News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm extremely jealous! I saw on Joe Rohde's Instagram that everyone on the trip would be given sketchbooks and pens that Rohde would use and he encouraged everyone to sketch what they see. Rohde said that sketching is not necessarily to create an accurate picture of what you saw but rather to create a holistic memory of what you saw.
I am extremely jealous as well!

OK, - I’m going to be the non-environmentally friendly voice here, but I really do not like the idea of the Disney Store not using plastic bags and then charging $.99 for a bag...talking about a money grab! Not only do they no longer have to pay for plastic bags but now they’ll make money off of them. $.99 is not going to break the bank for me, but I don’t want to go to the mall carrying reusable shopping bags not knowing if I’m going to even purchase anything. And if I do happen to go into the Disney Store and decide to purchase on impulse, I have to pay an additional amount of money for the “privilege” of conveniently carrying out the merchandise I just purchased from their store. No thanks. It *will* impact my decision to purchase or, more likely, not.

I was floored when I went to Target at DLR and found out I had to pay $.10 per bag. I’m a tourist, for Pete’s sake. Why would I bring reusable shopping bags with me?

At home, I use the reusable bags 95% of the time for grocery shopping and I recycle or reuse the plastic bags I do collect. And, on the occasion when I am shopping at the mall, I try to avoid getting multiple bags. If my purchases will fit in a bag I already have, then I’ll combine them. Maybe they could go back to using...dare I say it?...paper bags?

After typing the above mini-rant, it occurred to me that maybe the malls should have reusable generic shopping bags available across all the stores. And then they could do what they do in CA and charge $.10 a bag when you make a purchase and if you DO return with it you get a rebate. (Isn’t that how it works there?)
So you know this is a California wide thing, right? You have to pay for bags if you want to use them... It's not new.

So you know this is a California wide thing, right? You have to pay for bags if you want to use them... It's not new.
Just a general note. It’s California wide at any store that would be considered a grocery type store. So this applies to places like Target, Walmart, CVS, etc.

If you were to shop at a place like Nordstrom etc. you wouldn’t pay for the bag.

Hello from Ireland, all plastic bags, regardless of the shop incur a 15c charge here. Introduced about a decade ago. It became pretty normal, pretty quickly and now only grocery shops offer plastic bags. Everywhere else went plastic. It’s a good thing too

News(?)

James Cameron compares Avatar sequels to The Godfather

Something I found really interesting:

James Cameron said:
“I’m hoping we’re going to start getting Avenger fatigue,” he said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, Come on, guys, there are other stories to tell besides, you know, hypogonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process.”

I get what he's saying...but he's also the one who said he was only going to release films set in the Avatar wold going forward. Avatar was released in 2009 and there is still no Avatar sequel. I think it's yet to be seen if his Avatar movies (if he ever finishes making them) will all be drastically different from one another.[/quote]

News(?)

I get what he's saying...but he's also the one who said he was only going to release films set in the Avatar wold going forward. Avatar was released in 2009 and there is still no Avatar sequel. I think it's yet to be seen if his Avatar movies (if he ever finishes making them) will all be drastically different from one another.
This was a big thing on the internet this weekend. Avengers fatigue yet these movies continue to get bigger and bigger every year.

It still is something that the vast majority of the nation does not have such laws. I've only been in one destination point (and where is escaping me right now) where bags were not given but had to be bought.

ALDI, Costco and I would assume Sams Club are places in my area that do not have bags they give out. All 3 however have shopping carts (something the Disney store doesn't have at least I've never been to one that did). All 3 however I assume are the same in that you can get empty cardboard boxes to use at your disposal (something the Disney store doesn't have at least I've never been to one that did). Only ALDI, to my knowledge, has a system where you can purchase reusable shopping bags if you want to and that a cart "costs" you $0.25 which is refunded to you when you return the cart. However, again you also have the option of a shopping cart and/or empty cardboard boxes to use. Neither of which you would at a Disney store.

News(?)

I get what he's saying...but he's also the one who said he was only going to release films set in the Avatar wold going forward. Avatar was released in 2009 and there is still no Avatar sequel. I think it's yet to be seen if his Avatar movies (if he ever finishes making them) will all be drastically different from one another.
[/QUOTE]

“Uh, he loves the movies!” Feige said, a knowing grin spreading on his face. He stood up, pumping his arm. “That’s awesome! Wow, James Cameron loves our movies! That’s exciting!”

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/kevin-feige-responds-to-james-camerons-avenger-fatigue.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter