New TTC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...

I am at CD22 and am having mild cramping. My cycles are always 28 days and AF is expected on the 15th. I never have cramps, so I would be shocked if AF was the cause.... I normally have cramps in my lower back for about 45 minutes and then AF arrives. I woke up this morning having really sharp pains one one side of my lower abdomen for a few hours, and now i'm having mild cramps in my abdomen. Any explanation???

TIA

I'm no expert but might it be ovulation pain? With ovulation I get single sided pain followed by a pelvic bloating. It can last for several hours for me. I can best describe the pelvic bloating as feeling like I have a blown up balloon in my pubic area that hurts pretty much every move I make.

Well I would like to share my story with you guys for encouragement because I know the emotional roller coaster and how difficult it is when dealing with infertility. I have stage IV endometriosis and had been trying to get pregnant again for 4 years. We struggled to get pregnant with our 1st child for several years and then I had a laparoscopy and got pregnant right away after that. It was found I had stage IV endo. Our first DS is now 7 and I am pregnant! Yeah. We struggled again and was told IVF probably wouldnt work due to the severity of the endo and I should probably just have a hysterectomy to take care of the endo. I did not accept that and sought out other options and found a wonderful doctor in Atlanta at the Center for Endometriosis. I traveled there for surgery last summer and was pregnant the first cycle after my 3 month healing time after surgery. I tell you all this so that if any of you are struggling with infertility due to endometriosis there is a chance. For those of you with endo who treat with physicians who say there isnt a cure then please contact the Center for Endo for their medical opinion. Good luck to all of you trying to conceive.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your well wishes! I have my first appointment next Thursday, and after that we are planning to share the news with friends and family.

Sorry I have not posted much - I have been exhausted! By the time I get home from work, cook/eat dinner and bathe my DD I'm ready for bed. A few times, I have been asleep before she has!

Gypsy Sue - I'm so sorry. That really --- well sucks, for lack of a better word.

Good luck Christal - the very first symptom I had was a brief wave of nausea and then sore b**bs right after. I'll send you lots of good baby dust pixiedust: pixiedust:

Skuttle - I know how you feel. My brother and I are 7 years apart, and I remember talking to my mom when DD turned 3 saying "how could you start all over??" But she said she was so glad to have that spacing (wasn't planned - she struggled with infertility for five years before having me - turned out to be blocked tubes) because she felt like she really got to spend a lot of one-on-one time with both of us from birth until we were in school for full days. She said looking back that she could not imagine having us closer together, especially since my brother had so many nasty ear infections from birth-age 5 that they were constantly in the ER with him.

Princess Tinkerbell - have a fun trip. that is too funny! :rotfl:

Disneymooner - I don't remember, did you see your doctor before you stopped bcp? Stopping bcp, especially mid-pack, can throw all kinds of things off-whack. It may have been ovulation pain, which you wouldn't be used to feeling having been on the pill. I remember a similar feeling when I first went off to TTC about 2 years ago. I also was diagnosed with endometriosis and ovarian cysts when I was about your age and had similar, but much worse pains, that got worse over a very short period of time. If the pain doesn't get better, you probably want to call your doctor to get checked out. Good luck!

Ugh. Big time ugh. Results of Drs. appt is that the Dr. thinks IVF is really where we need to be going. And sooner rather than later as I may have an egg supply/quality issue. I was not really ready to hear this. I don't have any problem doing IVF other than fact there is no possible way we can afford it. Insurance doesn't cover IVF and it will cost upwards of $15,000 due up front. It just doesn't seem right that we should have to take out a loan or a second mortgage to have a baby--something that most be people are blessed with for free! I'm just so frusterated.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( It doesn't seem fair, does it?!

I worry about the same thing. If I need to go that route, there's just no way we'd be able to. We don't have enough equity in our house for a second mortgage, and there's no way we could come up with the money on our own.

That rules adoption out, too!

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( It doesn't seem fair, does it?!

I worry about the same thing. If I need to go that route, there's just no way we'd be able to. We don't have enough equity in our house for a second mortgage, and there's no way we could come up with the money on our own.

That rules adoption out, too!
Don't let money rule out adoption. Check with all the groups to see what options are out there nad also check out adopting via the state. A lot of times the will pay for the home studies which run $2-5K. I did a lot of looking into it when I was having trouble getting pregnant. If we have another child, it will be via adoption I think as we aren't willing to risk my health or the baby's health.

Beth, I am so very sorry though :hug: Life truly is not fair :(

I agree with all the others Disneymooner. Stopping mid pack will really mess things up and make it hard to know exactly what is going on. I was always told to never stop mid-pack.

PenguinWaiters, I do hope that all goes well for you. Keep us updated.. and I know the tired feeling. That does eventually go away at least for a while.

Well, I am back again. I stopped in briefly last year and then put the trying on hold. I am 28 and have DS6. I have been off depo for almost 3 years and have not used any other form of BC since. I am a little worried that I have not got pregnant yet, but honestly we haven't really been trying. We have tried maybe 3-4 months last year and then put it aside. This month will be the first official month that we start trying and we will continue until I get pregnant. I am a little worried because DS will be 7 by the time a new baby comes around and it's a big age difference. I'm also concerned with how DS will take it since he's been the center of our universe for so long. He says he wants a baby, but I think he's going to change his mind later on ;)

AF just ended yesterday and we are going to try doing the BD every other day and see how that works out. I am also planning on buying the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility since I've seen it so highly recommended. I have some ovulation sticks at home that I am going to try. I think I have a good idea of when I'm ovulating.

Any advice would be extremely helpful. I'm concerned because my body never seemed to go back to normal since depo, and the times I did try to get pregnant were around the time I should have been ovulating. I've spoken with my Dr., but she didn't seem concerned. Well, thanks for hearing me out. :goodvibes

Does anyone else have the ClearBlue digital fertility monitor? Mine came in today and I'm a little confused about the 'M' button. I'm going to look up some tips online, but I figured I'd ask you ladies first.

I have one. I got pregnant with my DD (6) the first time using it; so, I know it works! Anyway you hold the m button down at the start of each new monthly cycle. You have up to five days to do it. So, if you happen to forget on day one you don't have to panic. Hold the button down until the desired day in your cycle starts flasing on th screen and then stop pressing. It should come up as day one of your cycle and show low fertility. If you forgot on day one be patient and just hold the button down longer until you find the correct day of your cycle. You have a three hour window to rest each day, or something like that. An hour before and an hour after you start your monitor. I used my monitor first thing in the morning. It will ask you to test a few more days the first month or so until it gets a feel for what is normal for you. With any luck you won't need to use it for too long! Hope this answers your question.

I will be using mine again next month again. Didn't think about it in time this month. It worked a second time; but unfortunately I miscarried last May.

Congrats to all those that are expecting! Sticking baby dust to everyone else ttc!

Jodi

Hello all!

I just went off the pill two weeks ago. We are not charting yet, just seeing what will happen at this point. We are both very scared, but very excited to be parents. It is such a huge lifestyle change! My husband is nervous because he knows nothing about babies, so I bought him a book today about the frist year of a babies life. Hopefuly it will give him a lot of information he doesnt know.

Is anyone else scared and anxious also? Or am I crazy? :)

I would like to get started on prenatal vitamins. Does anyone know a good OTC brand they can recommend?

I just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility and the book by Landrum Shettles titled How to Choose the Sex of your Baby. Someone recommended this book to me and I thought I would just try it out for fun. I of course just want a healthy baby, but thought why not. Has anyone read this book before?

LOL! My DH and I have been TTC our 2nd for 1.5 years now and the thought of a second child STILL scares both of us and we've done it before! DS was a surprise so we were kinda thrown into it so we didn't have TOO much time to be scared! DH found a book written specifically for dads re pregnancy and then another re the first year or so of the baby's life. He really enjoyed those books because they were informative but also funny, and written just for dads.

Hello all!

I just went off the pill two weeks ago. We are not charting yet, just seeing what will happen at this point. We are both very scared, but very excited to be parents. It is such a huge lifestyle change! My husband is nervous because he knows nothing about babies, so I bought him a book today about the frist year of a babies life. Hopefuly it will give him a lot of information he doesnt know.

You're not alone, I promise. I think DH is more scared though. The other night he was like, "What if you're pregnant and I give you some medicine or something you're not supposed to have?" I laughed and said, "Goofy, I won't take it. I'll know what I can and can't have, you don't have to worry about that part."

And then he's all worried about being a good daddy. :rolleyes: Of course he'll be.

skuttle- Love the new pic of your little boy! I was hoping you would put a new one up :thumbsup2

Allison, I agree, that is a great pic of your boy :teeth:

I admit it took us over a year and a half to get a viable pregnancy, and it still scared us to death. Heck it scares us now that we'll mess up our little one. I think though, I was more scared than my DH was/is.

One book I had my DH read was actually Jenny McCarthy's book (I think it is Belly Laughs). I know it wasn't for the dads, but it really helped him get a better perspective. She said all that I was worried and fearing as well, but in a way he got it.

Diana, good luck with TTC. A friend of mine was on Depro and had a hard time getting pregnant afterwards. Apparenty it really messed up her cycle. I would try talking to your doctor to see if you'll "need help" like she did.
As for Pre-natals, wish I could help. I was never able to stomach them so my doctor just made sure I got enough Folic Acid. I started off with just regular vitamins that had 400mcg and then switched to chewables since it was all I could stomach and added in a Folic Acid suppliment of 800mcg. Never once was I able to take them, so as long as you get *at least* 400mcg in your vitamin you are fine.

Does anyone else have the ClearBlue digital fertility monitor? Mine came in today and I'm a little confused about the 'M' button. I'm going to look up some tips online, but I figured I'd ask you ladies first.

Yes, I have a Clear Blue monitor and I got pregnant both times using it for just 1 or 2 months. I love the monitor! The M button is what you press to start the cycle. Just hold it down until you see a "1". That is the first day of your period/cycle. If you period comes around 4pm on a given day, you don't want to press the M button until the next morning. You want to set it in the morning so that it asks you for the urine stick between 5am - 11am, or somewhere around then. You need morning urine.

Does this make sense? Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. I feel like I'm kind of an expert. Those things actually worked for me, big time!!!

Hi all you newbies! It might be time for re-introductions, since there are so many of you. Welcome!

I am the official stalker of the thread, and hostess to anyone's Aunt Flo who wants to come to visit. I am not TTC, but had a tough journey which produced Hannah (8) and Emily (7) who are Irish Twins. Once the fertility faucet started, it did not want to turn off.

Good luck to everyone. I hope your stay here is a short one, but that you come back and visit every once in a while!

Denae

I was totally scared when I first came off the pill. I didn't know if we were making the right decision, if we could afford it... heck, I wasn't even sure if I even truly WANTED a baby because I was so freaked out by the whole idea!

Now that we've been trying for almost a year, though, I'm not really scared anymore. I guess because being able to get pregnant isn't as easy as I thought it would be, it's hard for me to imagine actually being pregnant and having one!

Good idea there Denae!

My name is Elaine. I started with this thread when it was originated and hung out here since then. I took about a year and a half to get a viable pregnancy. After about a year of TTC, I finally got pregnant, but miscarried at around 12 (had a D&C). We got pregnant about 5 months after that (had to take some time off to let my body heal) and just had my DS on November 29 last year.

The ladies haven't kicked me off yet, and I love being here to support many of the wonderful ladies who were there when I was at my lowest.

I wish everyone all the best in the world and hope many of you here "graduate" quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter