New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I going crazy? Is this higher than normal?

ETA- wait. Maybe this includes tax?

Attachments

• FFBA82CC-EC59-446D-ADA3-09DACBFB154F.jpeg
    FFBA82CC-EC59-446D-ADA3-09DACBFB154F.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 104
From what I saw for a park hopper vs a regular ticket
10 days no hop = $445 (2018 price before new)
10 with hop = $520 (2018 price before new)
difference of $75

So with the new system it looks like a $5 increase
Not too much difference in price

I'm taking the chance and just waiting it out. I always switch my package/resorts around a few times from booking until arrival. We are booked for September 29-october 7 2019. Columbus day does not fall within the week but Rosh Hashanah is on the 30th. I am just praying that our tickets will be considered "value price" considering it's back to school and hurricane time.

I'm debating when to add a day to our tickets. We have a free dining bounceback package from December 15-22nd. We need to add 1 more day to our tickets. If I do it now, it will cost $85 for a family of 4 because our package was booked before the last ticket price increase. If the new ticket structure was not coming, I would wait and do it in person for $40. What do you all think? Should I add the day now for $85 or wait and hope it is somewhere between the $40 and $85? My fear of waiting is that they would charge us for the 12/22 day which will most likely be peak ticket pricing. Thanks!

Robo ... thanks for the info you provided. That must be what I am remembering from the past.
I do know if I upgrade now it will be $85 because I have called and asked and they said they go back and take the value of the tickets from when the package was booked which was before the last ticket increase.
My decision is now whether to pay the $85 now or take a chance that it will be less than $85 under the new ticket changes coming. Decisions, decisions ...

I'm curious as to whether the new ticket pricing will be based on "seasons" (like DVC pricing is), days of the week, like a Florida resident weekday AP is, or some combination. Or is this one of those "Wait until the 16th and see"? Has anything definite been said yet?

I'm curious as to whether the new ticket pricing will be based on "seasons" (like DVC pricing is), days of the week, like a Florida resident weekday AP is, or some combination. Or is this one of those "Wait until the 16th and see"? Has anything definite been said yet?

It is ALL, "Wait until the 16th and see."

I am looking at tickets on UT and Working Advantage. Need tickets for Easter week 2019. On UT it says, "E-Ticket must be activated by December 31, 2019. After December 31, 2019, you must exchange this ticket at Guest Services for admission (additional gate price may apply). Please note: Physical tickets expire February 28, 2019."

What does "Please note: Physical tickets expire February 28, 2019." mean? Right before that it says "E-Ticket must be activated by December 31, 2019."

it’s s wait Nd see but for what it’s worth, the video showed different prices all over the place (5 or more price differences) in less than 3 werjs in their calendar. This would have been done purposely in the video. I don’t know if that’s what we’ll see in Oct 26thbut I’m fully prepared to now.

now IM more confused then ever about what tickets to buy and now when--

I was planning on getting the DVC price annual gold pass and use for 2 trips I would have to bump our late JAn trip up a week then it lands right after MLK weekend I know the weekend will be busy but I was planning on getting there more like wed or thurs of that week and then the pass will expire right after we leave these would cost 1200 for the 2 of us

or get the 8 day hopper --before 10 16 which I know would only be 1 trip but that would be 1065 as of now who knows what it will be after the 16th

any thoughts on what to do would be greatly appreciated--

if I knew for sure the week after MLK weekend would be reasonable crowds I wouldn't have a problem just getting the DVC pass--

or do I just plan one trip at a time and get the 8 day PH and save a few hundred when Im not for sure going to bump the trip up for 2020

thanks all

now IM more confused then ever about what tickets to buy and now when--

I was planning on getting the DVC price annual gold pass and use for 2 trips I would have to bump our late JAn trip up a week then it lands right after MLK weekend I know the weekend will be busy but I was planning on getting there more like wed or thurs of that week and then the pass will expire right after we leave these would cost 1200 for the 2 of us

or get the 8 day hopper --before 10 16 which I know would only be 1 trip but that would be 1065 as of now who knows what it will be after the 16th

any thoughts on what to do would be greatly appreciated--

if I knew for sure the week after MLK weekend would be reasonable crowds I wouldn't have a problem just getting the DVC pass--

or do I just plan one trip at a time and get the 8 day PH and save a few hundred when Im not for sure going to bump the trip up for 2020

thanks all
We have been discussing a similar dilemma. Planning a trip September 2019 for 10 days, just hitting our 11 month window. Had to decide between the DVC ap’s or one trip hopper tickets. We ended up deciding on the AP’s which will force us to take another trip in 2020 before they expire. But staying on points and having the AP’s will make the second trip less costly. We are purchasing the AP’s before the 16th as even though it seems the price isn’t changing yet, I’m sure an increase is coming very soon.

add me to the group that bought tickets out of precaution. i had hoped to hold off until January before the annual price jumps in February but for our August trip I didn't want to gamble. Picked up electronic 4 day hoppers from UT. Now waiting to see if I made a good choice when the changes are released next week.....

If you ask about expiry dates, please report back. Thanks!
BTW, do you know if expiry dates only viewable on the app? I don't see them anywhere else.

Sorry for the late response, I just called tonight. I was told as long as the tickets remained unused they would expire Dec 2019. He said the expiration date should change after check in if they aren’t used. Fingers crossed he was right!

From the video:

1) There is a +20% premium on specific days in November ($81 vs $97, for a 4-day ticket). I wonder what Christmas week will be... +50%?

2) There are still multi-day discounts. 2 days is from $100/day, 5 days is from $69/day.

3) Per the video, the lowest prices are available (only?) in February and March.

Interestingly, the case they showed (4-day ticket in November):

- 4-day ticket says "from $79/day". But for November, the lowest possible price is $81 a day. But most 4 days stretches you will actually be paying an average per day above $90.

- Current 4-day tickets are "from $79/day". So for November, it appears to be a ~14% increase. The specific 4 day span in the video is an increase of 8%.

Overall, it seems a good deal more expensive. But it's complicated enough to make apples to apples comparisons difficult.

I also wonder if this will be dynamic... if people keep picking the cheapest option, will that option get more expensive? It would not be hard (at all) to program that in...

Under the current pricing on the website a 4-day ticket says "from $95.00 per day" so the 4-day pricing in November at the $85 per day in the video example is actually a discount from current pricing.

Under the current pricing on the website a 4-day ticket says "from $95.00 per day" so the 4-day pricing in November at the $85 per day in the video example is actually a discount from current pricing.
The prices in the video are not actual prices, just a representation. I would not put any weight in the prices that are displayed in the video. There is even a disclaimer in the video that clearly says, 'Prices shown do not reflect actual pricing,'

Do not go by the prices in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!