New Ticket Upgrade Policy?

Yes, but beware. I've had multiple problems having multiple tickets in my name under the new electronic system. First, I bought a one day ticket last summer that I did not use. It is hard to explain briefly, but more than once, when I went to the parks, instead of picking the ticket I wanted, the system kept picking that one day ticket. So more than once, I had to go to GS to have the system change to the correct ticket. It was actually luck that I did it the first time. Otherwise I may have lost that one day ticket for ever. The one day also kept popping up later when I tried to make FP+ picks.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a situation where we have 5 day complimentary tickets and had to purchase 2 days to get free dining. I spoke with several CMs who said go to guest services before you try to enter the park, and they will prioritize which ticket you want to use first. They apparently can switch it back and forth.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a situation where we have 5 day complimentary tickets and had to purchase 2 days to get free dining. I spoke with several CMs who said go to guest services before you try to enter the park, and they will prioritize which ticket you want to use first. They apparently can switch it back and forth.

Supposedly. :) but the system keeps reverting back. It's a pain to have to fix the same thing multiple times. I truly dislike the idea of going to GS in the morning when time is precious. It is also time consuming to wait on hold with WDW ticketing, too.

Just something to be aware about.

. I truly dislike the idea of going to GS in the morning when time is precious. It is also time consuming to wait on hold with WDW ticketing, too.

Just something to be aware about.

You're not the only one. We finally gave up....became a daily trek for multiple issues (also FP & dining) :(

Supposedly. :) but the system keeps reverting back. It's a pain to have to fix the same thing multiple times. I truly dislike the idea of going to GS in the morning when time is precious. It is also time consuming to wait on hold with WDW ticketing, too. Just something to be aware about.

Ugh! Thanks for the warning!! We go in September.

Yes, but beware. I've had multiple problems having multiple tickets in my name under the new electronic system.

First, I bought a one day ticket last summer that I did not use. It is hard to explain briefly, but more than once, when I went to the parks, instead of picking the ticket I wanted, the system kept picking that one day ticket. So more than once, I had to go to GS to have the system change to the correct ticket. It was actually luck that I did it the first time. Otherwise I may have lost that one day ticket for ever. The one day also kept popping up later when I tried to make FP+ picks.

That's why in my post I said to have them removed, not prioritized. They are no longer on MDE account.

Just adding personal experience from last week.

My AP expired April 7. We arrived April 26 at the Swan. Took the boat over to Studios. I had a UT non RFID ticket from a year or so ago, purchased specifically to price bridge to an AP renewal, which was now worth a bit more at the current Disney gate price, than my AP renewal would cost. I went to the guest service window, outside the park, to swap non RFID ticket for an RFID ticket.

The CM there, after bringing up my account, told that my AP had expired and asked if I wanted to upgrade to my renewal. I replied that I knew it had expired but wanted to only get the RFID replacement for my 'paper' ticket. She was confused as to why I wanted to do that. I explained I wanted to bridge, after using at least once for an admission. She seemed to somewhat understand, made the swap.

We proceeded to enter the park, enjoyed our time, and then on the way out, stopped at guest services in the park. I explained what I wanted to do, knew my bridge math (had it in my Evernote on my phone, the ticket was actually worth about $15 more than the AP at this point)) and let the CM tell me the result. It took her some several minutes of lots of typing in the system, but came back with exactly my numbers, to the penny. After her informing me of that, I also told her I would be purchasing my Tables in Wonderland, at which time she told me the overage would actually be applied to my TiW purchase. I was not expecting that, so a bit of additional icing on the cake.

As said in earlier posts by a number of folks here, know your math ahead of time, stick to what you want to do and what you know is correct.

Thanks for posting the good news!
I'm soooo confused! We are going to to stay at different resorts for a total of 24 days in August of 2014. We want to come back next year around the same dates because this is when it is slowest at my husband's job. If we get annual passes we would have to come back prior to their expiration date. Any suggestions on what tickets would be best?

I'm soooo confused! We are going to to stay at different resorts for a total of 24 days in August of 2014. We want to come back next year around the same dates because this is when it is slowest at my husband's job. If we get annual passes we would have to come back prior to their expiration date. Any suggestions on what tickets would be best?

I think if you are going to have 24 park days an annual pass would be best.

Thanks that's what I was thinking. We will probably have to renew our annual passes if we want to stay past the expiration date. I don't think there is any other way around it.

Thanks that's what I was thinking. We will probably have to renew our annual passes if we want to stay past the expiration date. I don't think there is any other way around it.

For this August it would be best to have an AP. Once you know for sure your dates for August 15th you can see what is best for that trip.

I'm soooo confused!

1. We are going to to stay at different resorts for a total of 24 days in August of 2014.

We want to come back next year around the same dates because this is when it is slowest at my husband's job.

2. If we get annual passes we would have to come back prior to their expiration date.

1. Best ticket for that one trip (with or without the 2015 trip) would be an AP.

2. Correct. Schedule your last day in the park in 2015 no later than the same date as your first AP day in the park in 2014.
Same AP covers both trips.

Although it seems pretty well established that there has been no substantive change in policy, I'll add my data point in support. On Saturday, 5/17, at Guest Services outside of MK, I was able to upgrade my family's tickets with bridging and was quoted the price I expected. In addition to that, when I presented my family's situation, the CM I was working with actually offered to "upgrade" DD's ticket from a 6-day hopper to an 8-day non-hopper and take the difference off of my total upgrade cost. (I was upgrading DS's 1-day and DH's 2-day passes to 8 days non-hopping, but I assumed that I would have to keep DD's hopper because to go to a non-hopper would have cost less than the value of the original ticket). Super bonus surprise pixie dust that I didn't ask for at all! :goodvibes

If you are staying for 24 days both this year and next, and need to come about the same time period, then likely getting AP's makes sense for both years.

You'd have to complete next year's visit basically by the start of this year's AP's. (technically, you are supposed to get 366 days of use, or at least in the past that was the case). If you got TiW, however, you might get two trips from one card. If I recall correctly, I think it is valid for 13months. Like if you buy it in August 2014, it is valid through the end of Sept 2015.

I agree that, you'll have to look at next year's offers before you'll know what's best for next year. If you renew your AP's, near the one year point, you'll get the renewal price.

Another potential next year - depending on your trip timing next year - would be a combo of this year's AP's and regular tickets. Let's say you arrive August 15 this year, and next year you stay through August 20. It might make sense to buy five day tickets over renewing the AP's.

Keep an eye out for bounceback offers while you are there this year! Sometimes those are the best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter