NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all you friendly WL fans! Friends of mine will be going to WDW for their honeymoon, and I am planning their trip. I booked them at WL, in a standard room. Can someone please tell me about these? Are there any king beds? We stayed at WL years ago, woods view, and really enjoyed it. It was our first trip to WDW, and it will also be my friends first trip to WDW (I found WL to be a great place for first timers!). Anything special I should request for them for their honeymoon? AND, anyone know of anything I could have sent that would be waiting for them when they arrive?

Also, we are DVC members, and are thinking about staying at VWL next summer in a 2BR dedicated (pending availability - I think we'll book BWV preferred at the 11 months just to have something). Where are these located at, and what are the views? We really miss WL!

Thanks! ;)

I would also like any recommendations on what to request in a standard room. I requested 5th floor or higher. Should I request a particular wing?

Yes, this is my first trip to WL as well. First Deluxe trip as well.

I am not sure what to request for standard room as well. I think I will call them back to ask for 5th floor. Is there any other options I don't know about?

We did state bunk beds/queen.

Now if I am looking at information correctly, there is more than one main building? Or is it set up more like a U if it is one building?

I just don't want to be out in Timbuktu, and have to walk far with two kids!

jwfla422....

Last year when I made my WL reservations, we wanted to be on the end facing the lake. The CM checked with her supervisor and I was told it is called Courtyard view with Lake view preference. This is what was put on my ressie as the main request and we got it! (We were on the side away from the boat dock. Is that North or South?!?LOL) It's a pretty long walk from the the lobby, but there are stairs you can use to come out near the pool. The view was fabulous! We really enjoyed watching activity on the lake and the sunrise! We've decided the long walk from the lobby was worth the view for us, but something to keep in mind.

Lori

I don't want to miss any new information or not be able to post my experience with the WL when I come back from our trip. Has the new thread been started yet?

Cindy B,

I'm in the same situation with 2 young children so I don't want a room far away from the Lobby.

We are arriving at the WL next Thursday (May 22nd). We have a booked a standard room with a code ($139pn).

Is it really worth trying to make a request at this point for Memorial Day Weekend? I am not looking for anything for free. Is just that my dw and I will be bringing our 14 month ds for his WDW experience. We will probably be spending a lot of our time at the resort, so we will want that to be as enjoyable as possible.

Any suggestions?

I truly tried to get through all of the 149 pages here, but I only made it through the first 21 and the last 5. I need some information regarding the WL concierge rooms. I understand that the designated concierge rooms are all on the 7th floor. Are there any connecting concierge rooms?

Thanks.

...I WILL be starting the new WL thread VERY SOON!!!:D

answer to jwfla's(I believe) question re: the "end" rooms...
The end of the North Wing rooms are woods view. The South Wing rooms facing the lake are courtyard views; the first thru' 3rd floors have enclosed balconies with stone pillars (the upper floors are "open" balconies). Each wing has 2 corner junior suites, leaving 2 rooms on each floor as "regular' rooms. Hope this helps....:D

BCVNovember ~
Although the concierge rooms are located on the 7th floor, if you request rooms that are NOT on this floor, you can do so and still have concierge access. (so, you could request a lower floor/ connecting rooms)

FriendsofEeyore ~
Who knows? You COULD get lucky!! I would definitely, at least, try to send a fax. One thing I have found to be true of WL is that these CM's seems to be the most accomodating of all the resorts, bar none! (JMHO:rolleyes: )

Cindy B ~
Even the furthermost room is not too far away from the lobby, pool, bus depot, etc., especially after having stayed at CSR, DxL (old POR), AND CBR!! If your DFam are not light sleepers, I'd recommend a Lobby view room. This 411 goes out to bkw86, as well....

Kimmar067 - You said:

"Although the concierge rooms are located on the 7th floor, if you request rooms that are NOT on this floor, you can do so and still have concierge access."

Are there connecting concierge rooms on the 7th floor? I'm travelling with my Dad and my 3 daughters (2, 5 and 7) and we need 2 rooms. I guess it's not a deal breaker if the rooms don't connect but I feel it be nicer for us if they did.

I really need to be on the same floor as the concierge services if I'm going to utilize them. With my children it would be impractical to have to go up and down the elevators to get to the food, etc., although my kids would love to ride the elevators as much as possible it would make me crazy and cut down on the convenience factor considerably for me. If I need to do that I might as well skip it.

Thanks!

...:bounce:

BCVNovember ~
I'm still trying to get that info for you; have patience:D !

...it up top, for the newbies to read.....;)

[size=medium]Well, faithful WL Vets and readers of our humble little thread. We will be opening up Part "Deux", so, stay tuned...[/size]

I for one would like to say a big Thank You to Kimmar for staying on top of this and getting us our second WL thread. It has provided a lot of useful info and enjoyable reading.

I hope part two goes to 150 pages as well!!:cool:

...here, here!!;)

Boy, you are really lucky to be gettin' to da "woods", again....we were not originally going to go to WDW, but our plans changed, and we got a GREAT deal at ASMo! However, now 2 of my 3 DS's don't really wanna go to Fla again (they'd rather be in the REAL woods, roughin' it), so it looks like we AREN'T going again....:(

Originally posted by kimmar067
Boy, you are really lucky to be gettin' to da "woods", again....we were not originally going to go to WDW, but our plans changed, and we got a GREAT deal at ASMo! However, now 2 of my 3 DS's don't really wanna go to Fla again (they'd rather be in the REAL woods, roughin' it), so it looks like we AREN'T going again....:(

Kimmar,
Quick, get them to the doctor, they are obviously suffering from some sort of virus that affects the brain and the ability to think clearly!!!;)

:smooth: Just had to post my excitement......I just hung up with the Lodge. One week from today, yes, one short week and God willing I will be standing at the check in desk with my hubby to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary......We are unable to go in August and are leaving Friday...........:D :D . The Lodge is my favorite place on earth. i may not get to do much in the parks this time as my knee is really bad but I could be happy just looking out at that lake and sitting in the spa. Hubby is threatening to rent me a scooter...We shall see....Fact is I am going........Anybody know the cost of a massage there??

Lou-Ann,
Don't quote me but I did some massage pricing for when we're there...and I THINK the WL massage was 50 minutes for 90 bucks. We're decided to get the couples massage at GF that's 50 minutes for 245.00

I'm right there with RATPACK in sending out a great big thank you to you KIMMAR067 for starting, and really carrying this thread through! When 999ghsts left and AsMickey was not around as much, you stood up and helped very many of us Disers plan our magical vacations! You really deserve a lot of Pixie Dust from us all! And I can't wait to see what questions the new thread will bring!!
Thanks Alot!! Shopgirl72:earsgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter