New England Meet - THIS COMING WEEKEND - 9/26!!

Hi, I just wanted to say that Kevin and I had a great time today. It was so nice meeting everyone, going on the train and having lunch together at Fire & Ice. We also like the idea of meeting to go to the movie when it's released. :goodvibes
Patriot Place is cool!!!

Thanks Tara for organizing a great fun day! and it was very nice meeting you all!

So...as we we're driving home we were talking about DAP and I think we are going to go. We have valid APs and Southwest has good rates. The plan is to sleep on it, but once the seed is planted these things always seem to happen. I am soooooo excited.

Do the Disney Math! What's Disney Math you say? That's where you add an AP, a DVC and cheap flights to equal "a free trip". :goodvibes

It was really great today meeting old and new DIS friends. As mentioned earlier it's a shame we didn't have more time together. DAP? :)

A few of us tossed around another meet including seeing "A Christmas Carol" together. We mentioned having this in Foxboro, MA at Patriot Place. Sunday was mentioned as a better weekend day. If it is Sunday, it would have to be Sunday the 15th. The Patriots are home vs. the Dolphins on the 8th and we won't be getting anywhere near there that Sunday.

Looking at both Saturday and Sunday options they would include -

Sat - Nov 7th
Sat - Nov 14th
Sun - Nov 15th

We'll discuss this more shortly I'm sure. :goodvibes

I'm really pumped to see this movie now. Deb and I couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. :woohoo:

I'm pretty sure Val & I will be around for the 14&15 dates, but may not be able to make the 7th.

Do the Disney Math! What's Disney Math you say? That's where you add an AP, a DVC and cheap flights to equal "a free trip". :goodvibes

We like that math, but we've pretty much exhausted that between F&W, F&G and SWW in the past year...:)

DAP 2.0 might coincide with our 2010 trip though...(bah, I forgot...the next PCC is December...don't think we can swing that...)

I'm pretty sure Val & I will be around for the 14&15 dates, but may not be able to make the 7th.

The 7th is pretty much the only date we are guaranteed NOT to be able to make as well.

EDIT to add the "NOT" in there ... to early to type...

It was so great to meet you all yesterday. We had a really fun day. Thank you, Tara for organizing the meet. It was a big success, and we'd love to join you at the next one.

Thanks Billtm for inviting us wishers too. Now I'll have to check out the pod cast. I'll be careful though, because I'm sure they can become addicting.

Just want to add my thanks to Tara for coordinating all this! While we had a conflict in the morning and didn't do the train, we were able to meet for lunch at Fire and Ice - it was great to see some folks again, and to meet many others for the first time. I love the idea of seeing the movie together at Patriot Place - I've been waiting for an excuse to go!

Next meet: Movie?
Next one after that: DAP!

Again can I ask what is DAP???

For the movie meet. Since the Patriots are playing at home on Sunday Nov 8th, that day doesn't work. We could still do it but I guarantee you wouldn't be happy with the game day traffic and kaos. :eek:

For me the Saturday dates of the 7th and 14th would be option "B" and "C". A few of us mentioned that Saturdays are designated as errand, kids sports, etc. We noticed this yesterday as a number of folks either couldn't make the AM train, or couldn't make it at all.

For me the 15th seems to work best. The next question would be what movie time. Tara mentioned a late matinee. That works for me. The next question would be to include lunch and do it it before or after the movie. Patriot Place has a Five Guys Burgers, Red Robin, and a few other options. Never had a Five Guys burger and I hear raves about those.

All this needs Tara's blessing though. She is our leader sans light saber. :goodvibes

For the movie meet. Since the Patriots are playing at home on Sunday Nov 8th, that day doesn't work. We could still do it but I guarantee you wouldn't be happy with the game day traffic and kaos. :eek:

For me the Saturday dates of the 7th and 14th would be option "B" and "C". A few of us mentioned that Saturdays are designated as errand, kids sports, etc. We noticed this yesterday as a number of folks either couldn't make the AM train, or couldn't make it at all.

For me the 15th seems to work best. The next question would be what movie time. Tara mentioned a late matinee. That works for me. The next question would be to include lunch and do it it before or after the movie. Patriot Place has a Five Guys Burgers, Red Robin, and a few other options. Never had a Five Guys burger and I hear raves about those.

All this needs Tara's blessing though. She is our leader sans light saber. :goodvibes

George, you're a busy man these days with all the DIS meets you're planning! :thumbsup2

We would agree with an afternoon movie. As far as food goes - 5 guys sounds good to us.

We had a GREAT time yesterday! On the way home, Molly kept saying, "Mom, this was SUCH a fun day!"

We can't do the 14th but would LOVE the 15th!!
:surfweb:

Some photos from yesterday. :)

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

Hard to believe this next one is Gary Oldman as Tiny Tim.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

We were not allowed to take photos or video in this room but I couldn't help myself.

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Computer nut job friend (with bug eyes) and Deb in a santa hat. I wouldn't wear one.

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

Our Mindy and Kristin in line for the movie preview!

IMG_2524.jpg

Leslie (Mermom) and Val.

IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

So happy to hear you all had a great time, but really sad I missed it. I guess there is always next time.

We're in for DAP! I found cheap tickets on Southwest which sealed the deal, but we are still without a place to stay. We don't want to use DVC points for this trip and were hoping to stay at Pop, but there doesn't seem to be any availability at any of the value or moderate resorts. Oh well, something will turn up.

We'll do our best to make the meet on the 15th, but we are getting back from 7 days on the Magic on the 14th.

We're in for DAP! I found cheap tickets on Southwest which sealed the deal, but we are still without a place to stay. We don't want to use DVC points for this trip and were hoping to stay at Pop, but there doesn't seem to be any availability at any of the value or moderate resorts. Oh well, something will turn up.

We'll do our best to make the meet on the 15th, but we are getting back from 7 days on the Magic on the 14th.

Nice work Scott! Are you going via TF Green? Hope you can make the 15th but I certainly understand not making the movie (if the 15th is the date.)

Hey Scott,

I am sure if you put in a request thourgh Dreams Mindy would be more than happy to help you. I know she has been able to get Kristin a good deal at CBR and she got me an amazing rate at POP back when I thought I could go. Plus this will waive your enterance fee into DAP. I am sure if you want off site Kathy will help you there too.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Thank you all again for the kind words.. All I really did was start a thread and keep it updated.

As for the Movie I think any of those dates would work fine on this end as of now. Five guys sounds great to me to but having been there once there is not alot of space to eat so we may end up picnic style... Just something to think about. Anyone who has been there please let us know your thoughts.

Can't wait to see you all again soon!!

the movie at patriot place sounds great. five guys is good but small but if it is nice out you can eat outside

fiveguys.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter