New MK Paid Disney After Hours Event Announced

Lehuaann

DIS Veteran
EDIT - it's now official...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

Details:
More Magic in Less Time
Treat yourself to a classic Magic Kingdom experience—complete with select attractions, ice cream novelties and more.
By purchasing a ticket to Disney After Hours, you can make the most of a truly magical occasion when Magic Kingdom park lets you in for the last few hours of the day… and then stays open for 3 extra hours at night, just for Guests of the event!
This is your chance to fit in even more theme park fun, all while enjoying many of the most popular attractions and Character Greetings around—such as:
Ice Cream Novelties & Select Beverages Included!
In the midst of the laughs and thrills, be sure to chill out with ice cream novelties and select bottled beverages—included with the cost of admission—available at carts stationed through the park. In addition, you can also purchase select menu items at Casey’s Corner and STARBUCKS® Coffee and specialty beverages from Main Street Bakery.
And remember: admission is limited to only a select number of Guests. Be sure to purchase your tickets today!
Show Less
disney-after-hours-02.jpg

Call Today to Purchase Your Tickets
Contact the Disney Reservation Center by phone to buy your tickets to this one-of-a-kind special event! Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $149 per Guest (tax not included), and takes place on the following dates:
  • April 28 and May 5, 2016 from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016 from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM
To purchase a ticket for one or more of the dates listed above, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 827-7185 for assistance. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Show Less
disney-after-hours-03.jpg

Important Details for Disney After Hours
Learn all you need to know about Disney After Hours—including when you can check-in and enter the park.
  • Official check-in for the event will take place at the Main Entrance to the theme park beginning at 7:00 PM.
  • Please note that Magic Kingdom park will officially close to Guests who haven’t purchased Disney After Hours tickets at 10:00 PM on April 28 and May 5, 2016; and at 11:00 PM on April 14 and 21, and May 8, 12 and 19, 2016.
  • Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests—including those staying at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel—may use Walt Disney World Transportation after the event for up to 2 hours.
  • Please note that the number of tickets available is limited. In addition, all tickets are non-refundable, non-transferrable and are only valid for admission during the special event date and hours.
  • All attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Just reading about it too. Thankfully we have trips planned in both April and May. I believe DH and I will be planning on the March 8th
I'll be there on 4/14 but we have the 5K that next morning, with a 3 AM wakeup. No late night for me then

Is this the beginning of doing away with EMH ?

i've been having a hard time convincing my sister to start staying offsite if they start adding $15 resort fees per night.
one of her main arguments was that we get a lot done during EMH.
if this is the beginning of the end of EMH it may be more easy to convince her.
her only other argument was the relaxing transportation.

Some of you that have been going to WDW for years...wasn't there a paid after hours event before EMH?

back in the day we routinely stayed in MK long after official closing time and often we were one of the last cars in the parking lot so i really don't think there was.
of course i could be wrong.

It looks like it is for a extra 3 hours. For $50 a hour they better have someone follow me around and massage my aching feet, maybe have free desert party after they have appetizers of Ribeye, King crab and Lobster with white truffle. Then maybe I might think about it but at $150 for 3 hours, that is well, not something we would do and I am not really a very frugal person. Each to their own though on how Disney parts you from your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter