New Jersey..New York....Long Island

Okay, when I started reading this thread I didn't get it lol. I've never used the exit thing (exit 64 on the LIE) lol. I'm a NY'er or I'm from LI. I have that nasty NY accent that like many of you gives us away everytime. When I moved off this da%#ed Island I will be from where ever I live then (New Hampshire, hopefully) That will really screw people up lol!

Okay, when I started reading this thread I didn't get it lol. I've never used the exit thing (exit 64 on the LIE) lol. I'm a NY'er or I'm from LI. I have that nasty NY accent that like many of you gives us away everytime. When I moved off this da%#ed Island I will be from where ever I live then (New Hampshire, hopefully) That will really screw people up lol!

:cool1: Exit 64 too!
here I go.....using the exit thing:sad2: lol

Hey neighbor! What part of Medford are you from? I'm right off the LIE in Yaphank, but my mailing address is Medford. It's so silly, the mailman on one side of the block is Yaphank and the other is Medford.

Hi! I'm behind Pat-Med HS. Are you Longwood or Pat-Med school district

Ah, I see the exit you are at is for Route 112. I catch Sunrise Hwy from 112 every day on the way to work (Main street in Patchogue to rte 112).

When people ask me what part of Long Island I'm from, I say I've been all over.

Was born in Valley Stream (Nassau)
Moved to Kings Park as a kid (Suffolk)
Went to elementary school in Northport (Suffolk)
Went to high school in Oyster Bay (Nassau)
Went away to school upstate
Had a summer job in Garden City (Nassau)
Graduated college and moved back down where I lived in Syosset for a year, then Elmont for another year, then West Hempstead for a couple of years. I moved upstate 2 years ago but since most of my family is still on LI, I go down there a couple times a year, at least. It'll always be home.

Hey neighbor! What part of Medford are you from? I'm right off the LIE in Yaphank, but my mailing address is Medford. It's so silly, the mailman on one side of the block is Yaphank and the other is Medford.

Try having an address in East Patchogue that is very, very, similar to another address in North Patchogue. That's what happened when I lived at home. The mail between both residences were always screwed up by the post office. North Patchogue would get our mail and we would get theirs.

Eagle Estates is right around the corner from me. That's so cool to see someone talk about somewhere you know on here.

A friend of mine grew up there as well as a friend of my now deceased grandmother. The last time DH and I went by Eagle Estates was about a year ago to celebrate our anniversary. We went to Medford Pastaria...mmmm!

Hi! I'm behind Pat-Med HS. Are you Longwood or Pat-Med school district

Now that is too funny! When DH and I rented an apartment we lived directly behind the middle school on Ocean Ave. His cousin lives right next door. Four years ago, we moved back to East Patchogue. Just 10 minutes from Patchogue Village.

A friend of mine grew up there as well as a friend of my now deceased grandmother. The last time DH and I went by Eagle Estates was about a year ago to celebrate our anniversary. We went to Medford Pastaria...mmmm!

I love their salads and combo platters to go. My kids don't behave enough to eat out.;)

I love their salads and combo platters to go. My kids don't behave enough to eat out.;)

Neither does our DS5. I just remembered that we did go one other time last year for Mother's Day. DS was actually pretty well behaved.

Now that is too funny! When DH and I rented an apartment we lived directly behind the middle school on Ocean Ave. His cousin lives right next door. Four years ago, we moved back to East Patchogue. Just 10 minutes from Patchogue Village.

It's a small world after all:dance3:

We are Longwood School District.
We are PatMed but my son plays travel soccer for Longwood:cheer2:

:cool1: Exit 64 too!
here I go.....using the exit thing:sad2: lol

Exit 64 sure is popular! I worked on 112 for 15 years and my husband worked north of the LIE, same exit.

Anyway, ISP3MCO....I really like your screen name!

Oh, I'm a Sayville girl myself. Don't even know the exit!:confused3

Exit 64 sure is popular! I worked on 112 for 15 years and my husband worked north of the LIE, same exit.

DOH! I just got it :blush: . Never really paid attention to it before now.

Sayville...let's see... Exit 59 or 60 off the L.I.E. maybe? Whichever one takes you behind the airport.

Alway checking! ISP TO MCO:thumbsup2 :surfweb:

I head north on Rt 112 when you hit 347 you're within 2 tenths of a mile as the crow flies. I'm north of 347 just east of 112.

This is a great thread! Born and raised in Queens, went to college in the Bronx, studied abroad & now residing in Smithtown Longguyland

Whenever DH says he grew up in the City, I remind him that would be me, not him. I was born in Manhattan, he's from Queens. ;)

Whenever DH says he grew up in the City, I remind him that would be me, not him. I was born in Manhattan, he's from Queens. ;)

But it is part of the 5 boroughs even though geographically it's here on Long Island. FWIW, I also consider Manhatten to be "The City" as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter