News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm just entered Epcot through IG so I guess it's not capacity. Probably was just a sign error at cbr.

Last edited:
Im sure Disney has some sort of Algorithm for determine the closure time. I wouldn't be surprised if its something like X% of Capacity vs Operation Hours.

So for Example 70 Percent complete Capacity at 9 am, Start original phase closure and then so forth and so on as people arrive and time passes. I am sure Disney also makes sure the Capacity algorithm allows space for a large Percentage of Bubble Guests.

definitely - and probably also takes into account how long the line of cars is and stuff like that - probably way more sophisticated than we can think

EPCOT hasn't had any phased closure in a very long time to my knowledge. I believe EPCOT can hold the most amount of guests.

from what I saw online:

Magic Kingdom: 100,000
EPCOT: 95,000
DHS: 75,000
AK: 60,000

Probably because of number of rides (and thus number of queues) MK can handle more guests than EPCOT even though EPCOT is larger/more open area

from what I saw online:

Magic Kingdom: 100,000
EPCOT: 95,000
DHS: 75,000
AK: 60,000

Probably because of number of rides (and thus number of queues) MK can handle more guests than EPCOT even though EPCOT is larger/more open area
I wonder if the numbers for DHS and AK are pre expansions post closures.

we saw the NYE fireworks at Magic Kingdom last night and they were awesome and the crowds weren't actually that bad. (we spent our evening in frontierland and didn't venture anywhere near the castle until close to 1am so I can't comment on that area's insanity). If anyone is thinking on seeing a fantastic 360* fireworks display, day one is the day to do it. :)
taking a quick nap now before heading to epcot's insanity.

also, if anyone wants a good scare, drive 8 hours with the sole intent of watching the midnight fireworks, get in the 20min line for big thunder with 45 minutes to spare and find yourself still not on the train with 12 minutes to go as they announce that they will be halting train rides as soon as the fireworks start. at the 5 minutes to go mark we got on the train. but since we had planned on watching from the exit area, it turned out fine. scary for a few minutes though! I feel bad for anyone behind us that wanted to see the show. :(

Last edited:
I wonder if the numbers for DHS and AK are pre expansions post closures.

The post I got this from is form 2016 so definitely prior to any updates/additions to DHS and also pre-Pandora and Rivers of Light so I am sure the numbers for AK would be higher now knowing the queue for FoP alone can absorb a few thousand people

we saw the NYE fireworks at Magic Kingdom last night and they were awesome and the crowds weren't actually that bad. (we spent our evening in frontierland and didn't venture anywhere near the castle until close to 1am so I can't comment on that area's insanity). If anyone is thinking on seeing a fantastic 360* fireworks display, day one is the day to do it. :)
taking a quick nap now before heading to epcot's insanity.

also, if anyone wants a good scare, drive 8 hours with the sole intent of watching the midnight fireworks, get in the 20min line for big thunder with 45 minutes to spare and find yourself still not on the train with 12 minutes to go as they announce that they will be halting train rides as soon as the fireworks start. at the 5 minutes to go mark we got on the train. but since we had planned on watching from the exit area, it turned out fine. scary for a few minutes though! I feel bad for anyone behind us that wanted to see the show. :(

I was also at Magic Kingdom last night for NYE fireworks. I entered the castle hub around 10:30 and there was plenty of room to stand. After Once Upon a Time ended, many guests stayed in there spot but it still wasn’t that bad. Definitely room to maneuver. The 6ish NYE fireworks was insane, they had to close the castle hub. Had dinner reservations during that time. After fireworks ended we waited about 15 minutes in the hub until we were able to exit. We hit Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Barnstormer and Space Mountain from 12:30am to 2am EMH. Day time was crowded so we just did our fast passes but still found ways to have fun even though parks were crowded.

I had higher hopes than... this. Looks fine. Will fit a lot of people and still be a good spot to relax in AC, get out of the rain, etc. But seems like they could have done more than an empty space with the tall F&W tables. Although maybe that’s the intention and it will be great as a blank slate that they can customize for each event/festival. If they do that, great. If it stays like this, meh.

Last edited:
I had higher hopes than... this. Looks fine. Will fit a lot of people and still be a good spot to relax in AC, get out of the rain, etc. But seems like they could have done more than an empty space with the tall F&W tables. Although maybe that’s the intention and it will be great as a blank slate that they can customize for each event/festival. If they do that, great. If it stays like this, meh.
Seems weird to me that they spent their money to create even more empty space at Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter