New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is my reply earlier in this thread. Beginning October 16th, most questions will be answered and information will be added to the Ticket Sticky. Everything right now is based on what little factual info TAs have shared and most questions have been hypothetical as is this one and the previous question.

Facts that are known are posted in Post#2 or are linked in Post#2. Beyond that, everyone will have to wait until October 16th.

I believe there is no way they are going to penalize guests who don't book packages but stay on site.

Thanks for the replies! I hope you are right, but I guess I'll just quit thinking about it and wait and see. Then we'll adjust and deal with whatever happens :-). To me this becomes a pretty big reason to stay onsite unless we have APs. Although, to be fair, we've only stayed offsite maybe 3-4 times since I was a child traveling with my parents, and now that we have kids we haven't really considered offsite except for giving the Four Seasons a passing thought.

9EE0BB52-E998-4AE2-8542-8E82F7029BA5.png Heads Up! I just went to renew my annual pass and received this message ‍♀️...... It also showed that annual passes increased by a total of $200 for my renewal!!! It was just $49 monthly then in Sept 2017 it went to $51.xx now it’s showing $62.xx!!! per month only available as a fl passholder.. It told me my pass was no longer available ‍♀️... Could this be true? I have some DVC passes I was gonna activate in December... Should I activate now?..... The only passes available were Fl Annual passes only.... I’m
not sure if that’s a glitch or not?

View attachment 355803 Heads Up! I just went to renew my annual pass and received this message ‍♀️...... It also showed that annual passes increased by a total of $200 for my renewal!!! It was just $49 monthly then in Sept 2017 it went to $51.xx now it’s showing $62.xx!!! per month only available as a fl passholder.. It told me my pass was no longer available ‍♀️... Could this be true? I have some DVC passes I was gonna activate in December... Should I activate now?..... The only passes available were Fl Annual passes only.... I’m
not sure if that’s a glitch or not?

I just went to pretend buy it and it was available for me to buy.

Maybe a glitch
Did you call ?

So we are going 12/27-12/31 and were planning to buy park hoppers prior to our trip and then upgrade to AP's while there (let our last AP lapse in 11/17 since have not been there so far this year). With that being what I understand as a "peak" time most likely, would we be better off to buy our 5 day park hoppers now before this new pricing structure goes into effect and upgrade to AP while there? Or buy the AP's now in case they also increase with this new structure? Tried to read through all pages so far and appreciate any help! TIA!

So we are going 12/27-12/31 and were planning to buy park hoppers prior to our trip and then upgrade to AP's while there (let our last AP lapse in 11/17 since have not been there so far this year). With that being what I understand as a "peak" time most likely, would we be better off to buy our 5 day park hoppers now before this new pricing structure goes into effect and upgrade to AP while there? Or buy the AP's now in case they also increase with this new structure? Tried to read through all pages so far and appreciate any help! TIA!

I'd buy the AP's now.
You know the cost and you know the current "AP rules."

But, I'm overly cautious.

I'd buy the AP's now.
You know the cost and you know the current "AP rules."

But, I'm overly cautious.

Following up the recommendation to purchase AP vouchers...what about if you have already purchased returnable tickets?

I purchased 10-day park hoppers from undercover tourist. They can be returned for a 5% fee ($100). I am trying to decide if I should take the $100 hit for fear that the AP increase will be more than that, or stay the course and upgrade our tickets when we go in December.
Edited to add: Hard tickets will expire 2/19

So what would you do?
Keep the tickets and risk a price increase to APs before December or return the tickets and go ahead and purchase the vouchers.

I know all advise at this point is pure speculation, but would appreciate opinions as a sounding board.

Last edited:
If I had the money, I would just keep the hoppers for another trip and also purchase an AP unleas the hoppers expire soon.

We ended up just purchasing APs from UT for our first use in January.

If I had the money, I would just keep the hoppers for another trip and also purchase an AP unleas the hoppers expire soon.

We ended up just purchasing APs from UT for our first use in January.

How did you purchase AP's from UT? I did not see that as an option on their site just now?

Thanks all for the advice.

How did you purchase AP's from UT? I did not see that as an option on their site just now?

Thanks all for the advice.

I am so so sorry. We purchased two APs from Disney and six 4 day passes (with two extra days free days so a total of six days) from UT. Sorry about that mistake.

I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered but I already booked our 7 night 6day park hopper pass for September 2019. Will I be subject to an upcharge if prices increase or just the opposite, can I get money back if my dates are cheaper than what I previously purchased? I was going to change my tickets to the ph&water park passes. I'm assuming I should do this ASAP?

I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered but I already booked our 7 night 6day park hopper pass for September 2019.
1. Will I be subject to an upcharge if prices increase or
2. just the opposite, can I get money back if my dates are cheaper than what I previously purchased?
3. I was going to change my tickets to the ph&water park passes. I'm assuming I should do this ASAP?

1. Unlikely. (Just don't make any changes in your package after the new prices are in effect.)
2. It's a pretty safe bet that prices won't be going down.
3. Yup.

This is a hard decision for me. I booked our September vacation for 7nights on property with a 6 day PH. I am only buying the tickets through Disney if they give a discount on packages and if not was going to last minute cancel the ticket portion of our trip and buy from UT since it's cheaper. Now I have 10 days to decide if I should go ahead and purchase from UT but risk a discount coming out next spring for our September trip and not getting it.

I already have a 10 day hopper in the system, and was planning on upgrading to an AP when I arrive in a few weeks. Is there anything I can or should do before the trip?

I already have a 10 day hopper in the system, and was planning on upgrading to an AP when I arrive in a few weeks. Is there anything I can or should do before the trip?

I'm in a similar situation. We have a free dining package booked for November. We are considering upgrading to AP while we are there. Now I'm really nervous. I can't mess with my free dining package, but now I'm at the mercy of Disney as to whether they will change AP structure between now and then....

I just went to pretend buy it and it was available for me to buy.

Maybe a glitch
Did you call ?

Not a glitch... you can buy till your heart is content you just can not renew as of right now clear as mud

If you are arriving after 10/16, please give yourself peace of mind by upgrading before.

This is a hard decision for me. I booked our September vacation for 7nights on property with a 6 day PH. I am only buying the tickets through Disney if they give a discount on packages and if not was going to last minute cancel the ticket portion of our trip and buy from UT since it's cheaper. Now I have 10 days to decide if I should go ahead and purchase from UT but risk a discount coming out next spring for our September trip and not getting it.

With all the nickel and dime increases, I mean at what point are they going to STOP discounts completely. They obviously no longer need them to entice travelers. ANd honestly even with a "discount" if they raise prices it might end up being the same as it is now. It's a crap shoot at this point.

We have a package with 4 day park hopper for dec but want to add a extra day was going to do it down there Will it cost more or should I call and add it now and will I lose my free dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter