New MK Paid Disney After Hours Event Announced

I just read thru all 44 pages (insomnia) and I'm surprised nobody seems fazed that the $150 ticket is for all ages, there's no child price. If the only draw to attend is the rides, no parades, shows, etc, then why would I pay the same price for a child who may not be able to ride 4-6 of the available attractions? (Not that I'd pay it for someone who could ride all of them).

Somewhat related, has anyone seen the new WDW commercial for 30% off summer rates? I only caught part of it, but I found it strange that they made a point of talking about free transportation to the parks for guests who stay onsite. I don't recall that ever being the big pitch in previous commercials. Pointing more towards that $15 resort fee?

As someone who remembers what E-Ride Nights were like... Once the reports start coming in, I'm sure there will be some that change their minds. What E-Ride Nights were like:

During the last hour, we'd get on Buzz Lighyear and ride as many times as we wanted WITHOUT GETTING OFF THE RIDE. We'd just wave at the unload CM's and they'd wave back, and you'd ride around to load, and through the ride again. We rode until our trigger fingers hurt.

We rode Splash Mountain when we were the only people in the log.

At $10 a night, it was a dream come true. At $150, some people will still think it is. *slumps head against keyboard*

We've had this same thing happen during regular EMH, especially during the last hour. It is really great, we just wouldn't pay $1,200 for it, especially since we've experienced it for free so many times. If it were a per-trip add on and around the same price point as park hopper, we'd consider it. Of course, we wouldn't expect the free snacks at the lower price point.

I just read thru all 44 pages (insomnia) and I'm surprised nobody seems fazed that the $150 ticket is for all ages, there's no child price. If the only draw to attend is the rides, no parades, shows, etc, then why would I pay the same price for a child who may not be able to ride 4-6 of the available attractions? (Not that I'd pay it for someone who could ride all of them).

Somewhat related, has anyone seen the new WDW commercial for 30% off summer rates? I only caught part of it, but I found it strange that they made a point of talking about free transportation to the parks for guests who stay onsite. I don't recall that ever being the big pitch in previous commercials. Pointing more towards that $15 resort fee?

Why?
Because Disney wants you to Celebrate the Magic, not be a rational thinker, friend.

A lot of people seem to think that the rationale for this is very low crowds with the rides being walk on. I think some people may be very disappointed when that doesn't turn out to be the case. The DVC parties, if any indication, were not like that, with a fair amount of crowds and 7DMT being 45 minutes. Not as crowded as the height of the day, but not dead either.

Since the only draw is the rides, the ride lines better be manageable or this will be a flop.

If the max is 100,000 and parties are 30,000, I'd say this has to be at 10,000 max since all people will be doing is looking for rides.

I know the boards like to speculate about the future, but for now the free EMH for resort guests has not been eliminated. It has been apparently reduced to one night a week and that will be on a low traffic weeknight. Morning EMH would likely be the same with an early event in the mix.

There is also a lot of assumptions that the event will have attendance similar to the MK parties, or the DVC event (which was free). Just going by the price, it probably won't.

Only way I'd consider this event at night is if I was a day tripper to MK. It's not a whole lot more than a one-day ticket. I have an annual pass, so it's not on my radar.

I know the boards like to speculate about the future, but for now the free EMH for resort guests has not been eliminated. It has been apparently reduced to one night a week and that will be on a low traffic weeknight. Morning EMH would likely be the same with an early event in the mix.

There is also a lot of assumptions that the event will have attendance similar to the MK parties, or the DVC event (which was free). Just going by the price, it probably won't.

Only way I'd consider this event at night is if I was a day tripper to MK. It's not a whole lot more than a one-day ticket. I have an annual pass, so it's not on my radar.

You're speculating too...ANYTHING is possible.

I'm wondering if this might be aimed at the convention folks that usually aren't in possession of any kind of multi-day pass.

For someone that is on a multi-day/annual pass, it seems very cost prohibitive. However, if I'm in the Orlando area, not in possession of a MYW and would like to go to MK at night, the $150 admission vs. the normal $100 (or so) might not be so bad if I'm not planning on getting to the park until later anyway. It looks like this pass gets you in the park at 7:00 thru 1:00/2:00, which is quite a bit of time.

I also wonder if those coming in with this pass can set up FP+'s for the 7:00 to 10:00/11:00 period where the park is still open to everyone, and if so, can they do it in advance.

I still haven't gotten over the fact that an annual pass for a 3 year old is the same price as one for a 30 year old. :(

For informational purposes...this is what is being distributed to travel agents this morning. Answers the questions about which rides will be opened. Still no mention of any rare characters. The phrasing on capacity is still vague but slightly more illuminating (maybe?)...

Attractions – Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Ranger Spin, Country Bear Jamboree, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Haunted Mansion, It’s A Small World, Mad Tea Party, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan’s Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carousel, PFTH - Select Princesses, PFTH – Frozen, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Stitch’s Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, Splash Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Town Square Mickey, Journey of the Little Mermaid & Enchanted Tiki Room

# of Tickets - Capacity to this event is VERY limited (considerably less than our traditional hard ticket events. Guests will experience minimal to no wait times to the 27 identified attractions! Guests will receive credentials.

A-A-And fewer people, which I rather think in this instance is the Dumbo in the room

The jury is still out on whether it will be enough "fewer people" to justify the price. If all the rides aren't open and fully staffed, even with fewer people the waits still might be more than the price justifies. Ride waits stay low during hard ticket parties because there are other party specific things people focus on instead of rides. Main Street stays bottled up but rides have short lines. In this case, the point is the rides. And from the sound of things, lines weren't all that short during the DVC test party they had recently.

I think there's a reason Disney's announcement did not include a specific number of tickets that will be sold. Even they know they can't pick a number and stick with it.

Most posters here don't trust Disney anymore and are willing to anticipate the worst possible outcome.

But we won't know until the parties actually start.

After that debacle that was the Villains Unleashed party, who can blame them?

The attendance wouldn't have to be even close to party attendance to ruin the event. People will ONLY have rides to do. Parties have tons of other things to do. Also, do we know yet if this would have the entire park open? Early Entry at Disneyland is almost worthless. There are less people, but with only certain rides in FL and TL open, the few people that are there are bottled up on a limited number of options.

I can see people considering this over a single day ticket. But when the latest price increases were announced and single day tickets were tiered, I was told on many threads that nobody buys single day tickets. :p

And from the sound of things, lines weren't all that short during the DVC test party they had recently.

Obviously the big question is the comparable number of attendees but only the Tomorrowland and Fantasyland attractions plus the Haunted Mansion were open for the DVC event.

As someone who remembers what E-Ride Nights were like... Once the reports start coming in, I'm sure there will be some that change their minds. What E-Ride Nights were like:

During the last hour, we'd get on Buzz Lighyear and ride as many times as we wanted WITHOUT GETTING OFF THE RIDE. We'd just wave at the unload CM's and they'd wave back, and you'd ride around to load, and through the ride again. We rode until our trigger fingers hurt.

We rode Splash Mountain when we were the only people in the log.

Those were the good old days! As a young teen, getting to run around the park late at night with instant access to the open rides was awesome!

For informational purposes...this is what is being distributed to travel agents this morning. Answers the questions about which rides will be opened. Still no mention of any rare characters. The phrasing on capacity is still vague but slightly more illuminating (maybe?)...

Attractions – Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Ranger Spin, Country Bear Jamboree, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Haunted Mansion, It’s A Small World, Mad Tea Party, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan’s Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carousel, PFTH - Select Princesses, PFTH – Frozen, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Stitch’s Great Escape, Swiss Family Treehouse, Splash Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Town Square Mickey, Journey of the Little Mermaid & Enchanted Tiki Room

# of Tickets - Capacity to this event is VERY limited (considerably less than our traditional hard ticket events. Guests will experience minimal to no wait times to the 27 identified attractions! Guests will receive credentials.

It's good that somebody somewhere is able to find a few more specifics. I'm at least glad to see them claim it will be "VERY limited", but I don't know how official or binding this source is?

Kind of funny, though, looking at the list it just reminds me how many "kiddie" rides there are. We ride everything on our trips, even as the kids are aging up, but I'm thinking the lack of any parades or special fireworks to eat up crowds, the late hours that will weed out most younger kids, the price tag that will keep most participants in the park for every minute vs trickling out as on regular EMH. . . All add up to lines that are still not going to be walk-on for the handful of e-ticket rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter