New Year, New Experiences! A January 2016 TR - I’m here at WDW! 3/25

Having so much fun reading this! LOVE the gender reveals!

By this time it was only 11:15am, but we were hungry! So we headed on down to Broccoliville (aka Columbia Harbor House) Big shoutout to @TheLittleKatie who gave it that phenomenal name!

Broccoliville is the best! Thanks to @TheLittleKatie I don't think we will ever call that place by its actual name ever again :rotfl:

And they did not skimp on the broccoli and my strange son tore it up. Little fun fact: he also likes brussel sprouts! :hyper::faint:

My son likes broccoli too! He says they are "like eating little trees"...didn't know that was a thing :confused3 But hey, whatever gets him to eat his veggies!

It took quite a while to actually get on the ride, about 40 minutes, but DS enjoyed the running around in the waiting area..for a little while. So the last time we waited here, DS got kicked in the face by an older kid while climbing – accident. And this time, DS had fallen off one of the bigger steps on to the ground and started crying. I didn’t see it, but according to DH he fell to the floor, nearly landing at a guys feet, who just stepped back and watched him cry. DH got DS and took him over to me and explained that he was a little upset that this man didn’t even attempt to help him up or ask if he was okay. That led to a discussion – what would you do if you saw a kid fall? Would you pick him up? Do you just ask if he’s okay without physically touching him? It feels like nowadays, you have to be super careful with kids and how you address/handle them. Perhaps this man thought he didn’t want us (as parents) picking up and touching our child, which would result in us getting angry (which obviously we wouldn’t but he doesn’t know how we would react to that situation). It’s all very iffy, and quite frankly, sad that we have to double think about helping somebody up. Sorry OT, but that’s what we talked about! Thoughts?

I would DEFINITELY help a kid if they fell or got hurt in front of me...in fact I have done that before! Just the mom in me I guess...I can't just see a kid get hurt and not want to help! I get why someone might be hesitant (sadly more so in this day and age) but I wouldn't let that stop me. If they wanna sue me for helping/physically touching their kid well...good luck with that! Cause I ain't worth a whole lot! :rotfl2:

Forty bucks later :faint: we had two balloons and one of them would be useless to us!

OMG THOSE BALLOONS ARE $20 EACH?! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Jacob always asks for one...I will have a much easier time saying NO now that I know how much they cost :sad2:

I explained to the handler what we were doing and she was so excited she pretty much screamed what was happening to the Photopass Photographer who was equally excited too!

I would be so excited too!

It's a.....

I think you posted this one on IG/FB but I can't remember now...but so cute! He looks so surprised and happy!

MK_TWNSQR4_7571023689.jpg

I love these pics of your mom!! She looks so happy to be having another grandson :goodvibes

And so nice that ya'll have photos of her finding out! Such great memories!

We all stood around talking about how it was another boy when I hear an, “Excuse me!” from behind us. It was the family that was standing in line with us to meet Mickey. He said, “I hope you don’t mind, but I was able to record a little bit of it and I can send it to you!” pixiedust: How amazing was that!

That is SO awesome!! People can be awful but they can also be really great sometimes too :thumbsup2

Up and at ‘em! We have FP’s to use and baby parts to reveal!

That's illegal in some parts of the world, you know.

FP's cannot be used in upper Mongolia.

24 minutes inside the park! Perfection.

Nice! Never been able to do that.
Someday, maybe...

But first things first when you’re in Old Fantasyland!

::yes:: Always my first or second (depending on the 7DMT situation) ride of the day.

DH rode by himself so he was able to get some pretty decent shots while riding.

Tough getting shots in there.

I just love this ride

Me too! Love that whole "Rolling, rolling, rolling..... flying!!!"

Next up, since it’s right across the way, the happiest ride on earth and boy don’t we look ecstatic about it!

Ugh.

Although it's not quite so bad with Aerosmith or AC/DC blasting into your ears.

I know.

I'm pretty sure I have at least 30 photos of this part of IASW. This is DM's favorite part and she always wants me to take a picture of it:laughing:

:laughing:

And we got off right at the perfect time to see the clock open up!

Did not know it did that.
And with any luck at all... I'll never see it.

While we were riding, I spotted this older gentleman that looked spot on like my Dad, down to the clothes he would wear, height, hair, etc. I pointed him out to DH and he was in shock how much he looked like him! So I took a picture and this is the best I got

Yep. Directly behind the bar :rotfl:

:lmao: I kept looking and looking.... "Surely she didn't get him behind the bar!"

DM and DH still had lots of time before their double ride on BTMRR (and this gave me time to get over that they were using up MY FP for it! :sad:)

I feel your pain.
It was down for refurb while I was there.

DS really loved it and I enjoyed seeing him flinch and move when objects came out at him. It truly is the little things in life that bring me great joy:rotfl2:

:laughing: My youngest DD when she was 4 kept reaching up for the jewels.

Never knew this existed!

But it was tough to get him to leave this little area so we bribed him of course with a Pressed Penny!

Bribery. A parent's best weapon.

So we headed on down to Broccoliville (aka Columbia Harbor House) Big shoutout to @TheLittleKatie who gave it that phenomenal name!

:rotfl: When I saw the chapter title, I immediately thought "Huh. @TheLittleKatie uses that for CHH."

I see you lonesome fry! Don’t worry I’ll eat you ::yes::

:laughing: I see it!

Little fun fact: he also likes brussel sprouts! :hyper::faint:

You should have him checked. This is not normal... for anyone.

What’s better than spinning round and round after lunch on Dumbo?! Seriously, that ride is probably as bad as the teacups for me :scared:

I don't mind Dumbo... but I'll pass on Teacups, thanks.

That led to a discussion – what would you do if you saw a kid fall? Would you pick him up? Do you just ask if he’s okay without physically touching him? It feels like nowadays, you have to be super careful with kids and how you address/handle them.

Since you asked...

In this day and age, I would immediately see if the parents were there and watching. Too often I see parents who are busy with their noses in their phones and just expecting someone else to babysit their child. Drives me nuts. Okay, vent over. If I saw a parent right there (how close was DH?) I'd back off and maybe ask if he was okay or if they needed help. Otherwise, of course I'd see if the little guy needed help. Heck, I've done that.

Perhaps this man thought he didn’t want us (as parents) picking up and touching our child, which would result in us getting angry (which obviously we wouldn’t but he doesn’t know how we would react to that situation).

Yeah, I've seen that too. And I hate it. You get screamed at once by some over-protective parent and next time, when you're needed, you'll hesitate.

You can see his little head poking out

::yes::

we used this time to purchase our balloons – one pink and one blue. And let me tell you how excited DH was!

I bet!

Forty bucks later :faint:

I know. Isn't that crazy?
At least they last forever.

The CM told us to leave the balloons with him while we took pictures but I told him what we were about to do so he came up with the great idea to take pictures with the two balloons and then to do each balloon separately so we wouldn’t have to come back after the reveal. Awesome idea!

Smart!

You know, even without the baby reveal aspect, this is a really nice picture with the balloons.

You darn tootin’! ::yes::

:laughing: But of course!

While in line, we were talking to a family behind us and they asked about the balloons and they were thrilled for us!

:) Disney brings out the best in people. (And sometimes, unfortunately, their worst.)

I explained to the handler what we were doing and she was so excited she pretty much screamed what was happening to the Photopass Photographer who was equally excited too!

It's a.....

Balloon!!

JK. Congratulations!

I posted a video about it here and to social media when we returned from our trip but I’ll post it again

Dang. Back at work. I'll check it out later.

Love her expression.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I was able to record a little bit of it and I can send it to you!” pixiedust: How amazing was that!

Wow! That's really nice!

It was actually great timing because we were now stuck with a pink balloon. They had one little girl in their party. :teacher: We asked if we could give it to her and they were very grateful for it!

Love (and hoped you would) that you did that.
We bought balloons for our girls but couldn't bring them on the plane. We asked them to spread pixie dust and give them away. They did and really had fun doing it.

Holy comments! :earseek:

You don't know me very well, yet...

I always have a plan!...usually...sometimes...never.

I love a decisive woman!

It mainly nudged DH in the right direction. He was not excited about test driving these out, but once he was able to take it out on to the road, he really loved it. I have been wanting one since I was pregnant with our first DS but we really wanted to drive our old Volvo into the ground and boy did we ::yes::

Interesting. And that's the best way to use a car IMHO.

I mean, come on! Who passes up Test Track!?

Only a fool!

Glad that there is a small group of us that enjoy this!

I had a best friend when I was around 18 or so who absolutely refused to even try escargot. "They're snails! I just know I won't like it!" His girlfriend, wheedled and threatened and cajoled and mocked and... you get the picture. He eventually screwed up his face, pinched his nose, held his breath... and took a tiny bite.

He's been ordering them everywhere, all the time, ever since.

Teach me!

I charge by the minute.
But here's a free lesson.
"Mommy has to go to the bathroom. BRB."

Run to Refreshment Port, buy cronut, stuff in face as fast as possible.

"Why do you have sugar on your lips, Mommy?"
"Lip gloss."

You know from experience??

Of course! I live here!

Oh no. Not the pizza?!? You didn't like the pizza?!

I didn't not like it. Just not overly thrilled with it.
It was just okay.
I've had much better.

But then, I'm a pizza snob.

Sorry. Can we still be friends after this?

You know it, my friend! And how can you say no to a walk on??

It's not physically possible.

Having so much fun reading this! LOVE the gender reveals!

Aw thank you!

Broccoliville is the best! Thanks to @TheLittleKatie I don't think we will ever call that place by its actual name ever again :rotfl:

:rotfl2:For reals, that's what we will be calling it from now on!

My son likes broccoli too! He says they are "like eating little trees"...didn't know that was a thing :confused3 But hey, whatever gets him to eat his veggies!

DS says the same thing, every single time we have it at dinner. "Momma, i'm eating baby trees!" :laughing:

I would DEFINITELY help a kid if they fell or got hurt in front of me...in fact I have done that before! Just the mom in me I guess...I can't just see a kid get hurt and not want to help! I get why someone might be hesitant (sadly more so in this day and age) but I wouldn't let that stop me. If they wanna sue me for helping/physically touching their kid well...good luck with that! Cause I ain't worth a whole lot! :rotfl2:

Yes and unfortunately, I think it's easier for women to get away with helping a boy or girl up, than a man trying to do it.

OMG THOSE BALLOONS ARE $20 EACH?! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Jacob always asks for one...I will have a much easier time saying NO now that I know how much they cost :sad2:

I think it's close to $40, maybe there were like $15 per balloon? Doesn't matter, anything more than $5 per balloon is pretty ridiculous! I can get 10 inflated at the dollar store for the price of one sold at Disney.

I think you posted this one on IG/FB but I can't remember now...but so cute! He looks so surprised and happy!

I think I posted on both! And he was shocked that it was a boy!

I love these pics of your mom!! She looks so happy to be having another grandson :goodvibes

And so nice that ya'll have photos of her finding out! Such great memories!

I'm glad we did it, we had originally planned on just telling her, but hey, let's put those $40 balloons to use again! :rotfl:

That is SO awesome!! People can be awful but they can also be really great sometimes too :thumbsup2

Ugh they really can. Fortunately, we had great experiences with everyone on this trip!

That's illegal in some parts of the world, you know.

FP's cannot be used in upper Mongolia.

:rotfl::lmao:

Nice! Never been able to do that.
Someday, maybe...

I hope you do. Being able to use the monorail pretty much every day of our trip is just amazing!

::yes:: Always my first or second (depending on the 7DMT situation) ride of the day.

Of course, 7DMT is a priority!

Ugh.

I know.

:earseek:Now I would bring my earbuds along for this ride for sure!

Did not know it did that.
And with any luck at all... I'll never see it.

:rotfl:It's actually probably the best thing about the ride!

:lmao: I kept looking and looking.... "Surely she didn't get him behind the bar!"

Yep, I sure did!

I feel your pain.
It was down for refurb while I was there.

Agh that hurts. :sad2:

:laughing: My youngest DD when she was 4 kept reaching up for the jewels.

Haha so cute!

Never knew this existed!

Same here! I noticed in on our last trip and made a mental note of it for 'just in case'. Thank goodness my pregnancy brain wasn't acting up that day!

Bribery. A parent's best weapon.

It's my weapon of choice:teeth: And pretty much my only weapon.

:rotfl: When I saw the chapter title, I immediately thought "Huh. @TheLittleKatie uses that for CHH."

I love how everyone knows that Broccoliville is associated with Katie! :cool1: @TheLittleKatie look at the movement you started!

You should have him checked. This is not normal... for anyone.

Or maybe, I just make them that good ::yes::

I don't mind Dumbo... but I'll pass on Teacups, thanks.

I'll admit, it's been a while since i've been on the teacups, but we're going to DLR in a couple days, so I may have to get on it with DS:tilt::tilt::tilt:

Since you asked...

In this day and age, I would immediately see if the parents were there and watching. Too often I see parents who are busy with their noses in their phones and just expecting someone else to babysit their child. Drives me nuts. Okay, vent over. If I saw a parent right there (how close was DH?) I'd back off and maybe ask if he was okay or if they needed help. Otherwise, of course I'd see if the little guy needed help. Heck, I've done that.

DH wasn't super close, likes to give him space to play without hovering, but close enough to see that this man had his little boy crying at his feet.

And DH and I have both done this too, and have never given second though about not asking or helping! I was trying to give this man the benefit of why he didn't help...or it could be that he really just is a jerk:rolleyes:

Yeah, I've seen that too. And I hate it. You get screamed at once by some over-protective parent and next time, when you're needed, you'll hesitate.

This. I've seen news stories of good samaritan's helping and then getting sued?! :confused3:mad: Absolutely ridiculous.

I know. Isn't that crazy?
At least they last forever.

Actually this is true. It stayed inflated the rest of the trip and DH was able to deflate and bring it home! And that's about as far as we got with it, DS was playing with that deflated balloon forever :rotfl2:

You know, even without the baby reveal aspect, this is a really nice picture with the balloons.

It's my favorite too!

:laughing: But of course!

Thanks for acknowledging this truth :lmao:

:) Disney brings out the best in people. (And sometimes, unfortunately, their worst.)

Ugh truer words have never been spoken. But fortunately for us, we had great trips with guests the past few times! Knocking on wood that will happen while at Aulani.

Balloon!!

JK. Congratulations!

:lmao:

Love (and hoped you would) that you did that.
We bought balloons for our girls but couldn't bring them on the plane. We asked them to spread pixie dust and give them away. They did and really had fun doing it.

We love spreading pixie dust! Haven't done it in a while, but I buy dollar store glow-in-the-dark wristbands and necklaces and have DS hand them out to the little guests. Kids love it, the parents love it and it teaches DS the lesson of giving.

You don't know me very well, yet...

I honestly should have known. It usually takes me 20 seconds to scroll past your quotes on others TR's! :rotfl:

I had a best friend when I was around 18 or so who absolutely refused to even try escargot. "They're snails! I just know I won't like it!" His girlfriend, wheedled and threatened and cajoled and mocked and... you get the picture. He eventually screwed up his face, pinched his nose, held his breath... and took a tiny bite.

He's been ordering them everywhere, all the time, ever since.

This is great! :rotfl2:People really do need to give them a try, they are delicious!

I charge by the minute.
But here's a free lesson.
"Mommy has to go to the bathroom. BRB."

Run to Refreshment Port, buy cronut, stuff in face as fast as possible.

"Why do you have sugar on your lips, Mommy?"
"Lip gloss."

:eek::faint::eek::faint:

:worship:

Yep, using this next time.

Sorry. Can we still be friends after this?

But of course, you gave me a great cronut hoarding tip after all!

Very cool way to do a gender reveal. COngrats!

Thank you! It took us a while to figure out what to do and we thought, "hey, it will be cheaper to buy two balloons instead of a Mickey and Minnie plush." Wow, did not see that balloon price tag coming :rotfl2:

Sitting in my office.....crying my eyes out... bc I just LOVE this reveal. My sister lost a baby recently and I was so excited to be going to Disney while she was pregnant bc it would be right around reveal time and wanted to do something amazing like this. I loved reading this and seeing the pictures. Im glad it worked out so well for y'all!!!:dogdance:

Sitting in my office.....crying my eyes out... bc I just LOVE this reveal. My sister lost a baby recently and I was so excited to be going to Disney while she was pregnant bc it would be right around reveal time and wanted to do something amazing like this. I loved reading this and seeing the pictures. Im glad it worked out so well for y'all!!!:dogdance:

Big hugs to your sister :hug::hug::hug: That must be so hard, I can't even imagine.

I hope you do. Being able to use the monorail pretty much every day of our trip is just amazing!

I'm waiting for the monorail connection to DHS/AK/Springs to happen, first.

Next year? Two?

Of course, 7DMT is a priority!

Rope drop, FP or skip it. Those are my thoughts.

That's it. All my thoughts. I live a simple life.

:rotfl:It's actually probably the best thing about the ride!

It's definitely not the worst.

Agh that hurts. :sad2:

Yeah. Seeing it surrounded by scaffolding was a downer.

Thank goodness my pregnancy brain wasn't acting up that day!

I love pregnancy brain!
Her: "I told you that! You forgot!"
Me: "No. You didn't. Pregnancy brain, remember?"
Her: "Oh. I thought I told you. Sorry."
Me: "That's okay honey. I love you."

Me: No idea whether she told me or not. I was watching football.

Or maybe, I just make them that good ::yes::

I will actually give you this.
Many people have said the same or similar.
Even my own mother. This from the woman who cooked them until they were practically mush and caused my gag reflex to kick in.

I'll admit, it's been a while since i've been on the teacups, but we're going to DLR in a couple days, so I may have to get on it with DS:tilt::tilt::tilt:

Let me know how it went.
No need to measure the amount of spewage. An estimate will be fine.

DH wasn't super close, likes to give him space to play without hovering, but close enough to see that this man had his little boy crying at his feet.

In that case, this would be me:
Immediately check on the child to see if he was really hurt, quickly glance around for running/approaching parent(s). Explain what happened when they arrived if they don't know.

And DH and I have both done this too, and have never given second though about not asking or helping! I was trying to give this man the benefit of why he didn't help...or it could be that he really just is a jerk:rolleyes:

Could be the latter. Could be just not sure what to do.

This. I've seen news stories of good samaritan's helping and then getting sued?! :confused3:mad: Absolutely ridiculous.

I think that's no longer the case, isn't it? I read that every State now has some form of Good Samaritan law.

DS was playing with that deflated balloon forever :rotfl2:

Knocking on wood that will happen while at Aulani.

I'm betting it will.
a. Gorgeous resort... how could you be anything but giddy with happiness?
b. Hawaii... see above re: Gorgeous resort.

We love spreading pixie dust! Haven't done it in a while, but I buy dollar store glow-in-the-dark wristbands and necklaces and have DS hand them out to the little guests. Kids love it, the parents love it and it teaches DS the lesson of giving.

Funny you should say that. I seriously thought about doing this.... on my solo trip.... yeah. No. Old man, handing out treats to little kids. That just doesn't look good.

I honestly should have known. It usually takes me 20 seconds to scroll past your quotes on others TR's! :rotfl:

:lmao: Thank goodness you don't read that drivel! (Except now you're forced to because I've invaded your TR)

:eek::faint::eek::faint:

:worship:

Yep, using this next time.

You're welcome.

But of course, you gave me a great cronut hoarding tip after all!

Sweet!

Aw thank you :goodvibes But I think it's just the lenses they use at Disney, cause seriously, we don't look that good :laughing:

57218977.jpg

I follow you on FB and Instagram. You can't fool me.

That led to a discussion – what would you do if you saw a kid fall? Would you pick him up? Do you just ask if he’s okay without physically touching him? It feels like nowadays, you have to be super careful with kids and how you address/handle them. Perhaps this man thought he didn’t want us (as parents) picking up and touching our child, which would result in us getting angry (which obviously we wouldn’t but he doesn’t know how we would react to that situation). It’s all very iffy, and quite frankly, sad that we have to double think about helping somebody up. Sorry OT, but that’s what we talked about! Thoughts?

Just the other day, a little kid around 2 or 3 was climbing on some stacked chairs next to me (parents no where around). The chairs tipped forward with him on them & I instinctively reached out to catch him. Luckily he caught himself before I did but then I thought, his parents would probably have gotten ticked at me for helping. You're right that it's sad we have to think about stuff like that :(

It was actually great timing because we were now stuck with a pink balloon. They had one little girl in their party. :teacher: We asked if we could give it to her and they were very grateful for it!

Awww, that's so sweet that the balloon didn't go to waste & that they were able to record your special moment as well. (BTW, I love the name Adelaide too, but for a different reason than DH. One of my favorite musicals is Guys & Dolls).

Flash, whoops!:blush:

And no guys, not that type of flash :rolleyes:
For the record, my mind didn't go there... until you took it there. :rotfl2:

DH asked the photographer if he could take a picture of him sitting down (he thinks she was supposed to be taking pictures of the UK Pavilion as the background) but she did it for him! He said the two guys had no idea what was going on :laughing:
That is awesome! He just keeps stepping his game up!

Unfortunately, the ride is never long enough for a full nap, so I had to wake DH up and be on our way to meet up with DM.
That's what Ellen's Energy Adventure is for.

That led to a discussion – what would you do if you saw a kid fall? Would you pick him up? Do you just ask if he’s okay without physically touching him? It feels like nowadays, you have to be super careful with kids and how you address/handle them. Perhaps this man thought he didn’t want us (as parents) picking up and touching our child, which would result in us getting angry (which obviously we wouldn’t but he doesn’t know how we would react to that situation). It’s all very iffy, and quite frankly, sad that we have to double think about helping somebody up. Sorry OT, but that’s what we talked about! Thoughts?
Sadly, I think I'd be in the boat of not touching him. I'd probably at least kneel down and talk to him and ask him if he's ok/where his parents are, etc. It's unfortunate, but in 2016 I really feel like you've got to be careful about touching a stranger's kid even if you're just trying to help them up after they fall.

I've said it before, but I love the reveal. That's awesome that you were able to get a video from the family in line with you and return the favor with a balloon for their little girl.

I had a whole bunch of things from your TR quoted in this post and they all got lost. :headache: I never knew you could get broccoli at CHH. Either it's been a long time since we ate there or we were not as healthy because I always got fries.

The reveal was very cute, too bad the tech messed it up and you already knew. And so nice of the people behind you to take a video of your big reveal!

As far as the falling kid situation, I would be one to stand back and hope that their parents were paying attention. Mostly from the standpoint that I have zero experience with children, but also I would fear that a rabid parent would bite my head off for touching their child.

I know.

I was kinda thinking Roadhouse Blues by the Doors might be an amusing choice.

but we're going to DLR in a couple days,

When??? :hyper:

Really? I often read @pkondz replies, as well as @Captain_Oblivious, and @afwdwfan's comments as they are often rather amusing.

I seriously thought about doing this.... on my solo trip.... yeah. No. Old man, handing out treats to little kids. That just doesn't look good.

:rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the monorail connection to DHS/AK/Springs to happen, first.

Next year? Two?

This needs to happen!

Rope drop, FP or skip it. Those are my thoughts.

That's it. All my thoughts. I live a simple life.

Ahh, wouldn't it be nice if life were that easy?

I love pregnancy brain!
Her: "I told you that! You forgot!"
Me: "No. You didn't. Pregnancy brain, remember?"
Her: "Oh. I thought I told you. Sorry."
Me: "That's okay honey. I love you."

Me: No idea whether she told me or not. I was watching football.

Thank goodness DH has permanent pregnancy brain :rotfl:

No need to measure the amount of spewage. An estimate will be fine.

You got it bud!

In that case, this would be me:
Immediately check on the child to see if he was really hurt, quickly glance around for running/approaching parent(s). Explain what happened when they arrived if they don't know.

:thumbsup2

I'm betting it will.
a. Gorgeous resort... how could you be anything but giddy with happiness?
b. Hawaii... see above re: Gorgeous resort.

This is what i'm hoping for, but apparently, there are a few downsides to Aulani:
a. Traffic
b. Pool Chairs.

Okay so really if that's all there is to complain about, i'm in a pretty good situation :laughing:

Funny you should say that. I seriously thought about doing this.... on my solo trip.... yeah. No. Old man, handing out treats to little kids. That just doesn't look good.

:rotfl::rotfl2:I'm fairly confident security may have been called on you if you did that, so good call.

57218977-jpg.197620

I follow you on FB and Instagram. You can't fool me.

:hug::hug:

Just the other day, a little kid around 2 or 3 was climbing on some stacked chairs next to me (parents no where around). The chairs tipped forward with him on them & I instinctively reached out to catch him. Luckily he caught himself before I did but then I thought, his parents would probably have gotten ticked at me for helping. You're right that it's sad we have to think about stuff like that :(

Ridiculous that the first thing that comes to our minds is, "Is this okay to be helping?" SMH:sad2:

Awww, that's so sweet that the balloon didn't go to waste & that they were able to record your special moment as well. (BTW, I love the name Adelaide too, but for a different reason than DH. One of my favorite musicals is Guys & Dolls).

It was such a nice surprise that they did that for us!

So i'm a loser and not too familiar with musicals. But I may get a point with you for this one. I've been trying to teach my DS how to do this from my favorite musical

For the record, my mind didn't go there... until you took it there. :rotfl2:

:rotfl:Oops my bad!

That is awesome! He just keeps stepping his game up!

Totally does. I think the older he gets, the more he doesn't care and I approve!

That's what Ellen's Energy Adventure is for.

D'oh! I always forget about this ride!

Sadly, I think I'd be in the boat of not touching him. I'd probably at least kneel down and talk to him and ask him if he's ok/where his parents are, etc. It's unfortunate, but in 2016 I really feel like you've got to be careful about touching a stranger's kid even if you're just trying to help them up after they fall.

I totally agree and it's sad that it's come to this in this day and age.

I've said it before, but I love the reveal. That's awesome that you were able to get a video from the family in line with you and return the favor with a balloon for their little girl.

Thank you!

And really, I would have tried to give the other balloon away too if DS didn't see it. Have you ever tried to push a stroller with one?? And trying not to hit people or yourself with it is impossible.

What an amazing way to do the reveal. Congratulations!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I was kinda thinking Roadhouse Blues by the Doors might be an amusing choice.

Well, that's just what I was listening to.
Whatever you want to listen to is fine, although metal works best IMHO. But anything that drowns out.... that... is fine.

Ahh, wouldn't it be nice if life were that easy?

It's not?

Thank goodness DH has permanent pregnancy brain :rotfl:

We all do.

This is what i'm hoping for, but apparently, there are a few downsides to Aulani:
a. Traffic
b. Pool Chairs.

Traffic didn't seem to be an issue that I can recall.
Then again, we didn't go during rush hour, so... :confused3

But I do seem to remember most pool chairs having a body in them.

I'm fairly confident security may have been called on you if you did that, so good call.

Yup. You'd think I was driving a white van.

I had a whole bunch of things from your TR quoted in this post and they all got lost. :headache: I never knew you could get broccoli at CHH. Either it's been a long time since we ate there or we were not as healthy because I always got fries.

It's been there for at least 2 years, I think? Trying to remember that TR that Katie did, but i'm so glad they have broccoli as an option!

The reveal was very cute, too bad the tech messed it up and you already knew. And so nice of the people behind you to take a video of your big reveal!

Ugh yes :headache: But it was pretty fun being able to make jokes about the baby to DH like, "Maybe we should get this dress? Or this jersey? Sucks that you don't know but I do." :rotfl:

As far as the falling kid situation, I would be one to stand back and hope that their parents were paying attention. Mostly from the standpoint that I have zero experience with children, but also I would fear that a rabid parent would bite my head off for touching their child.

I'd definitely be afraid of the repercussions from the parents. But I think a simple, 'Are you okay?' would suffice.

We're just going for one day (Friday) since we're blocked on Saturday. Trying to get one last use of the AP's before they expire - still haven't decided if we're going to renew yet. It expires when we're at Aulani but if we weren't going there, we would have spent at least 2 or 3 days during that week since DH has it off.

Really? I often read @pkondz replies, as well as @Captain_Oblivious, and @afwdwfan's comments as they are often rather amusing.

Trust me, i'm tempted to do that but then I would get no where fast with catching up on others TR's or mine!

Well, that's just what I was listening to.
Whatever you want to listen to is fine, although metal works best IMHO. But anything that drowns out.... that... is fine.

How about Killswitch Engage? Or is that too metal-y??::yes:: <--me headbanging

Traffic didn't seem to be an issue that I can recall.
Then again, we didn't go during rush hour, so... :confused3

But I do seem to remember most pool chairs having a body in them.

Wait a sec have you been?! TR on that one??

And of course, some of the things we'll be doing, we'll be in rush hour so i'm pretty afraid. Guess it's worse than LA! :headache::scared:

Wait a sec have you been?! TR on that one??

And of course, some of the things we'll be doing, we'll be in rush hour so i'm pretty afraid. Guess it's worse than LA! :headache::scared:

Just found your TR and got all caught up. Your family is too darn cute! And the reveal made me cry, I'm so sappy about that kind of stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter