NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take disney in a downpour anyday......anything is better than this winter has been. More snow in the last few weeks than the last 3 full winter seasons combined. YUCH.

A day in Disney day is better than..... I am sure we can all fill in the blanks!

Caroline>> YIKES! I pray your DH starts to feel better, soon! I can relate to what he went through, breaking up a fight by two much bigger sixth graders earlier in the year. I wasn't hurt, but I was VERY lucky! Please send P and PD from me to him!

Yes, my sorority mug is going to AKL! We are in a standard sav. room for the first three days, and I refuse to drink out of styrofoam if there are better options... and there are! I MUST take my mug with me!

Have a great night everyone!

Debbie

Have not had much time to even read boards but wishing everyone "THE BEST". Have been working everyday since the 5th of January.

Question I have is anyone having a hard time booking with gov/teacher rate. I cannot get any dates from Aug 1 to Aug 15. Site says not available. So, I tried for our November trip and same thing.

It looks like the Swan/Dolphin has changed policy. I also see that they are not offering the points and cash offer.

I have not had time to keep up so it would be appreciated if someone could give me a heads up.

Thanks in advance!!

DEAR BROTHERS AND SORRORITY SISTERS AS I POST MOST ON HERE I FELT 100 SHOULD BE HERE!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY

I found the same thing for July 2004. Try going though Dreams Unlimited Travel... they seem to have had the rates I sought! BooHoo about the cash and points! I finally have some saved and THAT is what I use them for! Hopefully they will restart this program at the S/D!

Good morning to all! *(lovingthemouse... have an especial good time and hope your DH recovers fully while vacationing in the Magic!)

Mompoppins You are so close! Your kids must be giddy!

:Pinkbounc

jmcross Have a great time! Try to remember to leave a note for the next Sigma Delta Sorority sister at the Concierge Desk! Just ask them to file it under "S"! :wave2:

I had no problem getting teacher rate for our *hopeful* trip July 16-21. I called the S/D directly.

I called the Dolphin yesterday to make reservations for June 12-20 with the nurse's discount. June 14-16 were not available with the discount due to a convention! :eek: This will be our second stay at the Dolphin with the nurse discount, and I read the DIS boards pretty regularly, but somehow I totally missed the fact that there were certain dates when the discount isn't offered. :confused:

I am a college student (very nontraditional, lol), so we are going to WDW during a break between semesters. Luckily, I was able to bump the trip up to June 17-25 and get the nurse discount for all nights. I'll be getting back (barely) in time to get ready for classes to start on the 28th. It turns out the entire month of June had availability for the nurse's discount, with the exception of the 14,15 and 16th. :rolleyes:

So if anyone else plans to use the nurse/teacher/gov't discount, please be aware that you need to call and make sure all dates are available before solidifying you dates.

Thankfully, it all worked out well in the end, and we are thrilled to be going back to the Dolphin! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:wave2: HELLO ALL!!~Is it TAX TIME, or WHAT? (LOL)....I have not seen the thread this quiet in a longgggg time. :hyper:

Bobump~Congratulations! HAPPY 100!! :teeth:

#1hockeymom~A day in DISNEY DAY is better than....."A DAY IN UNIVERSAL!" He He.....::yes:: (I LOVE Universal, just not as much as DISNEY!!)

msteddom ~THAT was the ONE!!! :umbrella: Glad you made it to the R & C! We usually love to sit on the bottom terrace overlooking the lake, and do not enjoy inside the dining area. I'm sure they had the patio/terrace closed, correct? They DID, however...proceed with Illuminations! We watched from our windows. It is SO seldom they cancel this show (Thank goodness). How funny you recall this storm too. It was pretty amazing though, coming seemingly out of nowhere! :eek:

lovingthemouse~Caroline, you nearly stopped my heart with the post regarding your DH. How terrible! I surely hope the school identified the two boys whom engaged in such nonsense on the school premises. Your DH could have been received more severe injuries, and such an incident should not be taken lightly (Do I sound like an administrator?). Acts of agression, even in play, have absolutely no place on campus. I have "zero-tolerance" for physical outbursts (as they can always "inadvertantly" affect others). These students could have caused permanent disabilities, even death, with such careless "fooling around." I would insure they had some "time" to think over these actions, with parents and faculty involved, possibly preventing a recurrence in the future. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, and hope this accident does not have any lingering/lasting negative effects. Have a WONDERFUL time in the MAGIC. :sunny:

TTFN...DF99 :wave:

:wave2: I'm here, DF! I had "one of THOSE days"...a grit my teeth and growl kind of day --- very stressful. I am spent and must head to bed! :faint:

Good night to the sorority.

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
:wave2: I'm here, DF! I had "one of THOSE days"...a grit my teeth and growl kind of day --- very stressful. I am spent and must head to bed! :faint:

Good night to the sorority.
Here's to better days, and restful sleep...without any "teeth gritting/grinding." Mouseteacher....You know you can ALWAYS dump your stress and worries right HERE, and free yourself of your troubles and burdens. ::yes:: Sweet Dreams...as you drift off to your lounger by the slide at the Grotto pool...the bone-saturating sunshine, and the constant background chatter of laughter from the crowds of HAPPY folks immersed in the MAGIC. :sunny: "Like most things, it all goes back to Shakespeare. "We are such stuff as dreams are made on," says Prospero, "and our life is rounded with a little sleep." ENJOY! :hug:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

This is a really neat thread!

I haven't read it until tonight
(well, first couple and last couple pages), but, you gals are all so sweet!:grouphug:

Not to mention, I'm also a S/D lover!:tongue:

BambiTamby - we have a few guys lurking here too!!! If you can't sleep some night, tour the entire thread..............

DF - GUESS WHAT I WAS DOING IN THE OTHER WINDOW ON THE PC - TAXES!!!!! I will definitely have enough for airfare plus the next dorm room payment - plus a little fun $$ - whew!!! I'm one of those people that loans the gov't my $ rather than earning .35% on it! :p :p

Caroline - I apologize - I missed your post totally on DH - Have minnie give him a hug and a kiss - it will work wonders for healing. Have a good recuperative trip.

Kaycee- thank you for keeping us on topic!!!!;)

Update on DH - in week two of training. Passed last weeks test (whew!). This weeks test is supposed to be a doozy but I have confidence. I think he is finally realizing that when I say I am wiped out after a day of bookwork, etc that I am not lying! He has been studying diligently every night there. I just sit here and watch it snow.....It has been snowing faithfully while he is gone. I decided tonite I refused to get the snowblower out. I'll wait till tomorrow night.

BambiTamby ~ Welcome and feel free to post at anytime. Jump right in and join us. :)

Jgates ~ Snow snow and more snow, you have had so much already. We still have had none here in North Texas, the weather man says maybe Friday night :)

Caroline ~ I hope your husband is feeling better, enjoy your trip to WDW:)

Jmcross ~ You must be getting ready to leave also, have a great time in the land of the magic with the mouse ! ::MickeyMo

Where is the self parking lot at the Dolphin. My DH wants to park the van and not see it again until we check out. He does not like to drive when we are on vacation.

Waving to the room :wave:

I think I will get out the suitcases this weekend... :hyper:

Welcome to our wonderful thread, Bambi!

DF>> Thank you for completing my statement! I meant to say "A rainy day in Disney is better than...." but it seems my brain wasn't functioning correctly!

Great tips Kaycee!! I was also a non traditional college student! Keep pressing on, for there is an end to that homework!

Mouseteacher>>*tossing a hersey dark chocolate small bar on her desk* These always help those stressful days! Hope today is better!

JGates>> That is what 4 wheel drive is for! I am sure the driveway will survive with some snow on it. You, though, will feel much better giving yourself a break from that work!

Bobump>> Thanks for letting us share #100!

Disbug,Caroline, MomPoppins, Muffy, et al
A big wave to all!!

Debbie

PS Happy Valentine's Day "Party" to all! We have a four day weekend, and I will be leaving in the morning for a hockey tournament so I won't be able to send my wishes on time! Today at school it is party day... can you say HECTIC? :)

I was over reading the theme park thread, A CM was killed yesterday, a 38 year old father of 2 children. He was dressed as Pluto and was run over by a float at the beginning of the Magic Kingdom parade..... My prayers to his family..what a tragedy...

can people please stick to the topic of the title.....there is nothing like reading through 50-100 pages of information about your personal life and pictures of your cruise on a thread titled

" NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints! "

there are proper areas and ways of posting that info in a way as to not frustrate someone who is actually looking for relevant information.................thank you:mad:

Originally posted by TIMLEO007
can people please stick to the topic of the title.....there is nothing like reading through 50-100 pages of information about your personal life and pictures of your cruise on a thread titled

" NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints! "

there are proper areas and ways of posting that info in a way as to not frustrate someone who is actually looking for relevant information.................thank you:mad:

:rolleyes: there IS quite a bit of relevant information not only in the thread, but in the resort forum.

what information are you looking for?

TIMLEO007 ~ Welcome to disboards.. We are more than happy to answer your questions without you having to dig through the thread to find your answer. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. We don't mind going over something that has already been asked. :)

The Dolphin has seperate check-in for Starwood members, its located right beside the regular check in area. If someone could please help me know where the self parking lot is located... Thanks... :)

DF and HM~ thanks for your kindness - chocolate on my desk and dreams of the grotto pool. It is always a stressful time in school the week before a vacation break. The students just seem to be in a misbehaving mode! :mad: Plus, our cold, dreary weather doesn't help. Looking forward to some R and R myself. ;)

Bambi - welcome to this most wonderful thread! And, thanks for the compliments - we are a sweet bunch indeed! ::yes::

TIMLEO007~ please don't be grumpy - we will be glad to help you.

So sad about the CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter