NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by madge

DF....never mind about my PM from a few weeks ago. I think I have it all figured out now. 1 room, 2 different reservations and rates. I hate it, but not much I can do. I have been guaranteed that I can stay in the same room, which is good.
Please forgive me, I missed it completely...could have been FULL (as it so often is...), and you did not get a message! Darn! So sorry, if you need to PM me, you can try it now. Again, my apologies...I will offer any help I can! ::yes::

LOU Topic....what topic? :teeth: Are you "Scolding" dearest PRINCE?!? :tongue: I have a terrible dislike for DUNCE caps (no photos necessary...ahem!).

*Posting the "Same thing" twice...anyone ever done that here, on our SWAN/DOLPHIN thread?!? You MUST have us confused with some OTHER thread.

*Looks like mickeyfan1 has located you on our thread! :grouphug: :laughing: :laughing: :magnify: puckerup: :love1: :goodvibes :crowded: :duck: :lovestruc :rotfl: :love2: (Your cover is blown...Do they know you are an HONORARY SISTER?).

#1hockeymom~YES...DEBBIE! I heard the guffaws from across the land. I was feeling giddy today, like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" (as he typed repetitively in the typewriter..."ALLWORKANDNOPLAYMAKESJACKADULLBOY" (LOL).
Is it MARCH YET?

***Debbie...you mentioned SWAN/DOLPHIN "EIGHT TIMES" in one of your posts!! WAY TO GO!! :bounce:

MOM POPPINS~So happy I was able to help! I too, bring the BIRNBAUM'S GUIDE BOOK with me on my trip to WDW & the DOLPHIN! I buy the new edition each year, even though it's mostly repeated information. I just LOVE perusing the pages, and DREAMING....

Mouseteacher~~ DOLPHIN ~~ DOLPHIN ~~ DOLPHIN ~~ DOLPHIN ~~How's THAT!? (4X) LOL. :smooth:

jmcross~PACKING for the SWAN/DOLPHIN TRIP? Exciting, indeed! Also, wonderful NEWS about your DS (tooth). He has some wonderful ANGELS watching over him. :angel:

ozziewags~Forget Debbie (reference to Coffee), wild horses couldn't pull me away from my Jura Impressa! I hit the button, and out pours the most incredible cup of crema expresso...it's tough to concentrate just writing about it! (LOL).
Glad you are enjoying the Holidays and special parties in school (sugar-highs...lol). :hyper:

DOLPHIN~DREAMS keep the BLAHS AWAY!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Loubon - you dumb aXX!!! (And I say that with the deepest affection - trust me).

I try to keep these slackers on topic too and it just doesn't work sometimes.:rolleyes: When I send someone here from the budget board or elsewhere, I try to include in my post that they will have to ask their specific question again and it will get answered!!! They definitely don't want to wade through everything. They need to go the anchored post at the top for that!!! Our eBay thread is just as bad!!! I know when I am gone for a few days I just about pull my hair out catching up. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DF ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION? I still have that postcard - do you want it? I need a mailing address - PM me!

Spc. Ryan G. Anderson, 26, was taken into custody following an internal sting operation, said Lt. Col. Stephen Barger, post spokesman.

He will be charged with "aiding the enemy by wrongfully attempting to communicate and give intelligence to the al Qaeda terrorist network," Barger said.

Barger said the investigation involved the Army, the FBI and the Justice Department.

"This is part of a joint, ongoing investigation," he said. "I can't get into specifics of how the investigation started or proceeded."

Barger said it could be four or five days before charges are formally filed.

Anderson allegedly offered to pass the information to al Qaeda agents through an Internet chat room, Pentagon officials said. But it is not believed he actually made contact with al Qaeda members, the sources said.

Law enforcement personnel were monitoring the chat room looking for people who might try to give up information, and Anderson allegedly tried to offer information to al Qaeda, according to sources.

Officials said Anderson, a tank crewman with the 303rd Armor Battalion of the 81st Armor Brigade at Fort Lewis, near Tacoma, was the only target of the sting.

The sting operation involved passing sensitive information about capabilities and vulnerabilities of armored Humvees and tanks, both of which are used in the brigade, officials said.

Anderson's unit, the 81st Armor Brigade, was honored in a deployment ceremony Saturday.
The brigade is preparing to deploy for final training in California before it departs for a tour of duty in Iraq.

When asked if Anderson is a Muslim, Barger said, "Religious preferences are an individual right and responsibility, and I really can't get into it."

Sources said Anderson converted to Islam several years ago.

Local media outlets in Washington reported that Anderson was a 2002 Washington State University graduate and studied military history with an emphasis on the Middle East.

AND

The Massachusetts Constitutional Convention will reconvene March 11 to try again.

The recess came after the Legislature voted down a third attempt in two days to produce an amendment.

The 103-96 vote came as the lawmakers were well into their second day of passionate debate and behind-the-scenes negotiating -- attempts to hammer out a compromise on whether the state will recognize same-sex couples and which rights it will allow them.

Thursday's session, which began at noon, continued until the stroke of midnight in the State House on historic Beacon Hill, where crowds of protesters -- many of them shouting "Equal Rights!" -- demonstrated in support of same-sex marriages.

Lawmakers earlier in the day narrowly rejected a compromise proposal that sought to legalize civil unions but ban gay marriage. A similar amendment was rejected Wednesday. As married couples, same-sex partners would have more rights than in "civil unions."

The constitutional convention began a week after the state's highest court said gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry in the state.

Adding fuel to the fire, San Francisco's county clerk began issuing same-sex marriage licenses Thursday, despite the fact that gay marriages are illegal in California. (Full story)

The first couple to be married: Phyllis Lyon, 80, and Dorothy Martin, 83, who have been together for 51 years.

During Thursday's session in Massachusetts, State Rep. Shaun P. Kelly filed a motion to adjourn the session, which would essentially allow the Supreme Court ruling in favor of gay marriages to stand. However, legislators voted 153-44 not to adjourn the session.

State Sen. Jarrett T. Barrios, an openly gay lawmaker, pleaded against the proposed amendment.

"I am the first person to speak on this amendment who is directly affected by it, I'll admit it," Barrios said, adding that his partner of more than 10 years and his two adopted children would be denied health benefits if the amendment were enacted.

Another legislator, Rep. Elizabeth Malia, spoke about her partner of 30 years.

"The most difficult part of this whole debate is people being able to understand and identify who we are," she said.

During the first session, an estimated 3,700 people -- lobbyists and protesters, young and old, gays and straights -- crammed into the State House, lining the lobby, stairwells and just about anywhere there was room. Hundreds more gathered outside the 200-year-old building, chanting slogans and waving signs.

State Rep. Philip Travis, a Democratic sponsor of the amendment to ban gay marriage, said the union of one man and one woman "will be protected in Massachusetts."

He added that he hopes Massachusetts will not be "the first state in the union to endorse gay marriage by legislation."

State Sen. Harriett Chandler told lawmakers: "I urge my colleagues to stand with me against discrimination today and to oppose this attempt to amend our constitution."

Court set November deadline
Any amendment to change the state constitution would have to be ratified by both houses of the Legislature in two successive legislative sessions. Then the voters would have to approve it.

The earliest a constitutional amendment vote could be held would be November 2006. The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has ordered the Legislature to allow gays to marry by this May.

Last week's ruling was in response to a question from the state Senate on whether civil unions for gay couples would be sufficient to meet the court's 4-3 November decision that gays and lesbians cannot be forbidden from joining in civil marriages under the Massachusetts Constitution.

Civil unions grant couples most of the rights of state civil marriages but provide none of the federal benefits of marriage such as Social Security.

Bush prepared to support constitutional ban
President Bush called the Massachusetts court's ruling "deeply troubling."

In his State of the Union address last month, Bush said he was prepared to support a constitutional amendment to prevent "activist judges" from "redefining marriage by court order."

Press secretary Scott McClellan said the president is "committed to doing what is legally necessary. ... If necessary, he will support a constitutional amendment."

McClellan said the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling moved the president closer to endorsing a constitutional amendment.

Social conservatives have called on the White House to take an unequivocal stand against same-sex unions, arguing they pose a threat to fundamental Judeo-Christian values.

McClellan said Bush recently told GOP members of Congress that a proposed amendment written by Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, R-Colorado, was consistent with his views on the issue.

Politicians weigh in
The proposed federal amendment would forbid states from allowing gay marriages but permit them to pass laws allowing civil unions and same-sex legal partnership arrangements, as are now allowed in California and Vermont.

U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, one of the nation's most prominent gay lawmakers, told CNN that gays are "not diluting the marriage between a man and a woman."

"The marriage between two heterosexuals who love each other, the overwhelming form of marriage, will be exactly unchanged," he said.

Thirty-eight states have passed laws forbidding the recognition of gay marriages.

The Massachusetts decision and similar court rulings in Canada have entered the Democratic presidential debate.

Front-runner Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts has said he does not support gay marriage but does back civil unions. Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean signed the first state law on same-sex civil unions.

Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said the question of same-sex marriage should be one for voters -- not the courts -- to decide.

OH YEAH AND I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE DOLPHIN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Please forgive me, I missed it completely...could have been FULL (as it so often is...), and you did not get a message! Darn! So sorry, if you need to PM me, you can try it now. Again, my apologies...I will offer any help I can!

Lisa....don't sweat it :) except, I tried to PM again this morning, and your box was full.....

TIMLEO007...thanks for the news update :rolleyes:

TIMLEO007 ~ We have been members of the Swan/Dolphin thread for the past few years. We are more than happy to answer any questions you have. We not only share a love for WDW and the Swan/Dolphin resort, but over the years have grown to care about each other. We not only share information about the Swan/Dolphin, but enjoy hearing about what is going on with each others families etc. We also share our own personal expeiences and knowledge of the Swan/Dolphin resort.

Waving to the room, Happy Valentines Day!

:wave:

Originally posted by MOM POPPINS
TIMLEO007 ~ We have been members of the Swan/Dolphin thread for the past few years. We are more than happy to answer any questions you have. We not only share a love for WDW and the Swan/Dolphin resort, but over the years have grown to care about each other. We not only share information about the Swan/Dolphin, but enjoy hearing about what is going on with each others families etc. We also share our own personal expeiences and knowledge of the Swan/Dolphin resort.

Waving to the room, Happy Valentines Day!

:wave:

what she said ::yes::

I'm just not that nice, LOL....

Originally posted by madge
what she said ::yes::

I'm just not that nice, LOL....
censored.gif

Timeleo007... as our thread is almost ready to be restarted, we will keep in mind your "complaints" and perhaps add "Swan/Dolphin QUESTIONS ANSWERED and FAQ" to the new thread. Otherwise, perhaps you would be happier on glo's thread about the Swan and Dolphin resorts. Remember you are still a Welcomed Guest, but please do not abuse the people who post here. That is no way to attract the Tag Fairy. If you would like to be mad there are other places where you will be happier!:teeth:

We are a happy group and intend to stay so! Judging from your last post, our exuberence is rubbing off on you! Hope so. ::yes::

Originally posted by MOM POPPINS

The Dolphin has seperate check-in for Starwood members, its located right beside the regular check in area. If someone could please help me know where the self parking lot is located... Thanks... :)

Can I ask this question in all sincerity. If there is a big line at the regular check in area and no line at the Starwood member area, do you just walk up to that area?? What if there is no CM there? Do you still go to that area?

This happened this past weekend when we went to the Westin Chicago River North. There was a line at the check-in area and no line at the Starwood area. But there was no CM there and I didn't know what to do. I just went in the regular line.

Maggie

Originally posted by maggiew
Can I ask this question in all sincerity. If there is a big line at the regular check in area and no line at the Starwood member area, do you just walk up to that area?? What if there is no CM there? Do you still go to that area?

This happened this past weekend when we went to the Westin Chicago River North. There was a line at the check-in area and no line at the Starwood area. But there was no CM there and I didn't know what to do. I just went in the regular line.

Maggie

Maggie,

the only time I used the SPG desk at the Dolphin, there was a desk agent there. I don't know what to do if no one is there....

:wave2: puckerup: Happy Valentines Day to All!

Maggie,

When I was in Dallas at the Sheraton Suites a few weeks ago I was faced with the same dilemma. I decided to walk right up the the Preferred Guests portion of the counter, and lo and behold a passing employee told me someone would be right with me and went inside the office to get someone to check me in. There may not have been a reservationist available because the manager himself came and checked me in. Now that's a preferred guest!:teeth:

There was no one attending the Starwood Dolphin desk on our last trip. At least that is what I thought, but as soon as I walked up to the Starwood desk someone came right over. :)

This thread has moved way beyond the 150 page limit. I am posting to it and closing it.

Please feel free to start a new one - and if needed I can add a link for you back to this one.

As I've mentioned in the past it would be best to keep this thread on topic for resorts. A general discussion thread - as this always turns into - is more appropriate on the Community Board.

If the new thread turns into a general chat discussion like all past threads I will be asking the Webmasters for a decision on what board it really belongs on.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter