New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny is the temps were in the 90s this week and people were jam packed in the parks. So many special events have made the fall a must do time for a lot of people.
Oh, lawd. I just can't handle the heat and the theme parks much any more. Now the heat and the water parks suit me just fine.

It's the same type of thing for non-FL tickets too. The Flex option isn't a fixed amount.

Did the overall price change drastically? Once you add on the Flex option? I know with regular tickets the overall price increase varies but some are not much (percentage wise). Way lower than expected really

I purchased a 3 day ticket for my daughter on 10/15/18 and it was $257 - this ticket I can use at any time and once it is started I have up to 6 months to use it. That same ticket for our dates in December if I add the flex option onto it would now cost me $299. So a difference of $42 - I would say a pretty drastic price change.

Something else I just noticed - and this may be the same for regular tickets. When you add the flex option onto any of the FL resident tickets it will bring the price to $299. So like with my ticket above to get the equivalent of what we had before with the FL resident ticket - at least for a 3 day ticket - the price has increased $42.

Edited to correct price of tickets to include tax.

Last edited:
I did. They told me there was a hold on the order and that I had to go through a two part verification system. They asked me to verify my billing address, the ticket I was buying and my email address. Then they sent me a link via email where I had to enter the amount of the authorization charge. I don't know why they didn't tell me there was a hold on the order.. I guess I was supposed to assume so since it was still processing? I emailed them a couple of times with the amount of the authorization charge but I guess it had to be done by phone? Anyway, I got the ticket like 5 minutes later and linked it with no issue.

UT has big fraud detection hoops to jump through. I've purchased a number of tickets through them and I still had to verify the small hold they put on my credit card. I don't blame them if they are sending off tickets by email that are worth hundreds of dollars. I'm sure they have been burned.

In any case, I'm glad that you were able to get everything linked and set up!

I purchased a 3 day ticket for my daughter on 10/15/18 and it was $241 - this ticket I can use at any time and once it is started I have up to 6 months to use it. That same ticket for our dates in December if I add the flex option onto it would now cost me $299. So a difference of $58 - I would say a pretty drastic price change.

Something else I just noticed - and this may be the same for regular tickets. When you add the flex option onto any of the FL resident tickets it will bring the price to $299. So like with my ticket above to get the equivalent of what we had before with the FL resident ticket - at least for a 3 day ticket - the price has increased $58.
So like AP in the past couple of years, bigger percentage jumps than traditional tickets. Clearly Disney sees that lots were using them and they didn't feel the profit on them was high enough. So they upped them a lot in hopes to both cut down on those sold and get more profit.

At least they are offering it still, even if it costs more to get it. Small consolation but not offering it all is way worse.

Where do you find that?

Below is a current frame-grab on the WDW ticket site.

Detail from the disclaimer-
"For multi-day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets. For Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Flexible Date Tickets, the first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019, and the tickets and any other options purchased expire 6 months after first use."

View attachment 359145
I simulated going through the process of buying but didn't get to the point where it mentioned flexible date tickets at the time. They don't make it obvious that they exist earlier on in the process, which I would think would deter a lot of people from buying them

So like AP in the past couple of years, bigger percentage jumps than traditional tickets. Clearly Disney sees that lots were using them and they didn't feel the profit on them was high enough. So they upped them a lot in hopes to both cut down on those sold and get more profit.

At least they are offering it still, even if it costs more to get it. Small consolation but not offering it all is way worse.

Yeah, definitely a bigger percentage in price increase.

I agree, at least they still offer them. I usually have a AP so doesn't affect me that much except for this year when I will need a ticket for my daughter and I do travel with others that do not have APs so makes a difference. Glad I pulled the trigger and purchased DD ticket on Monday night!

I simulated going through the process of buying but didn't get to the point where it mentioned flexible date tickets at the time. They don't make it obvious that they exist earlier on in the process, which I would think would deter a lot of people from buying them
But it's clearly written in the fine print, no? I mean, it's right there on the page Robo snipped

Here's a curious thing though - to add the flexible option to a ticket starting on 10/31/18 it is an additional $30 but to add it for a ticket starting on 12/30/18 the additional charge is only $10. That's interesting.

It's the same type of thing for non-FL tickets too. The Flex option isn't a fixed amount.

Did the overall price change drastically? Once you add on the Flex option? I know with regular tickets the overall price increase varies but some are not much (percentage wise). Way lower than expected really

It makes sense that Flex cost varies on dates, because the price you're adding onto varies on the dates.

Let's look at those dates (I'm viewing generic pricing, not FL-Resident). A 3-day for 10/31(-11/4) is a $314.88(+Tax) ticket. Adding Flex is $40.12 for $355.00(+Tax) total. A 3-day for 12/30 is $342.49(+Tax). Adding Flex is only $12.51 because, SURPRISE!, it takes you to the same $355.00(+Tax) total. Same thing with 10-day. Adding Flex to a 10/31 10-day brings it to $520+Tax. Adding Flex to a 12/30 10-day also comes to $520+Tax. It basically looks like there's one overall price for a Flex ticket, but instead of selling it to you that way, they show it as an "optional add-on." I'm guessing the same thing is happening on the FL-Res side.

But it's clearly written in the fine print, no? I mean, it's right there on the page Robo snipped
Who really reads that? If you start the process it doesn't even mention the tickets can be flexible, it's only after you select a (in this case simulated) first date of use then a few screens later it finally has flexible as an option

Is the Flexible Date ticket not a different ticket entirely? That's what I thought
Not just a regular 3/4 day ticket priced for FL residents, where you can add the Flex option.
It's the second thing you said

Who really reads that? If you start the process it doesn't even mention the tickets can be flexible, it's only after you select a (in this case simulated) first date of use then a few screens later it finally has flexible as an option
Well, not giving the info and the user not reading it are very different things. It's not their fault you don't read it.
But, who reads it? Anyone that wants to know what they are buying reads it. If they don't, it's on them.

I did a test, the 4 day Fl resident tickets (with a low priced day selected as the starting day) then with flexible added on it ended up being $9 more per day than before

It makes sense that Flex cost varies on dates, because the price you're adding onto varies on the dates.

Let's look at those dates (I'm viewing generic pricing, not FL-Resident). A 3-day for 10/31(-11/4) is a $314.88(+Tax) ticket. Adding Flex is $40.12 for $355.00(+Tax) total. A 3-day for 12/30 is $342.49(+Tax). Adding Flex is only $12.51 because, SURPRISE!, it takes you to the same $355.00(+Tax) total. Same thing with 10-day. Adding Flex to a 10/31 10-day brings it to $520+Tax. Adding Flex to a 12/30 10-day also comes to $520+Tax. It basically looks like there's one overall price for a Flex ticket, but instead of selling it to you that way, they show it as an "optional add-on." I'm guessing the same thing is happening on the FL-Res side.
Good observation.
Makes me wonder, will the resellers only be selling FLEX tickets? That way, they have a fixed amount for their systems

Found out answer to my question before, ignore this post

Last edited:
Found out answer to my question before, ignore this post
You don't have to start ANY tickets on the start date you select. Even those without the Flexible option. You just have to finish using them before their use period is up

I did a test, the 4 day Fl resident tickets (with a low priced day selected as the starting day) then with flexible added on it ended up being $9 more per day than before

What was the price of a FL resident 4 day ticket before the increase? Now that ticket is $324 - I'm just rounding to make it easier. For the 3 day I purchased the cost of the same ticket went up by $58 so that means it is $19 more per day. I think the 4 day is more like a $13 or $14 per day increase.

What was the price of a FL resident 4 day ticket before the increase? Now that ticket is $324 - I'm just rounding to make it easier. For the 3 day I purchased the cost of the same ticket went up by $58 so that means it is $19 more per day. I think the 4 day is more like a $13 or $14 per day increase.
I was just going to post that about the 3 day, I just figured that out too. With that one it now seems to be $82 per day as opposed to the $69 per day (I think it was anyway) it was until now (I know the old price was $209). For the 4 day I'm seeing $267 without tax which is $66.75 per day (regardless of dates on both the 3 and 4 day tickets, I tried with different dates and the flexible option changes accordingly), I know it was $57 per day a few weeks ago when I got ours ($229 without tax as I recall)

Last edited:
I was just going to post that about the 3 day, I just figured that out too. With that one it now seems to be $82 per day as opposed to the $69 per day (I think it was anyway) it was until now (I know the old price was $209). For the 4 day I'm seeing $267 without tax which is $66.75 per day (regardless of dates on both the 3 and 4 day tickets, I tried with different dates and the flexible option changes accordingly), I know it was $57 per day a few weeks ago when I got ours ($229 without tax as I recall)

First off - I need to correct myself - the $241.50 does not include tax. So my numbers are probably off. Need to go back and adjust.

I should clarify - we are not talking the same ticket. The $209 price you have is for 1 park per day while the prices I have been talking about are for the 3 day with park hopper. I just purchased a 3 day park hopper pass Monday and the cost with tax was $257.20 so including the tax this ticket was $85.73 per day. This same ticket today is $299.27 including tax which makes it $99.76 per day. The 4 day park hopper was $283.82 so $70.96 per day but that ticket now costs $324.30 which is $81.08 per day. So the 3 day park hopper ticket went up $42.07 or $14.03 per day and the 4 day park hopper went up $40.48 or $10.12 per day. So not as bad as I originally thought but still a good increase.

Last edited:
Good observation.
Makes me wonder, will the resellers only be selling FLEX tickets? That way, they have a fixed amount for their systems

It will depend on whether they buy hard tickets in bulk or can issue tickets on demand. If they issue on demand, they can sell any type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter