New Doorway to Dreams mailing(Woodfield)

Hmmm. I made my reservation today too, around 9:30am for the 3rd. I was told the only options for times where 10am, noon and 2pm. Bah, I would like a later time but DH says he can get out of work early that day. Then we can head over to Ted's Montana Grill.

We can't wait...Like many of you, we don't need/want to add-on at this pt but we shall see what they offer. I'd like to head back the next day when Mickey is there for our daughter.

Maybe we'll see you there!

WDWLVR and others...we're going at 6 pm on Aug 1 and I'll be wearing my lime green DISboards tshirt...would love to put faces and (real) names with some of the DISboard handles. If you see me, please say hello...one of the most fun moments on DCL DIS-meets is when you get to say "Oh, YOU'RE Schmaltzy-maltzy or DonaldDuckless or SoGoofee." Long live virtual communities, especially those that can occasionally "cross over" to the face to face ones!

Well, we are now bummed. I have our ressie for Aug. 2, but when we tried to book a hotel in downtown Chicago (trying to make a mini vacation out of it - shopping, Cubs game) we found to cost to be OUTRAGEOUS!! We have stayed there before too and never at the prices we read. Plus, lots of hotels are sold out. To be honest, our main reason for coming is the potential incentives, but at the hotels prices, we would eat up our possible incentive savings in room charges! :sad2: DH is saying "forget it!"
I wish Disney would give some idea of the incentive, but I am sure they want it to be a surprise to bring people in.

:sad1:

This is the high time for Chicago hotel rates, for sure. LOTS of folks visting town now. I think you'd be much better off staying near Schaumburg. Easier parking, and easy access to the highways.

Look t the Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg in Expedia. $79-119. That's about the lowest you'll find.

And if around $200 is in your budget and you want downtown, try Inn of Chicago - Magnificent Mile.

Other areas to look - try Oak Park (neat subrurb with lots of Frank Lloyd Wright, including his home and studio, birthplace of Earnest Hemmingway, short El ride to the Loop). The Write Inn and Carlton are both very nice.

WDWLVR and others...we're going at 6 pm on Aug 1 and I'll be wearing my lime green DISboards tshirt...would love to put faces and (real) names with some of the DISboard handles. If you see me, please say hello...one of the most fun moments on DCL DIS-meets is when you get to say "Oh, YOU'RE Schmaltzy-maltzy or DonaldDuckless or SoGoofee." Long live virtual communities, especially those that can occasionally "cross over" to the face to face ones!

Definately - most likely we'll be in our Member Cruise polo shirts. This is what we look like from our December 2004 cruise.

usmickey.jpg

Our card arrived Saturday, so I had to wait until I got home from work today(I work half days) to call. We had hoped to go up to Woodfield after DH got off of work on Friday. but all that was available for Friday was the 10, 12, and 2 slot (and he's already taking this Friday and next Friday off, so I didn't want to push it for him). So, I settled for Wednesday at 8:00 (MrShiny, we may be in the same group!). At least we'll find out sooner what these incentives are!:)

I will be there on the 1st at 6:00 to. Don't know what we will be wearing yet. When it gets closer I will let you know.

WDWLVR...we have the same shirt/dress combo and wore them on our Disneymoon!

Here's a picture of us on Magic for ID purposes beyond the power of the lime green tshirt!

PLUTO2.jpg

I made the ressie for Thurs at 12N with my DD4. My DH works and my DS7 will beat day camp on Thurs. Now the DH found out abt it and wants to go too! Then we'll probably go again on Saturday to see MM with both kids. This is getting to be as complicated as a day at the park :rotfl:! Should I bring my Passporter!?

I'm signed up to go Aug 1st at 1pm with DH and our 2 girls. I can't wait to see it. I was in the mall last week and the door was open a crack but I really couldn't see anything.

DW and I will be there at noon on thursday. Just a short drive from nw Milwaukee burbs. Looking forward to the AKV models.:yay:

We'll be there at 12 pm on Friday - driving from Michigan. I did not get an invite either but would love an excuse to get to the mall, and we're new DVC members, so it would be great to meet others.

For those traveling to the mall who are not familiar with Woodfield and would like to save some walking distance, the preview center is located on the 2nd level, right outside of Nordstroms. There is a parking garage at Nordstroms, so it's a quick walk through the store (provided you can stop yourself from shopping ;) ) and then into the mall and it's right there.

My DS & I walked by it the other day. There was a slight crack open in the door so we tried to get a glimpse of what's to come. It sure looked like they have a LOT of work ahead of them in order to pull this off by the 8/1 date. Nothing seemed to be constructed, granted, we couldn't see much, but in all reality, we saw nothing. :confused:

We'll be there on 8/1 at 8.

Thanks for the insider tip cgcw!

I know you will all laugh at this, but is Woodfield a large mall? Famous mall?
Even though I am in the midwest and quite a shopper in my neck of the woods, I do not know about Woodfield. How does it compare to Michigan Ave. for shopping?

Just wondering. . .thanks

Thanks for the insider tip cgcw!

I know you will all laugh at this, but is Woodfield a large mall? Famous mall?
Even though I am in the midwest and quite a shopper in my neck of the woods, I do not know about Woodfield. How does it compare to Michigan Ave. for shopping?

Just wondering. . .thanks

Yep, big mall. The anchor stores are Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Sears and JC Penney. There are a gazillion stores in the mall as well, it must be at least a couple of hundred.

I just looked it up and found these stats. I was always under the impression that it was the second biggest after Mall of America. Here's what I learned today. Square footage wise, it's 9th in the United States with 288 stores and [SIZE=-1]2,224,000 square feet. It's big. Some people just don't have a good sense of direction inside the mall, my DH is one of them who has a tough time keeping track of which area he's been to and what are he needs to head to get to another store. We've lived here forever, so I can see where it can be confusing if your not familiar with it. Being there are multiple levels and mid-levels, it's easy to get turned around. Best advice is to remember which anchor store you park near. [/SIZE]

I am going on Aug 1st at 3pm. We really do not have any intention of adding on (unless the deal is incredible), I am more interested in seeing the concept. I would have applied for a job here if it wasn't 1.5 hrs each way in traffic.

For those making a day of it, after you are all shopped out, there's a wonderful Loews Movie theater and Gameworks across the way (Street of Woodfield) that you can drive to or take a free shuttle and an amazing array of restaurants to choose from.

If pictures are allowed, I will try to snap a few shots and post them since I am going on the first day.

:) Dyan

Do you think they will extend the incentive offer to Orlando sales office for those three days or will it be - come to Chicago or no deal?? What do you all think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter