - Cropped.jpg e66aacd68bfa08c8f20617bfd839ee92--the-only-way-castaway-cay.jpg

Also Willow Bay is Iger's wife.

I am worried any type of dedication ceremony will happen right at park opening. I will be done with the half marathon around 7:30am but with transportation and changing. Probably little chance I get there at park opening. Haven't looked at what time that is, it could be 8am for all I know.

At least I got a FoP fast pass for that day and will try to get an autograph from Joe Rohde. Hopefully they have some rare characters there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter