News Round Up 2017

Thanks for the picture. Kind of on both sides of the fence; I think bringing home a few toiletries is nice but on the other hand all the plastic winding in our land fills is troubling.
I have never been near this though...
View attachment 262734

No wonder we get less and less from Disney!
http://v.imgins.com/tags/disneytoiletries

It's one thing to have some from past trips. We tend to stay at Poly on our DVC points and those rooms have 2 bathrooms so we get 2 sets of the bottles, and when they come to clean they leave another for each bathroom. We take home what we've already begun using and what we haven't used yet. No big deal.

But there are people on the facebook groups full out bragging about clearing out the housekeeper's entire cart while they're busy in a room and then posting photos of a huge pile of the bottles. That's stealing.

Is BlueZoo open "late"?.

The Swolphin is an interesting place at WDW...With the conventions, and not being a Disney property, if they have a number of customers later in the evening, they just stay open. Bluezoo or their lobby bar or both - a bit of wherever the people are. That's NO guarantee, but I've certainly been enjoying cocktails at both much later than their advertised closing time.

I know I'm singular in what I want out of Disney. I wonder if, since people know the closing time, they organically start dispersing? I have definitely seen people grabbing a car service for nights "out" and I've done it on many occasions. My need to make sure I don't miss a good band in Orlando while I'm there (actually on any vacation) has led me to seeing some great acts - none at WDW; loads at the HardRock venue.

I'm hoping for good things from the Edison as well. Maybe if we all start closing them down together, hours will expand. Cheers to hoping!

Last edited:

See - I feel like there may be some good restaurants at DS - but it not worth the hassle to travel there versus at the resorts/parks where I'm already at. Everytime I go to DS it's minimum hour travel with the traffic, versus 30 minutes to a park where I can eat AND do other things. If DS doesn't try to attract me with something unique (the stores aren't cutting it), then I'm not even bothering to go. Blaze pizza sounds interesting, but again not 2 hours round trip travel interesting. Edison has the potential to be something unique. If they dumb it down to just another dining location - then I just won't care.

That's another valid perspective...for sure...

But I like springs because it's a change up. I can't hammer parks all day everyday...it's been "done" a hundred times over. So the fact that springs came in under expectations is a bigger problem in just my opinion.

But I gotta ask...where the hell are you leaving from that it takes hours to get down there and back?

Granted...the disney buses there have always sucked...which is funny because they want to make mad money there but can't be bothered to run a few extra buses...but you must be leaving from Disneyland...

I know...MINNIE VAN time!!!

There is definitely more to choose from...no question....

100% agree and why we go there. And more to come. :thumbsup2

Right now I don't go to the Springs for the shopping. I go for the dining.

Exact.

Completely agree about the uncomfortable nature of the design. Concrete and white facades/brick in the Florida sun. It's a bad design...I couldn't believe they did that consciously when I first walked in there.

A lot of influence from our Lake up here helped create some of DS layout.

Having a lot of dining and decks on water is pretty famous up in our area, for the change in view and the attempt to make it seem cooler, it actually does up here with bigger water-it might a little down there depending on the wind direction, obviously the ocean dining does that as well. Not a lot you can do in central FL. FL winter is a lot of the year as well-just perfect down there then.

Last edited:
See - I feel like there may be some good restaurants at DS - but it not worth the hassle to travel there versus at the resorts/parks where I'm already at. Everytime I go to DS it's minimum hour travel with the traffic, versus 30 minutes to a park where I can eat AND do other things.

I must go at odd times because I get right in the Lime garage and get right out. I just assumed traffic was great now for everyone since the bus lane and the widened streets and parking garages. Last time though, we stayed at OKW and rode the boat over twice and just drove over once. A trip for me without filling the senses at the Hole in the wall would be like not taking a trip at all!

Ok...I guess I'm looking at this from a different angle...cause shopping center are NOT interesting...at least not in my sense.

There are some retail outlets that would be more or less interesting based on tastes...I can see that.

The thing I can never get over is the 1998 days of Christmas Vs the current.

It's pathetic...really. What was interesting is no longer...

Some of the food places are nice...especially homecoming...

But uniqlo is "jersey mall" to me...cause that's where I see them.
I totally agree with the 1998 Christmas viewpoint. I still own and display several unique quality items purchased back in the day. I don't even bother going anymore.

Man did I love Pleasure Island. I was at UCF from 2000-2004 and definitely had some fun nights there when I could get people to agree to go "all the way" to Disney.

I have not been to Disney Springs/Downtown Disney in years.....probably will change that over Labor Day weekend when I am staying in the area. Any recommendations for a good restaurant with a 1 year old? Obviously nothing to fancy since apparently he has just learned that screaming is fun. I think the last time I was there we did T Rex cafe a few years ago.

We did Morimoto with a Toddler - the main room is large and relatively loud. They have good kids meals - though 1 year old might be a bit young for that

Raglan Road is a good one too as that is often quite loud with the entertainment and stuff going on

Bagged, loose leaf, or replicated? This is important and worthy of a news thread post, I promise.

Is that a rhetorical question?!?

Of course loose when available. I have to admit I'm a fan of vanilla earl grey blends...lavender is good too.

If bagged, the Harney and sons imperial earl grey is a go to from years ago...they have a "white" too.

I have E.G. Basically every day, Number One

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter