New Ticket Upgrade Policy?

Okay, some of today's ticket talk has got me to thinking, lol. I still have 3 older, non-expiring tickets, 2 adults and one child. Now, I'm not sure how many, if any, days are left on mine and DD's. But, I'm pretty sure there are a few days left on her dad's ticket. Any chance we can update his ticket to an RFID ticket, even if he's not on the trip with us?

Also, a couple of years ago we got the one day ticket that you had to buy to get the package or something. Just can't remember if we used them or not, is there any way I can check them at all from home?

Okay, some of today's ticket talk has got me to thinking, lol. I still have 3 older, non-expiring tickets, 2 adults and one child. Now,

I'm not sure how many, if any, days are left on mine and DD's.

But, I'm pretty sure there are a few days left on her dad's ticket.

1- Any chance we can update his ticket to an RFID ticket, even if he's not on the trip with us?

Also, a couple of years ago we got the one day ticket that you had to buy to get the package or something. Just can't remember if we used them or not,

2- is there any way I can check them at all from home?

1- Yes.

2- Try connecting the tickets (inputting their numbers) into your MyDisneyExperience account.
The number of days on the ticket will show in the MDE account.
(Although with all of the glitches, I'm not sure how much absolute trust I'd have.)

1- Can you ever detach a ticket from MDE?

2- I didn't think so - so I would say to approach adding them with caution.

1- Yes.

2- You can have tickets deactivated on MDE and put onto separate cards by Guest Relations.

1- Yes.

2- You can have tickets deactivated on MDE and put onto separate cards by Guest Relations.

Yep - I did this with a 2 day package ticket in January. The CM at GR looked at me like I was crazy when I insisted on the separate card, but he did it. You can later use the ticket number on the back of the card to link to any MDE account as it is no longer tied to a person or account.

1- Any chance we can update his ticket to an RFID ticket, even if he's not on the trip with us?

1- Yes.

Oh, that's great, thank you very much for responding! Pretty surprised he doesn't have to be with us to convert the ticket, though. Now more questions, lol. :goodvibes So, is there anything special to do, or just bring it to a guest relations or ticket counter and tell them I need to convert it to RFID card? It's back from when they had pics on them and they stamped the date on it when you used a day. Should I expect to pay the upgrade price from whatever it cost back then(maybe like '96, I'm thinking), to the cost on the current day? I'm not sure how many days are on it, thinking maybe 3 or so. Can it be upgraded to add more days or even an AP, and would they have to be non-expiring also? And from what I saw earlier, the new RFID ticket can be used by any of the three of us after that?

2- Try connecting the tickets (inputting their numbers) into your MyDisneyExperience account.
The number of days on the ticket will show in the MDE account.
(Although with all of the glitches, I'm not sure how much absolute trust I'd have.)

Thanks so much, I will try this! :thumbsup2

Oh, that's great, thank you very much for responding!
Pretty surprised he doesn't have to be with us to convert the ticket, though. Now more questions, lol. So,

1- is there anything special to do, or

2- just bring it to a guest relations or ticket counter and tell them I need to convert it to RFID card?

It's back from when they had pics on them and they stamped the date on it when you used a day.

3- Should I expect to pay the upgrade price from whatever it cost back then(maybe like '96, I'm thinking), to the cost on the current day?

I'm not sure how many days are on it, thinking maybe 3 or so.

4- Can it be upgraded to add more days

5- or even an AP, and

6- would they have to be non-expiring also?

7- And from what I saw earlier, the new RFID ticket can be used by any of the three of us after that?

1- Nope.
2- Yes.
3- No cost to convert to RFID.
4- Nope.
5- Nope.
Can only be used as the kind of ticket that it already is.
6- Does not apply, as tickets that old were already "non-expiring."
7- That's a gray area, but yes.

I am crazy confused trying to figured out the price bridging thing. I have questions on two scenarios.

I purchased two 7 day children tickets as christening presents for twins from UCT 2 years ago. Will I be able to bridge these tickets to 10 day non expiring and if so, how do I figure out how much it will cost?

I am planning to purchase a 7 day ticket as a gift from UCT. Will the person be able to bridge this ticket to a 10 day non expiring if she chooses.

TIA!

I purchased two 7 day children tickets as christening presents for twins from UCT 2 years ago. Will I be able to bridge these tickets to 10 day non expiring and if so, how do I figure out how much it will cost?

Current price of 7 day children's tickets - Current price of 10 day no expiration tickets = price to upgrade. As long as the ticket is used once, it locks in the current gate price. What you paid is irrelevant...all that's relevant is the current price of the ticket you have and the current price of the ticket you want. The difference is your upgrade cost.

I am planning to purchase a 7 day ticket as a gift from UCT. Will the person be able to bridge this ticket to a 10 day non expiring if she chooses.

Yes.

I am crazy confused trying to figured out the price bridging thing. I have questions on two scenarios.

TIA!

I just tried to upgrade two year old UCT tickets to DVC AP's and the first guest services manager told me that it was now Disney's policy to not upgrade "old" tickets. He would not price bridge for us - he would only credit me the price that I paid UCT two years ago.

I went to another location and easily upgraded with the price bridge.

You may have to spend some time finding the "right" guest services CM to price bridge your old tickets. Just plan on some extra time and trouble, but it was worth it to us in the end - we saved $240 with the price bridge.

TIA!
Tickets from UCT can be price-bridged after they are used at least once to enter one of the four WDW theme parks. Do your upgrade at a Guest Relations facility inside or outside the parks or at DTD, or at a theme park Ticket Booth at the front gate.

Question #1
7-Day Child's Base Ticket upgrade to 10-Day Child's Base NE Ticket
10-Day Child's Base Ticket $334, plus No Expire Option $340 = $674 (not including tax)
7-Day Child's Base Ticket $304
$674 - $304 = $370 x 1.065 tax = Total $394.05 upgrade cost including tax

Question #2
If this 7-Day Base Ticket upgrade to 10-Day Base NE Ticket is for an adult, it is the same cost as a child's ticket upgrade, but starts from different numbers.
10-Day Adult Base Ticket $354, plus No Expire Option $340 = $694 (not including tax)
7-Day Adult Base Ticket $324
$694 - $324 = $370 x 1.065 tax = Total $394.05 upgrade cost including tax

Wanted to add to what PP (above) wrote, that occasionally some CMs have their own idea of what the price-bridging rules are. If you encounter that, politely ask for your tickets back and find another CM to handle your transaction.

I just tried to upgrade two year old UCT tickets to DVC AP's and the first guest services manager told me that it was now Disney's policy to not upgrade "old" tickets. He would not price bridge for us - he would only credit me the price that I paid UCT two years ago.

I went to another location and easily upgraded with the price bridge.

You may have to spend some time finding the "right" guest services CM to price bridge your old tickets. Just plan on some extra time and trouble, but it was worth it to us in the end - we saved $240 with the price bridge.

In Feb. I had a cast member tell me because I activated the pass he had to subtract the value of a one day ticket from the value toward an upgrade. I said that's wrong and after about 45 min. It was done properly.

In Feb. I had a cast member tell me

1- because I activated the pass he had to subtract the value of a one day ticket from the value toward an upgrade.

2- I said that's wrong and

3- after about 45 min. It was done properly.

1- A common assumption by guests, and it looks like that CM had never had it explained to her/him either.

They DO deduct a "day" (or days) for the day(s) a guest has already used.
BUT, they don't deduct it from the MONEY side.
They deduct that day(s) from the number of days available for use on the new AP.

Normally an AP is good for 366 days.
Example: New AP activated on June 10, 2014 will be good at the gates
on June 10, 2014 all the way through the end of the day of June 10, 2015.

If that same AP was an UPGRADE (done on June 10, 2014) from a MYW ticket that was first used to enter a park on June 9, 2014, it would be backdated by one day and then expire on June 9, 2015 (shortened by that one day.)

If that same AP was an UPGRADE (done on June 10, 2014) from a MYW ticket that was first used to enter a park on June 2, 2014, it would be backdated by eight days and then expire on June 2, 2015 (shortened by those eight days.)

2- You were correct, of course, and I'm glad you stood your ground.

3- What happened in those 45 minutes?
Same CM?
New CM?
Manager?
Phone Calls?

I'm happy you got a good outcome.

I currently have 5 day PH ticket that I was going to use on my upcoming trip - it is on MDE account but it says that I can reassign it. Can I just have it taken off my MDE and just keep the credit card ticket to use at a later date or to give to anyone I want?

I am planning on upgrading a 10 day no-exp ticket (currently not RFID) to an annual pass once I get there. - [never mind this part - not cost effective]

What do I do with the tickets that are 1 day 1 park tickets that say they aren't transferrable? Can I have them taken off the MDE and give me a RFID card? Or how do I make sure that they aren't used on this trip if they are still on my MDE?

Tickets from UCT can be price-bridged after they are used at least once to enter one of the four WDW theme parks. Do your upgrade at a Guest Relations facility inside or outside the parks or at DTD, or at a theme park Ticket Booth at the front gate.

Question #1
7-Day Child's Base Ticket upgrade to 10-Day Child's Base NE Ticket
10-Day Child's Base Ticket $334, plus No Expire Option $340 = $674 (not including tax)
7-Day Child's Base Ticket $304
$674 - $304 = $370 x 1.065 tax = Total $394.05 upgrade cost including tax

Question #2
If this 7-Day Base Ticket upgrade to 10-Day Base NE Ticket is for an adult, it is the same cost as a child's ticket upgrade, but starts from different numbers.
10-Day Adult Base Ticket $354, plus No Expire Option $340 = $694 (not including tax)
7-Day Adult Base Ticket $324
$694 - $324 = $370 x 1.065 tax = Total $394.05 upgrade cost including tax

Wanted to add to what PP (above) wrote, that occasionally some CMs have their own idea of what the price-bridging rules are. If you encounter that, politely ask for your tickets back and find another CM to handle your transaction.

Yikes! When I see the actual amount, I realize that it is not economical at all for over the course of two trips for the grand kids. When the MYW tickets first came out, we paid about $350 for a 10 day non expiring hopper with plus options. We stocked up on a few (still have some) and now I wish I would have had the foresight to purchase even more. At that time I believe it was a flat $100 to add non expiring.

Yea, they have really put a premium on the no-expire, to the point that most of the time it doesn't make sense, especially on those longer tickets.

I bought 2 adult and 1 child 5 day PH tickets from UCT. We know are going for 8 days. If I want to upgrade I should go to WDW the first day & use my ticket and then anytime after that, but before the 5th day, I should upgrade to 8 day tickets. It should cost $90? If it is more I should ask for my tickets back and just try with a different CM? I want to make sure I have this all correct before I go!!

I bought 2 adult and 1 child 5 day PH tickets from UCT. We know are going for 8 days.

1. If I want to upgrade I should go to WDW the first day & use my ticket and then anytime after that, but before the 5th day, I should upgrade to 8 day tickets.

2. It should cost $90?

3. If it is more I should ask for my tickets back and just try with a different CM?

4. I want to make sure I have this all correct before I go!!

1. Yes. (You can even do the upgrade ON the 5th day of ticket use, but not AFTER that day.)
2. The actual cost per added day, per ticket is $10.65 (including tax.)
3. Yes. (Just ask nicely.)
4. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter