NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kimmar067, I'll do that. I'm still wondering if they'll come out with AP rates since they're doing this huge promotion now. If I knew for sure about that then whether or not to take the Fairytale deal wouldn't be a question...............

Does anyone know if they'll still come out with AP rates?

:Pinkbounc :earsgirl: :earsboy: Hi, first time on this thread and wer'e coming to the WL in June for the first time, I'm soooo excited, I have a few questions if any one can answer, i would appreaciate it!!! First,I read somwhere back on this thread about a onetime family fee for the boats and bikes does anyone know the price of that? And can anyone tell me where the bunk bed rooms are located and what are the chances of getting one?This thread has been such a big help -thank you so much for all the great information!!!!..............goof

Does anyone know if the character Totem Pole figurine is still sold in the gift shop at WL? These are miniature copies of the large Totem Pole with the characters standing on the shoulders of a bear. About 11 inches tall cast in resin I think.

Artemus

Rooms 6043 and 6049 are queen/bunk rooms. However, they are courtview and I don't know if you are booked in a std room. There is a "section" at WL that has a queen/bunk set-up, just send in (fax) your request ASAP to get the best chance of securing one.

Artemus ~
Yes, the Mercantile doess offer those totem poles. However, there are several versions of them; I don't know which you are looking for.....

Just back from 5 nights at WL!! We had a great time and I'll get a trip report posted soon. We brought one of the totem poles with Pooh and friends and there was also a Mickey version. We got the room type we requested and had conceirge access added for $45 per night. We booked a woods view and asked for bunk beds overlooking the otter pond. We were in room 2012. Can't say enough good things about our stay. Can't wait to go back.

CEDmom,

That is the area we asked for as well. May I ask, where was your room in relation to the lobby. What was the price for the Totem Pole? Thanks. Kids are getting up every morning and doing the countdown!

Artemus

I'll be at the WL on the 10th through the 16th, and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a courtyard room reserved.

Previous visits to WDW have been at the Swan (1997), offisite (1995), Disney Villas (before the Institute) (1992), offsite (1989).

Hey guys, I called WDTC this morning and was able to apply the Fairytale Package code to my existing reservation fro WL Aug 13-20, standard room, UPH, Airfare and rental car.
The code saved me $1000!!!
My total cost for 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant went from $4300 to $3300!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to be back at WL once again!!!

...how come you don't have "WL Vet" on your siggie??!??!:rolleyes:

alansh ~ you are going to LOVE the WL!! Make sure to post when you get back!!

Kimmar-I will have to change my signature. After this third trip to WL I will definately consider myself a "Vet"!!

I am just excited to be under triple digits now. 97 more days :D

Kimmar,
Since this is the end of this thread.....what is the link to the new one you created??

Thanks for all the work you do on the boards here.

From 999ghsts - Your standard rooms are floors 4, 5, and 6 in the first wing on the North...MK...side, these are all the rooms that directly look over the service area also the 4th floor rooms over the front desk are standard view rooms, they all look at roof peaks.

Can someone tell me if the 5th floor over the lobby is standard? We just got back and were on the 5th floor over the front desk and did not care for the roof line view that the 4th floor also had and cannot figure why the 4th floor would be a "standard" view and the 5th floor a "woodland" view. We paid for a woodland view, just felt like we got a standard?

Heather

I'll be at the WL August 3rd through the 10th. Got a std room. Thanks for all the valuable input about what room to request. Currently they have me down for a non-smoking room on 5th floor.

Prior visits to WDW: CBR (2002), All Star Movies (2001), PO (1993), Offsite (1983).

I'm sure this has been addressed but I'll ask anyway. Are the rooms on the ends of the North and South wings facing Bay Lake courtyard rooms? Are these regular rooms? (as opposed to deluxe rooms, etc)

...I believe that they are woods view rooms. However, I am trying to find out for certain whether they are or not.....
kimmar

BTW ~ [color=royal blue]Happy Mother's Day!![/color]

You think kimmar067? That would be nice, we have a woodsview room reserved for August. We stayed by the otter pond last August but our room was too close to the elevators and it was pretty noisey at night.

I did request this room too not realizing that it would be a little louder than we liked because I wanted to face the otter pond. We were a room away from having a castle view (that's what I really wanted, but I'm sure it's tough to coordinate that).

This trip I'd really love one of the rooms at the end of the hall since I think they'd be quieter. Otherwise I'd settle for a room close to end of the hall facing the woods. I did like the north wing though.

We stayed at the Villas last time. Had a two bedroom suite. It was nice, but I thought the bedroom had two fulls/queens. What we got was a full/queen (forget which) plus a sleep sofa.

Already thinking about our next trip... Can a family of six stay in a deluxe room? The two bedroom did have some great features, but wondering if the price were right could we actually stay in the deluxe?

Another question, which could factor in where we were to stay... Is it possible to see the water pageant from any view at the villas?? We couldn't last time, but were on the front side of the building.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but we're staying at the WL for the first time. Are there any rooms that have a view of Bay Lake, where you can see the water parade?

We're Poly vets, so any info. would help!

Thanks!

...the woodsview/courtview rooms with the lower room numbers(ie: xx12 - "xx" being 40, 50, 60, etc. to designate the 4th floor, fifth floor, etc.) are closer to Bay lake, but further from the lobby. They offer the best views of the lake and geyser. The odd-numbered rooms face the inside/pool area, while the even-numbered rooms are the woods views (that is how the North Wing is set up). Of course, if you get a higher numbered room, you will probably have, at least, a partial view of the lake...Hope this info helps...:rolleyes: !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter