New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

I'll probably stick with my solid yellow band, like I have for the past few years. But, I'm glad to see people happy about this.

I'm looking forward to checking this out. I was planning to decline my magicband and purchase the colour I really wanted--if I can get it for a discount, that's even better!

so I read on DB on FB that this new program for the upgrade would only apply to new reservations made after they put the program into action??? if this is true does Disney have any clue how many people will cancel a reservation in order to rebook it in order to take advantage of this? :/

so I read on DB on FB that this new program for the upgrade would only apply to new reservations made after they put the program into action??? if this is true does Disney have any clue how many people will cancel a reservation in order to rebook it in order to take advantage of this? :/

I would be very surprised if that is the case. People would be complaining all over the place.

I hope we can upgrade before our July trip! I already bought my Girlfriend the new Mary Poppins one for Valentines Day and she wears it sometimes now and our trip is in July. She loves it.

In my opinion, very few if any.

I agree - if you cancel there's no guarantee you'll get the room back you booked even if its within seconds of each other. plus if you have discounts applied or paid off the trip already, that's another bump in the road. We have 2 trips and I personally wouldn't cancel either of them for a MB. If they want my money, they'll open it for current reservations. If they don't, I'll just as much happily save the money.

Well boo, today is the 15th and I just checked, no new options for magic bands. Just the same old solid colors.

Did Disney actually say it was the 15th, in print somewhere, or was it just something someone heard from a CM (phone)?

Hoping that those of us with reservations already can upgrade. I just checked, no options yet. Can't cancel and rebook due to it being a Free Dining package. I'm sure that they just need to update the site.

DH, who would never normally care, has requested an Iron Man MB, I'm hoping that is one of the options.

Chatted with a CM today and they said there was no official announced date for it yet. Which probably means it will be up randomly in a few hours cause that's how that usually goes.

Chatted with a CM today and they said there was no official announced date for it yet. Which probably means it will be up randomly in a few hours cause that's how that usually goes.
Did the CM mention that if we already have a reservation that we would be able to upgrade. Because someone in another thread said they were told she is a TA that it is only for new reservations.

Sharing this from another thread:

Just got this response from @wdwtoday on Twitter:

"Hey there, Jeff! This option for MagicBands will be coming in the next few weeks - be sure to keep an eye out on the App real soon!"

But wait... :rotfl:

@Wdwtoday also replied with this to another person on Twitter:

“Lauren, we appreciate your patience. We would recommend checking back early this afternoon for the new options with MagicBands to appear on your My Disney Experience account”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter