New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

Ohhh, I'm so happy about this! I just checked and I am unable to do it yet, but I'm going to keep checking!

the article I read said 'coming soon' I just checked for our November trip and as of now it only shows the solid color ones. am very excited about the upgrade option though!

Exciting! I'm going in August and have already ordered sticker things to personalize our bands, but I'll check this out as well, see which we like better :)

I tried for an upcoming June trip, but no options were displayed. Hopefully soon , that’s an exciting new option!

I can't wait to see what the upgrade options are. I'm definitely more likely to upgrade than to just buy another MB.

It's a great option but be aware of the caveats before ordering:

Upgraded MagicBands will be sold by Magic Kingdom, Inc. Your credit card will be charged when you place your order. Once personalized, upgraded MagicBands cannot be canceled, returned, refunded or exchanged, even if the hotel reservation is canceled. Personalization not available on certain limited edition MagicBands due to space restrictions. Cancellation of Disney Resort hotel reservations will result in MagicBand orders being canceled; if upgraded MagicBands are ordered and have been personalized at the time the reservation is canceled, the MagicBand order will not be cancelable or refundable and the regular, non-discounted retail price of the upgraded personalized MagicBands will be charged. Pricing of upgraded MagicBands may vary. Selection subject to availability

This is awesome for our trip in October. We were already looking at ordering special bands for the kids or doing stickers but it was still up in the air. So many great announcements from Disney in the last week.

Was super excited when I heard about this. I just checked for my August trip and it’s still just showing the solid colors. Hopefully it will go live before my trip!

It's way past time for this. As a rule I am been buying bands to reflect the people in the party. I saw a Moana one and I am very happy. When shopping online the least expensive Moana one was $60 and I have a Moana freak to take care of.

I reached out to WDW via online chat and they said they don't have a release date. Hoping it's soon. It's not so much about the money as it s the inconvenience of switching the bands over/activating the new band on vacation from the phone-with chubby fingers :)

I'm super excited about this. I went and bought my kids bands for Christmas with characters. If I had know this was coming I could have saved some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!