News Round Up 2017

I did say "At least I'm crying about human beings instead of stupid Robots" I still won't figure Pixar for making me cry over stupid Wall-E.

I cried at the slow-roll in Cars, which is odd since at the time I couldn't even place Rte 66 on a map.

I sometimes find Pixar's tear-jerker set pieces a little cynically manipulative (which is why I'm not a fan of TS3), but it's tough to evoke nostalgia in someone with no familiarity with the subject matter. Which is probably why Cars is my favorite Pixar movie, although Inside Out runs a very close second. I've yet to see Coco.

We got suckered into watching Trolls and the Emoji movie. Trolls was cute but not one I will willing watch again. The Emoji movie was funny in spots but not enough to watch again, however my kids now go around saying "Meh" to everything. it is getting annoying.

Is Moana is this group for awards?

no, Moana was nominated last year and lost to Zootopia for animated film and to a song from La La Land for best song

I cried at the slow-roll in Cars, which is odd since at the time I couldn't even place Rte 66 on a map.

I sometimes find Pixar's tear-jerker set pieces a little cynically manipulative (which is why I'm not a fan of TS3), but it's tough to evoke nostalgia in someone with no familiarity with the subject matter. Which is probably why Cars is my favorite Pixar movie, although Inside Out runs a very close second. I've yet to see Coco.

The beginning of Up is still the Disney/Piar scene that gets me crying the most

no, Moana was nominated last year and lost to Zootopia for animated film and to a song from La La Land for best song

Thank you. I thought is might have be last year. anyways it was a really good movie and so was Zootopia.

I haven't seen Coco yet. I would love to see but just can't find the time. We might have to weight until it comes out on DVD to see it.

The Universal hotels seem to have much bigger price swings - I have been being told what great values Universal hotels are, but because we are going during President's week, we are looking at $415 + tax per night for Royal Pacific, which takes it out of the moderate range in my view. I would agree at $200 - 300 per night that would be a wonderful value. Not so sure I will think that at nearly $500 a night.

The key for savings at Universal is to be staying 7 nights or more which gives you 30%-35% savings or be willing to wait and see if they are AP discounts on unfilled rooms at a later date. Just like Disney pricing is different by season as well.

We are here right now and got a waterview room at RPR for 9 nights at $1800 tax paid with the Stay More Save More discount. At that price RPR is waaaaaay better value than a Mod at WDW.

On the flip side I would never pay $415 plus tax to stay here.

The key for savings at Universal is to be staying 7 nights or more which gives you 30%-35% savings or be willing to wait and see if they are AP discounts on unfilled rooms at a later date. Just like Disney pricing is different by season as well.

We are here right now and got a waterview room at RPR for 9 nights at $1800 tax paid with the Stay More Save More discount. At that price RPR is waaaaaay better value than a Mod at WDW.

Staying 3+ nights (4+ during peak) or even just staying during the week vs the weekend are good ways to reduce the cost too.

I think people are seeing Universal as a good spot for a long weekend over Disney World, especially at the resorts that include Express Pass with the room. During Columbus Day weekend the standard view was 309 a night, no discounts at all. That stung, for sure. The previous year I was able to get PB for 279 on Saturday and 214 on Sunday of that same weekend. The onsite resorts were booked solid this year, so they must be doing well enough to justify adding so many new rooms.

Yeah - I admit we are only going for 1 night, so clearly not getting any length of stay discounts. I couldn't stay there 7 nights, we were bored after 3 days this past year, just going back for a couple of days in Feb since we went with a AP. (Also spent a few hours there in October.) Sort of wish we could get a decent rate and stay more than one night - at < $300 a night I would consider a little longer stay, but at $415 a night I only am doing it for the FOTL over a busy holiday weekend. Especially since we are moving after the one night to Boardwalk View which is costing me $155 a night thanks to being a DVC member - well that and our season passes expire after the one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter