New Ticket Upgrade Policy?

1. Yes. (You can even do the upgrade ON the 5th day of ticket use, but not AFTER that day.)
2. The actual cost per added day, per ticket is $10.65 (including tax.)
3. Yes. (Just ask nicely.)
4. Have a great trip!

Thank You for the help! We have 169 days until we land at MCO....it seems like forever!! I hate to wish time away at my age, but I am so excited for this trip with my granddaughterprincess:!! It will be her first visit.pixiedust:

My recent experience with upgrading to premier passes...

Guest services in both MK and Epcot sent me to guest services outside of the park, so if you're planning to upgrade to a premier pass, maybe just start at the guest services outside of the park rather than waiting in two (or in my case, four) sets of lines.

The CM seemed to know what price bridging was and gave me the correct upgrade price. But then after starting the process, she told me that only travel agents could price bridge. In my on-and-off lurking on the boards, I had never heard that variation before so I was kind of surprised, but I just asked her to cancel the upgrade. She then came back and said she would do the bridging this time, but I had to sign something saying that I understood they would not do this for me again and this was an exception.

Is the travel agent thing a premier pass only restriction, or is this another case of CM confusion?

My recent experience with upgrading to premier passes...

Guest services in both MK and Epcot sent me to guest services outside of the park, so if you're planning to upgrade to a premier pass, maybe just start at the guest services outside of the park rather than waiting in two (or in my case, four) sets of lines.

The CM seemed to know what price bridging was and gave me the correct upgrade price. But then after starting the process, she told me that only travel agents could price bridge. In my on-and-off lurking on the boards, I had never heard that variation before so I was kind of surprised, but I just asked her to cancel the upgrade. She then came back and said she would do the bridging this time, but I had to sign something saying that I understood they would not do this for me again and this was an exception.

Is the travel agent thing a premier pass only restriction, or is this another case of CM confusion?

Where (from whom) and when did you buy your original tickets?

And, to reply to the info the CM gave you... that's a new line I've not seen before.
Some clever CM's can be very creative with their own "made up rules."

Ok wanted to update my experience from Sat night. Guest services in DTD, 4 orbitz/ebates 5 day phwp+more to regular AP. First try, no dice. She called a manger over and boom, bridged. KNOW YOUR MATH.

Ok wanted to update my experience from Sat night. Guest services in DTD, 4 orbitz/ebates 5 day phwp+more to regular AP. First try, no dice. She called a manger over and boom, bridged. KNOW YOUR MATH.

THAT'S what we like to hear!

Congrats!

Where (from whom) and when did you buy your original tickets?

I bought them at Undercover Tourist.

I was especially surprised because she seemed okay with the whole bridging thing, had the right price and everything, until we hit the travel agent snag.

In the end, it was still worth it since I'd luckily bought my tickets before the last price increase and ended up saving quite a bit of money. :cool1:

I bought them at Undercover Tourist.

I was especially surprised because she seemed okay with the whole bridging thing, had the right price and everything, until we hit the travel agent snag.

In the end, it was still worth it since I'd luckily bought my tickets before the last price increase and ended up saving quite a bit of money. :cool1:

Glad you reported back regarding the UT tickets.

There have been no reported problems with upgrading UT tickets... that have not been fully resolved to the good... since this thread has been in progress.

The "Bridging is only for TA's" CM statement is really an odd one!

Just wanted to share my upgrade story in case it helps anyone else out. I purchased 2 children and 2 adult tickets from orbitz back when ebates was offering 20% cashback on activities.

My husband, my daughter and myself already have annual passes. But my son had just turned 3 and needed a ticket.

I used 1 child ticket from my orbitz purchase 2 days at the park before upgrading his ticket to the current DVC PAP promo. I then asked if I could use the other 3 tickets to upgrade into PAP vouchers for future use.

The cast member bridged all of my tickets to the gate price and then I paid the difference for my son's PAP and 3 PAP vouchers.

And this was done at MK guest services window.

Just wanted to share my upgrade story in case it helps anyone else out. I purchased 2 children and 2 adult tickets from orbitz back when ebates was offering 20% cashback on activities.

My husband, my daughter and myself already have annual passes. But my son had just turned 3 and needed a ticket.

I used 1 child ticket from my orbitz purchase 2 days at the park before upgrading his ticket to the current DVC PAP promo. I then asked if I could use the other 3 tickets to upgrade into PAP vouchers for future use.

The cast member bridged all of my tickets to the gate price and then I paid the difference for my son's PAP and 3 PAP vouchers.

And this was done at MK guest services window.

That is great! So you were actually able to bridge your tickets without even using them first?

Yes. We only used my son's ticket. The other 3 tickets were not used.

Good for you! Glad you were able to do that. I would have loved to get PAP's too. But, it won't work out for us to go more than once in the next 12 months. Hopefully, the next time we will be able to take advantage of it.

Hi,

Sorry for sounding so dumb. My situation is that we are looking to book free dining offer for next year which as part of the package we have to purchase Ultimate Tickets but don't really want them as we are non expiry tickets leftover from previous trips. One set we not even used as we upgraded our Premium
Tickets. Could anyone advise what are options with UT can we give to our friend going later in the year? I'm not sure how bridging works ?

Hi,

Sorry for sounding so dumb. My situation is that we are looking to book free dining offer for next year which as part of the package we have to purchase Ultimate Tickets but don't really want them as we are non expiry tickets leftover from previous trips. One set we not even used as we upgraded our Premium
Tickets. Could anyone advise what are options with UT can we give to our friend going later in the year? I'm not sure how bridging works ?

When you say "UT" do you mean Undercover Tourist or do you mean the Uktimate Ticket that you are referring to (I don't know what ticket that is, BTW).

Your situation you described doesn't seem to be related to your friend's situation or I'm not understanding the connection.

You don't have to use your free dining tickets on your free dining trip, but you will have to buy a minimum ticket to get free dining (currently a 2 day base ticket).

And PS to everyone (I looked for this thread but couldn't find it the other day).

I successfully upgraded my UT tickets bought in 2012 to the DVC PAP a few weeks ago. I did have to educate the guest Relations person in MK. She was brand new and first offered me the unbridged price. But we got her supervisor to come over and worked to all out and her numbers matched mine to the penny. So no change in policy at all.

Can we have the Ultimate Tickets taken off the Room Key? As we don't really want them?

We have annual passes but we had to purchase two day tickets in order to take advantage of free dining. We had guest services remove our tickets from our Magicbands before we entered our first park, and put them on separate tickets to use at a later date. I would imagine your Ultimate Tickets would work the same way. :)

And PS to everyone (I looked for this thread but couldn't find it the other day).

I successfully upgraded my UT tickets bought in 2012 to the DVC PAP a few weeks ago. I did have to educate the guest Relations person in MK. She was brand new and first offered me the unbridged price. But we got her supervisor to come over and worked to all out and her numbers matched mine to the penny. So no change in policy at all.

Thanks for posting the good news!

We have annual passes but we had to purchase two day tickets in order to take advantage of free dining. We had guest services remove our tickets from our Magicbands before we entered our first park, and put them on separate tickets to use at a later date. I would imagine your Ultimate Tickets would work the same way. :)

Yes, but beware. I've had multiple problems having multiple tickets in my name under the new electronic system.

First, I bought a one day ticket last summer that I did not use. It is hard to explain briefly, but more than once, when I went to the parks, instead of picking the ticket I wanted, the system kept picking that one day ticket. So more than once, I had to go to GS to have the system change to the correct ticket. It was actually luck that I did it the first time. Otherwise I may have lost that one day ticket for ever. The one day also kept popping up later when I tried to make FP+ picks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter