News Round Up 2017

The entire conversation was about hoarders taking them home hence the two photos and link I provided. Not every single state, city or township participate in recycling. I know for a fact some areas in Colorado do not.

It's nice to know Disney does this though. :-)

I may just be feeling cynical, but on the heels of the "gift card in exchange for no mousekeeping" deal, I have to wonder if some of the reason is that it takes less time and effort for the mousekeeping staff to clean if they are not changing out toiletries all the time? Refilling larger bottles as needed would probably take less time.

Seconded. I mean it's a shopping center but it's always been a shopping center. It's some different stores and decent food options as well (and it was a boat ride from old key west which was a plus)

Ok...I guess I'm looking at this from a different angle...cause shopping center are NOT interesting...at least not in my sense.

There are some retail outlets that would be more or less interesting based on tastes...I can see that.

The thing I can never get over is the 1998 days of Christmas Vs the current.

It's pathetic...really. What was interesting is no longer...

Some of the food places are nice...especially homecoming...

But uniqlo is "jersey mall" to me...cause that's where I see them.

I may just be feeling cynical, but on the heels of the "gift card in exchange for no mousekeeping" deal, I have to wonder if some of the reason is that it takes less time and effort for the mousekeeping staff to clean if they are not changing out toiletries all the time? Refilling larger bottles as needed would probably take less time.

I find that doubtful just because it takes only a few seconds to grab one of each disposable item and put them in place. Think of refilling your soap containers in your home, if you use them. Now do that over and over again, I'm annoyed just thinking about it. Either that or they'll just throw away the larger bottle during each room turnover and replace it with a new one. Even though people can say all sorts of reasons why, but this one seems pretty arbitrary.

Ok...I guess I'm looking at this from a different angle...cause shopping center are NOT interesting...at least not in my sense.

There are some retail outlets that would be more or less interesting based on tastes...I can see that.

The thing I can never get over is the 1998 days of Christmas Vs the current.

It's pathetic...really. What was interesting is no longer...

Some of the food places are nice...especially homecoming...

But uniqlo is "jersey mall" to me...cause that's where I see them.
But I mean that's what it is. A shopping center. Since day one that they ditched the idea of it being an actual "village" it's been that in different iterations.

I don't go there every trip but I did make a point to go there this year. I'm that weirdo who's interested in shopping centers and dying retail (I'm such a joy at parties I know) it's really a nice spot and a good vibe. But I can see why it's skippable when you've got all the parks to cover

Homecomin', Boathouse, Marketplace Co-Op, Uniqlo, D-Luxe, Frontera Cocina, Polite Pig.

Agree with the above plus Morimoto, STK has improved a lot, Paddlefish is pretty darn good and Ragland Road of course. So many food options now! Shopping is pretty standard and boring outside Uniqlo and Sanuk for me the rest of those stores can be found at any local mall.

I find that doubtful just because it takes only a few seconds to grab one of each disposable item and put them in place. Think of refilling your soap containers in your home, if you use them. Now do that over and over again, I'm annoyed just thinking about it. Either that or they'll just throw away the larger bottle during each room turnover and replace it with a new one. Even though people can say all sorts of reasons why, but this one seems pretty arbitrary.
Yes, it just does not make sense.

But I mean that's what it is. A shopping center. Since day one that they ditched the idea of it being an actual "village" it's been that in different iterations.

I don't go there every trip but I did make a point to go there this year. I'm that weirdo who's interested in shopping centers and dying retail (I'm such a joy at parties I know) it's really a nice spot and a good vibe. But I can see why it's skippable when you've got all the parks to cover

And some people love shopping. Its not for me, give me 20 pages of open tabs and an hour, but some people really value retail shopping, even when its the same crap they have down the road at their local mall.

I'll tell you when DS is awesome - when you leave your sunglasses on the plane on a late flight...I'm not saying I've been to the DS Sunglasses Hut or whatever multiple times, but that place has bailed me out several times.

Agree with the above plus Morimoto, STK has improved a lot, Paddlefish is pretty darn good and Ragland Road of course. So many food options now!

Yep, DS is a huge improvement for us.

Hadn't been to DTD for years. Now its dining & drinks at least twice each trip, some great food there.

Always some good street entertainment as well.

And some people love shopping. Its not for me, give me 20 pages of open tabs and an hour, but some people really value retail shopping, even when its the same crap they have down the road at their local mall.

I'll tell you when DS is awesome - when you leave your sunglasses on the plane on a late flight...I'm not saying I've been to the DS Sunglasses Hut or whatever multiple times, but that place has bailed me out several times.
You may want a leash for your sunglasses :rolleyes:

There are only a handful of Uniqlo. NYC, Chicago etc.. but only in major tourist areas.. not at every mall.

I'm not kidding...I'll pass 5 on my way to meetings tomorrow...and I'll be going to neither a major city nor a tourist destination...

Yep, DS is a huge improvement for us.

Hadn't been to DTD for years. Now its dining & drinks at least twice each trip, some great food there.

Always some good street entertainment as well.

To be fair...they wrecked downtown and let it fall into disrepair prior.

Springs certainly has more food and retail...but I hesitate to give them too much credit for letting a guest area fall into disrepair prior...and that was done by choice.

I like the food...the theming is underwhelming...and the retail is simply that.

Just can't get too jazzed for anthropologie and underarmour

To be fair...they wrecked downtown and let it fall into disrepair prior.

Springs certainly has more food and retail...but I hesitate to give them too much credit for letting a guest area fall into disrepair prior...and that was done by choice.

I like the food...the theming is underwhelming...and the retail is simply that.

Just can't get too jazzed for anthropologie and underarmour

The dining was never close to what is now offered, and on the way.

I'm not kidding...I'll pass 5 on my way to meetings tomorrow...and I'll be going to neither a major city nor a tourist destination...

Where do you live that has about 5 locations that's not a major market?????

They currently have 47 locations in the US... 37 of those 47 locations are in California (el lay and bay area) as well as NYC including Jersey area. The others are one in Chicago, a few in PA and a few in the Boston area... so If you aren't in the largest markets in America you don't know what a Uniqlo is. Also, that is the only 1 Uniqlo in all of south eastern US.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/find-stores/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter