New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean no longer sell a PH ticket? I can't imagine how that would benefit them. It will only serve to hurt them. It would completely counter what they "claim" they are trying to do, spread guests out.
Why do you think this is even something they would consider?

I don’t see them doing away with hopping completely, but I could see them limiting hopping in a way similar to blackout dates. If SWGE does overwhelmingly well, to the point of capacity closure issues on a regular basis, I could see them only allowing hopping to the other parks to try and reduce the crowds a bit. I don’t know if there is any wording related to limiting hopping capabilities when you buy the upgrade, but if there is, I could definitely see them saying no hopping to DHS on Saturday or on weekends or whenever they notice the biggest crunch.

I personally think SWGE will either be the most visited place on the planet or it will be crickets and cobwebs. A triumph or a dud. Once it opens at Disneyland we will have a better idea what WDW is in for and what, if any, additional crowd control measures they will need to take. There isn’t enough space to hold a crowd waiting to get in, so the only solution may be reducing the total number of people in the park. How they do that is what we don’t know yet, but hopping could possibly play into it at some point. I would not put anything past Disney at this point.

I know SWGE is going to be popular and all that. But I'm not in the opinion that it's going to alter park operations like nothing else in history. Pandora was a huge hit at AK. Filled to capacity and they managed it and the crowds without drastically altering everything. Yes, I know SWGE will be a bigger hit than Pandora, by a lot. But I'm still not sure why everyone thinks so many changes will come to every aspect of the parks and resorts just because of it. The way some here have portrayed things they are going to end up cutting out access to so many there won't be anyone who can get in.

It may be a different person than you were talking about.
My point was, folks around here seem to forget there are people out there that are going to DISNEY, namely DISNEY world. So they sit down and plan a trip to Disney. It's not like these families can plan to go elsewhere to get that experience.
And those people, they won't stop going or go elsewhere. They may alter their trip parameters to fit a budget but they will still go. And Disney knows this and this is why, there is seemingly no cap to their price changes
This is exactly me and my daughter. We are going to WDW until it gets to a point that I simply cannot make it happen. We have been several other places and take short trips other places throughout the year. But we do not fly. We drive everywhere we go. There is only one attraction we don't like at Disney (Tiki Birds). We have fun regardless of crowds, or attractions that are down, or the weather. I do pay for extras, DAH, EMM, desert parties, etc. to enhance our trip, but I could go without it. And like you say, we tailor our trip around what we can afford. Sometimes Deluxe, sometimes Value. Either way, we are going to Disney!

I know SWGE is going to be popular and all that. But I'm not in the opinion that it's going to alter park operations like nothing else in history. Pandora was a huge hit at AK. Filled to capacity and they managed it and the crowds without drastically altering everything. Yes, I know SWGE will be a bigger hit than Pandora, by a lot. But I'm still not sure why everyone thinks so many changes will come to every aspect of the parks and resorts just because of it. The way some here have portrayed things they are going to end up cutting out access to so many there won't be anyone who can get in.
I look at it a little differently. I cannot tell you a single person I know who is a ‘Avatar fan’ based on the movies. On the other hand I lose track of those who are ‘Star Wars fans’!!

Many will wait and come after the dust settles but many will also want to come right when it opens. Yes, they will spend a day or 2 at DHS but then they’ll go to other parks on the other days so everything will be more crowded.

I’m not saying all parks will close to capacity each day but I think it’s accurate to say we need to be prepared for a consistent period of larger crowds like we’ve never seen before. A little like Christmas and New Years crowds but for days if not weeks or even months in a row.

Update: found out the 6 month range on the fl resident tickets is GONE. Fl resident tickets expire like other ones now. So it's far worse than what I thought. In many ways that's even more restrictive to residents, who are used to the 6 month range and forces them to do all their days really close together. It was bad enough with losing no expiration, but now this too?
That really does stink. But it appears that Disney is more than happy to tick off all segments of their guest base. At least with a FL resident ticket you don't have quite as much invested in that non flexible ticket.

Update: found out the 6 month range on the fl resident tickets is GONE. Fl resident tickets expire like other ones now. So it's far worse than what I thought. In many ways that's even more restrictive to residents, who are used to the 6 month range and forces them to do all their days really close together. It was bad enough with losing no expiration, but now this too?

Where do you find that?

Below is a current frame-grab on the WDW ticket site.

Detail from the disclaimer-
"For multi-day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets. For Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased expire 6 months after first use."

FL Res.png

I was about to ask the same thing. The other thread had already addressed that the parameters for FL tickets are more or less unchanged.

I was about to ask the same thing. The other thread had already addressed that the parameters for FL tickets are more or less unchanged.

I'm carefully trying to update the Ticket Sticky.
Chasing down blind alleys of misinformation makes things so much harder.

There are many things to dislike about what Disney has been doing.
(Too many!)
But, can we at least TRY to stay as accurate as is possible?

Where do you find that?

Below is a current frame-grab on the WDW ticket site.

Detail from the disclaimer-
"For multi-day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets. For Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased expire 6 months after first use."

View attachment 359145

That's if you purchase the flexible option - which we didn't have to do before the change.

If you go through the process and select a day to start your ticket - this is what you get.

upload_2018-10-18_9-28-8.png

Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 3 days from Oct 31, 2018 through Nov 4, 2018. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates. Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information

After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

So basically like the regular tickets they are making us pay for something that was included.

(Too many!)

Not trying to pass along misinformation but this is a big change to the FL resident tickets.

BTW - thanks for all the hard work you do keeping things straight with all the ticket info. It is appreciated!

Last edited:
That's if you purchase the flexible option - which we didn't have to do before the change.

If you go through the process and select a day to start your ticket - this is what you get.

View attachment 359159

Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 3 days from Oct 31, 2018 through Nov 4, 2018. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates. Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information

After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

So basically like the regular tickets they are making us pay for something that was included.
Is the Flexible Date ticket not a different ticket entirely? That's what I thought
Not just a regular 3/4 day ticket priced for FL residents, where you can add the Flex option.

Is the Flexible Date ticket not a different ticket entirely? That's what I thought
Not just a regular 3/4 day ticket priced for FL residents, where you can add the Flex option.

It's not a different ticket. It is an option to add-on to the FL resident 3 & 4 day tickets. For the 3 day ticket I showed above it is an additional $30. So definitely a big change for FL resident tickets.

Here's a curious thing though - to add the flexible option to a ticket starting on 10/31/18 it is an additional $30 but to add it for a ticket starting on 12/30/18 the additional charge is only $10. That's interesting.

Have you called them yet? Did you get the code to link to MDE yet?
Your avatar photo is so beautiful.

I did. They told me there was a hold on the order and that I had to go through a two part verification system. They asked me to verify my billing address, the ticket I was buying and my email address. Then they sent me a link via email where I had to enter the amount of the authorization charge. I don't know why they didn't tell me there was a hold on the order.. I guess I was supposed to assume so since it was still processing? I emailed them a couple of times with the amount of the authorization charge but I guess it had to be done by phone? Anyway, I got the ticket like 5 minutes later and linked it with no issue.

And thank you :cutie: We were married at the Grand back in April

Here's a curious thing though - to add the flexible option to a ticket starting on 10/31/18 it is an additional $30 but to add it for a ticket starting on 12/30/18 the additional charge is only $10. That's interesting.
It's the same type of thing for non-FL tickets too. The Flex option isn't a fixed amount.

Did the overall price change drastically? Once you add on the Flex option? I know with regular tickets the overall price increase varies but some are not much (percentage wise). Way lower than expected really

I think it may be that more people like myself just can't take the theme parks in the extreme heat.
That is probably the driving force to it but the general change in society to non-traditional school schedules, and an increase in homeschooling, has given people the option to be more flexible to move away from the hotter days. And Disney's trick with regards to "free" dining has worked very well. Call something free (even when it's not) and they'll run for it, and ask questions later.

(Too many!)
We appreciate all the hard work you do for us :thanks:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter