New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a package with 4 day park hopper for dec but want to add a extra day was going to do it down there Will it cost more or should I call and add it now and will I lose my free dining

Do it now. You can adjust the number of park days on your package ticket without risking losing any resort discount/dining associated with the package.

We have a package with 4 day park hopper for dec but want to add a extra day was going to do it down there Will it cost more or should I call and add it now and will I lose my free dining

Definitely call to add it now. You will not lose the free dining, and if you wait, you would not be able to book fastpass for that day until you arrived and added it.

You can now do this yourself on MDE. I changed the number if days on our tickets myself earlier this week. Just ensure that you do not remove the park hopper option and your free dining will be just fine.

I'm debating when to add a day to our tickets. We have a free dining bounceback package from December 15-22nd. We need to add 1 more day to our tickets. If I do it now, it will cost $85 for a family of 4 because our package was booked before the last ticket price increase. If the new ticket structure was not coming, I would wait and do it in person for $40. What do you all think? Should I add the day now for $85 or wait and hope it is somewhere between the $40 and $85? My fear of waiting is that they would charge us for the 12/22 day which will most likely be peak ticket pricing. Thanks!

I'm debating when to add a day to our tickets. We have a free dining bounceback package from December 15-22nd. We need to add 1 more day to our tickets. If I do it now, it will cost $85 for a family of 4 because our package was booked before the last ticket price increase. If the new ticket structure was not coming, I would wait and do it in person for $40. What do you all think? Should I add the day now for $85 or wait and hope it is somewhere between the $40 and $85? My fear of waiting is that they would charge us for the 12/22 day which will most likely be peak ticket pricing. Thanks!

I would say anytime you can buy peace of mind from Disney for $85 to do it...

I’m not quite understanding why it would only be $40 to upgrade but it would cost $85 tobdo so now. Once you get to the parks wouldn’t the current pricing be in effect and it cost $85 anyways?

Considering you’re going in December when we anticipate ticket prices to be high I would add the extra day now if you know you’re going to want to add it for sure.

I guess I am confused why it would cost $85 now, but cheaper later?

I guess I am confused why it would cost $85 now, but cheaper later?
Packaged tickets are based on Disney prices at the time of booking. If upgrading now, ‘tn’ has to pay the Disney price that includes the most recent higher ticket pricing.

I don’t think she would pay a lesser amount by waiting.

Packaged tickets are based on Disney prices at the time of booking. If upgrading now, ‘tn’ has to pay the Disney price that includes the most recent higher ticket pricing.

I don’t think she would pay a lesser amount by waiting.
Yes. OP feels she would pat less if she upgraded at the park but I don’t believe this is correct.

I thought if I waited and used the tickets 1 day and then upgraded to add 1 day, it would convert our tickets to this years pricing structure and we would just pay $10 per person. I think we've done that in the past but maybe things are different now.

I thought if I waited and used the tickets 1 day and then upgraded to add 1 day, it would convert our tickets to this years pricing structure and we would just pay $10 per person. I think we've done that in the past but maybe things are different now.
But with a package from Disney, they don’t bridge - you pay the difference from what you initially paid to the now, current price.

Using a ticket whether it’s from Disney or a discounter isn’t necessary. In your case, Disney controls what you’ll pay.

I didn't realize there was no price bridging anymore. I remember doing tickets changes in the past and having the bridge theory work in our favor ... but this was pre FP+ and all the many other changes Disney has made over the years. Thanks to all of you for helping me understand. I will go ahead and upgrade for the $85 price now because I think the price will definitely be more when the 10/16 ticket changes come into play.

The new ticket system will be available in 10 days :rolleyes1
I bet the system will crash :badpc: with so many people, searching, buying,
or just poking around. I hope WDW computer programmers are willing to work overtime and add more threads or magic pixiedust:

But with a package from Disney, they don’t bridge - you pay the difference from what you initially paid to the now, current price.
Sorry, but that's not exactly correct.
They DO price-bridge tickets purchased as part of a resort package.
But (and here's the part that's difficult to explain,) most times that bridging is "invisible" to guests.

The fact is, the actual COST of a park ticket that is part of a resort package is UNKNOWN to (never seen by) guests.
The actual price is only known internally to those CMs in the resort booking offices.
The actual price paid by guests for the tickets in a resort package is LESS than the Disney ticket price list.

So, since there's no way to know what the actual ticket price paid by the guest was, Disney allows price-bridging of the tickets
so that the guest gets the full "Disney price list" value for the tickets when they are upgraded.

so that the guest gets the full "Disney price list" value for the tickets when they are upgraded.
Thanks, again!

So ‘tn’ will receive the current ticket value if she upgrades her package tickets today and if she chooses to wait, she will receive the ‘after Oct 16th’ value but with a possible higher ticket upgrade pricing?

Thanks, again!

So ‘tn’ will receive the current ticket value if she upgrades her package tickets today and if she chooses to wait, she will receive the ‘after Oct 16th’ value but with a possible higher ticket upgrade pricing?

The way it has worked for the past couple of years is that the listed "Disney value" when the package was booked is the price that is allowed in the upgrade.

Sorry, but that's not exactly correct.
They DO price-bridge tickets purchased as part of a resort package.
But (and here's the part that's difficult to explain,) most times that bridging is "invisible" to guests.

The fact is, the actual COST of a park ticket that is part of a resort package is UNKNOWN to (never seen by) guests.
The actual price is only known internally to those CMs in the resort booking offices.
The actual price paid by guests for the tickets in a resort package is LESS than the Disney ticket price list.

So, since there's no way to know what the actual ticket price paid by the guest was, Disney allows price-bridging of the tickets
Can't you just say it's the cost of the package - room only?

When you book it shows the cost of the room and then the cost with each type of ticket? Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter