News Round Up 2017

I wish we could get some international park live streams. I know the time zone might not favor those of us in the U.S.A. at times, but I always hear of people watching these live streams from all around the world.

That's another valid perspective...for sure...

But I like springs because it's a change up. I can't hammer parks all day everyday...it's been "done" a hundred times over. So the fact that springs came in under expectations is a bigger problem in just my opinion.

But I gotta ask...where the hell are you leaving from that it takes hours to get down there and back?

Granted...the disney buses there have always sucked...which is funny because they want to make mad money there but can't be bothered to run a few extra buses...but you must be leaving from Disneyland...

I know...MINNIE VAN time!!!

Not hours - 1 hour each way. The last trip we went to DS was last October we were staying at AKL - and it took a solid hour to get to DS (between waiting 20 minutes for bus and then 40 minutes on the bus because the traffic was terrible). it only took us 40 minutes to get to MK on our next worst bus day. Just saying - and this is probably part of being a DVC member now - I'd rather eat at Sanaa or toddle over to Epcot from BWV for dinner than take the trek to DS for the horrible shopping (Uniquo being the exception) and the blandly themed restaurants. It feels more like a high end Florida shopping mall than anything Disney. Again, it's all fine, don't need everything to appeal to me - but I was excited about the Edison, and maybe it will still be OK, but "Italian restaurant" does not have me excited.

I must go at odd times because I get right in the Lime garage and get right out. I just assumed traffic was great now for everyone since the bus lane and the widened streets and parking garages. Last time though, we stayed at OKW and rode the boat over twice and just drove over once. A trip for me without filling the senses at the Hole in the wall would be like not taking a trip at all!

Glad you had it easy - we don't have a car, so it's the bus system for us. Last time before this was with the old bus stop (August 2015), but same problem, I wanted to run to DS to pick something up and left the Poly and literally got stuck in traffic took us 25 minutes to reach the TTC, another 30 to DS. So last two trips to DS were terrible. The last good on-property DS experience I had was staying at SSR in 2014. This year we were off-site and drove into DS for a little Disney fix and that was actually fine, but DS still underwhelms me so badly. To each his own - I'm sure plenty of people enjoy it, but it the new version does so little for me, I'd rather stay at the resort. But honestly the ONLY thing that EVER interested me about DTD/DS was the nightlife. Now I'd rather be at the Boardwalk after 9 PM.

Is that a rhetorical question?!?

Of course loose when available. I have to admit I'm a fan of vanilla earl grey blends...lavender is good too.

If bagged, the Harney and sons imperial earl grey is a go to from years ago...they have a "white" too.

I have E.G. Basically every day, Number One

Would not have pegged you for a tea guy, LOL...more of drinking cappuccino but only from places that know that a perfect cappuccino is 2 oz. espresso, 2 oz. foam, and 2 oz. steamed milk and that all other sizes are something different. I used to go to a place like that. The coffee was good, but I argued about what I wanted until I became a regular.

Is that a rhetorical question?!?

Of course loose when available. I have to admit I'm a fan of vanilla earl grey blends...lavender is good too.

If bagged, the Harney and sons imperial earl grey is a go to from years ago...they have a "white" too.

I have E.G. Basically every day, Number One

It's always nice to find a fellow U.S. tea drinker. I've drifted away from Earl Grey in the last few years, but I still keep it around for the occasional cup. It is the blend that got me going on tea (being a fan of TNG from childhood).

I tend toward Assams these days, but I'm good with most variations. Except for herbal teas (which aren't even tea). I very, very rarely do sugar outside of iced tea so herbals are just bitter flowers. Not that anyone asked. :)

See - I feel like there may be some good restaurants at DS - but it not worth the hassle to travel there versus at the resorts/parks where I'm already at.
This is EXACTLY how I feel about it! If I'm going to venture from what is close to us (BLT, parks), it'll be to Jiko -- that is worth it in a way that DS restaurants just haven't been.

Would not have pegged you for a tea guy, LOL...more of drinking cappuccino but only from places that know that a perfect cappuccino is 2 oz. espresso, 2 oz. foam, and 2 oz. steamed milk and that all other sizes are something different. I used to go to a place like that. The coffee was good, but I argued about what I wanted until I became a regular.

...and I bet you don't eat the crust on your grilled cheese...

It's always nice to find a fellow U.S. tea drinker. I've drifted away from Earl Grey in the last few years, but I still keep it around for the occasional cup. It is the blend that got me going on tea (being a fan of TNG from childhood).

I tend toward Assams these days, but I'm good with most variations. Except for herbal teas (which aren't even tea). I very, very rarely do sugar outside of iced tea so herbals are just bitter flowers. Not that anyone asked. :)

Honestly...where you can get it....iced earl grey changes your life...

Warp 7, Mr. Crusher

You have to, or the artensial bread bakers at the restaurant will get pissed at you and the wait staff will start putting that bastard mayo product - aioli on it. Which is no better than ranch dressing...

Some aiolis and bigger and more beautiful than others :jester:

(Ok, ok...this isn't "news"...Halten Sie!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter