News Round Up 2017

It's very true and very sad. It seems Muppets don't work well in today's marketplace. I sometimes wonder if they should "go younger" with the Muppets to save it. (They did this in the 80s with Muppet Babies.) I would sort of hate it because part of the appeal of the Muppets is their irreverence. I never understood why they put them on Network TV...Muppets are too niche. Hope they someday find a way to make them work. (MMW just wasn't very good.)

Muppet babies was actually a great show...as was fraggle...and did a lot to sustain the muppets as viable through the death of Henson.

Two properties: pooh and muppets have gotten more investment relative to return than anything we've seen disney do during the Eisner/iger eras...

They'd usually cut bait on their own properties far sooner.

Muppet babies was actually a great show...as was fraggle...and did a lot to sustain the muppets as viable through the death of Henson.

Two properties: pooh and muppets have gotten more investment relative to return than anything we've seen disney do during the Eisner/iger eras...

They'd usually cut bait on their own properties far sooner.
Fraggles were the best. I'd wish for them to come back but I'm afraid they'd just ruin it.

This! I always feel the urge to duck when I'm on Space Mountain - I love the ride, but always have this image of me hitting my head on something when I'm riding it lol. It sounds like seeing it with the lights on wouldn't help me get over that. I just keep telling myself I am way shorter than many people that ride it and no one loses their head :upsidedow
I so agree with this. I was fine until I saw it inside. We saw it a couple of times with the lights on while on the People mover and now I am totally freaked out by how close I am to the tracks. I duck all the time now and yes I am short.

It's not even those. Wall mounted larger bottles have apparently been popping up.
ibaEBEL.jpg

Thanks for the picture. Kind of on both sides of the fence; I think bringing home a few toiletries is nice but on the other hand all the plastic winding in our land fills is troubling.
I have never been near this though...
upload_2017-8-17_14-59-45.png

No wonder we get less and less from Disney!
http://v.imgins.com/tags/disneytoiletries

"This likely means that the restaurant is in basement of The Edison, replacing the long rumored “Neverland Tunnels” and “Walt’s Lounge” concepts originally meant for this space."

Well that's disappointing. Especially since I really don't like Italian food.

Bit surprised they are going for Italian - especially with Portabella's just get a refurb/relaunch so that will be two Italian places opening close to the same time

Really don't get the connection of "Thomas Edison" to "Italian Food" ... if anything I thought it would be new American, with maybe some molecular gastronomy elements or something to be like "inventive"

Has anyone mentioned yet that pump-style toiletries are showing up at some of the resorts? Possibly no more little bottles.

With the number of people I've seen in facebook groups bragging about stealing entire trays worth of products from the housekeeping carts I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

It's not even those. Wall mounted larger bottles have apparently been popping up.
ibaEBEL.jpg

I actually like that they are moving in this direction for sustainability/waste reduction purposes. We usually only use the bar soap and bring everything else from home, but even then I feel bad that I open a few of them and am just wasting the rest. All those little bottles produce a lot of trash over time whereas using larger bottles and then (hopefully) recycling them when they are done works just as well. Also more cost-effective for them.

Has anyone mentioned yet that pump-style toiletries are showing up at some of the resorts? Possibly no more little bottles.

With the number of people I've seen in facebook groups bragging about stealing entire trays worth of products from the housekeeping carts I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

I saw this on the POFQ thread. My comment was that I want my resort toiletries to remind me of a spa, not my gym. I don't hoard the toiletries, but they are a nice Disney touch (especially the ones with the Mickey ears). Unfortunately, efficiency and cost cutting win.

well, the largest INTENTIONAL one is already at DHS (though we more pronounced when the park first opened - modifications have made is less explicit):

dmgm-hm-aerial.jpg

I *never knew* this!!! How fun! And thanks for sharing.

Bit surprised they are going for Italian - especially with Portabella's just get a refurb/relaunch so that will be two Italian places opening close to the same time

Really don't get the connection of "Thomas Edison" to "Italian Food" ... if anything I thought it would be new American, with maybe some molecular gastronomy elements or something to be like "inventive"

I'm with you. I'll add even more, within 3 miles you are talking about 6 Italian restaurants on Disney (at least that is all I could come up with just off the top of my head, maybe more), and that doesn't count places like the the Italian restaurant at the Hilton near Disney Springs, Cici's, Unos, etc. which are all also within 3 miles the other way. Pretty disappointed in this.

Whenever we are in MK and notice Space Mountain is down, we book it to People Mover to get our look at the Space Mountain track. I've never actually been on Space Mountain with the lights on. That's neat!
We got "lucky" once... space mountain was down, all lights on, and peoplemover stopped RIGHT inside! Snapped a bunch of photos... we thought it was cool to see it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter