New Doorway to Dreams mailing(Woodfield)

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
I got another mailing today about the grand opening of the Woodfeild DVC store. It says you need to rsvp to attend 8/1-8/3 and there will be incentives and "lots of surprises". I want to check it out but don't need another add on-I wonder if it will just be a sales pitch.
It also says Mickey will be there 8/4 from 11-6.:smickey:

We got ours today also. Very curious what the special incentive will be, don't really want to make the trip. I become unglued on 80/94 anymore:confused3 :scared1:

Got the mailing here today as well. We're not planning on adding on but I'll be calling and we are going to try and go on the 1st.

Does the RSVP # have to many phone digits. Has 11 when there should be only 10.

My guess is it is to spell Disney. I've seen other vanity phone numbers with more than 10 digits.

I got through. I think they just wanted to make the phone number easy even though there is an extra number. I'm definitely going. I'm only abt 25 minutes from Woodfield.

I think any DVC Member can go. Just made my reservation for 8PM on 8/1. They say there will be a 15 minute "Welcome Home" presentation and then a tour of the store, which includes AKV model rooms. Reservation times are from 1PM until 8PM.

I bet they might have only mailed to Chicago area DVC'ers, but if you can make it in, I bet you can go (and I bet if you dial 866-90-DISNE, it'll work too!). Interestingly, the CM who answered did so by saying "Member Services."

I just called and got a time slot at 6 PM on the 1st. Sounds like Disney designated a group of MS folks to field these reservation calls. She said we'd get a confirmation letter in the mail. Am anxious to see what they'll have to offer. We are considering a small add-on, but wanted VWL and have a feeling the incentives will just be for SSR or AKV and we already have points at both. At any rate, it will be a neat way to meet other local DVC'ers and get a DVC fix without the plane ride :-)

Thanks for the info. . .I didn't realize you would need to know a date and time. I have to do some planning.

Any word on the special incentives??;)

I'm on the phone right now booking the 6 pm slot on the 1st.

The times are 1 pm, 3pm, 6 pm and 8pm

We're waiting to close on our resale to become DVC members. Do you think I can still call to see if we could go. We should be members by then.

Never mind. I just called and can't RSVP without a member number. Hopefully we'll be in the system by the end of July so we can go.

Yes, others outside of Chicago are permitted to go. We just made a reservation for 2 pm on Aug. 2nd. Now, we just have to find out where the mall is located!! :confused3

Thanks so much!! Now we have to decide where to stay. Our original thought was downtown Chicago but some of those shopping packages looked enticing!!

We've stayed at the Hyatt before. Very nice and it is right across the street so even though they have a shuttle you can walk over.

Thanks so much!! Now we have to decide where to stay. Our original thought was downtown Chicago but some of those shopping packages looked enticing!!

Downtown is a good 60-90 minute drive from Schaumburg, just so you know! Rates tend to be cheaper in the burbs too. Still, a trip downtown is nice if you have the time, especially with the great weather we've had lately! There are some new cool hotels downtown though too - House of Blues, W and Hard Rock are all neat, and well located for downtown.

I think any DVC Member can go. Just made my reservation for 8PM on 8/1. They say there will be a 15 minute "Welcome Home" presentation and then a tour of the store, which includes AKV model rooms. Reservation times are from 1PM until 8PM.

I bet they might have only mailed to Chicago area DVC'ers, but if you can make it in, I bet you can go (and I bet if you dial 866-90-DISNE, it'll work too!). Interestingly, the CM who answered did so by saying "Member Services."

I'm in a Milwaukee NW suburb and I got the invite, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter