New poly tower, restrictions or no?

I was reading through the VGF threads just before March 2022 and it’s funny how some people were absolutely determined Disney would find a way to make it restricted even though they said it was going to be part of the same association.

They were also determined it would be priced at $250pp or higher….

I’m guessing people will read these threads back in a similar way in 2027 and chuckle…

I am not talking guides. I am talking the message from DVD and the way the POS was written. It uses the word future.

DVD was free to do what they want but no matter what they have decided to flip flop the decisons.

I think with BPK, you could semi excuse it because of what it is…

This was different and they let people believe it was potentially going to be restricted as that is the message shared

I just don’t agree that it’s been a consistent message. It has not been.

But, as I told the guides today at RIV…who would not confirm the decision is final…thst is just means I am not buying it. Lol
I don't disagree with you, I am just pointing out that the message that they shared with the buyers in the 90's and 2000's, they let people think it would always be a free and open system. Both the "blue card/white card" and restrictions are major changes to what a number of us believed back then. I personally don't know if DVD quite knows the right mix in the post-COVID environment.

I think in a way they created their own problem with the rapid increase in buy-in pricing that really opened up the delta between direct and resale. Back in the day (say before like 2015), I don't have hard numbers, but it just didn't seem like there was as drastic a difference. Heck, we have 5 contracts and all are direct, mainly because it wasn't much more just to buy from DVD back then...

I don't disagree with you, I am just pointing out that the message that they shared with the buyers in the 90's and 2000's, they let people think it would always be a free and open system. Both the "blue card/white card" and restrictions are major changes to what a number of us believed back then. I personally don't know if DVD quite knows the right mix in the post-COVID environment.

I think in a way they created their own problem with the rapid increase in buy-in pricing that really opened up the delta between direct and resale. Back in the day (say before like 2015), I don't have hard numbers, but it just didn't seem like there was as drastic a difference. Heck, we have 5 contracts and all are direct, mainly because it wasn't much more just to buy from DVD back then...

And I really don’t care about restrictions and know my points are good no matter what.

Just weird that DVD has to be so wish washy…then again I won’t be 100-% convinced they won’t throw a curveball until it’s been done and dusted officially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter