NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Hello to everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY

Lauren~ My prayers are with you. Please do the same for me as my Dad has emergency surgery this AM to remove "blockage" from his colon. This happened very quickly and we are all anxious to get the biopsy report back. Unfortunatey, the radiologist saw some spots on his liver. Let's just pray it was a "fuzzy" scan.

DF~ Thanks for the encouraging words about my DS starting High School. SO far so good. A funny story to share:
When he returned home the first day he dumped his gym bag on the floor. Out fell 3 shoes. Two of which were his and a "mysterious" extra one. By mistake he grabbed some kids shoe and threw it in his gym bag after practice. Now picture this.... some Mom yelling at her kid for losing his brand new loafer on the first day of school. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have an extra "dress Shoe in my house.
He returned it yesterday and the kids looked around the school to see who was wearing "sneakers".

Great pictures too.. loved the Atlantis shots. Hoping one day to visit.

Off to the hospital I go!!

splash ~ you most certainly have my prayers and will keep you in my thoughts. Today's medicine can work such wonderful miracles - keep the thoughts positive. Please let us know how things are going for your dad. You, too, Lauren, keep us posted.

DF~ DH walked by as I was viewing your Atlantis pics and he said he always wanted to visit the resort. My response - the only way I would do that is by going on the Disney cruise!

Disbug~ the social event of the fourth grade!! LOL - your DD couldn't ask for anything better than that!! :) ;) You are a great mom.

Great pictures, DF. I know two families that stayed near the Atlantis this summer - they said it was amazing but very crowded. The Wonder looks great also.

Lou - the GoofyinNY entry is the best one in the yearbook!

Question - people have have mentioned that MamaT reads the DIS boards. Does she ever post?

(If you're reading, MamaT, you may regret showing us the "piano suite" once the sorority asks you to hold their meeting there. Myself, I think they desrve it given all the great publicity they have given the Swan/Dolphin.)

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone. Our company is giving us "early dismissal" today at 2:00pm - so I'll get a head start. Not quite a 4-day weekend, but you take what you can get.

Bill

#1hockeymom, thanks for the info on the king turret rooms. I'm going to try to get one.

By the way #1hockeymom, Mouseteacher and ww52, the Dis yearbook picture is hilarious.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Splash ~ Pixie Dust and Prayers coming your way for your Dad ~

DF ~ I love the pictures, keep them coming :)

WW52 ~ I believe we have seen Mama T post but it has been quiet sometime since we have heard from her :) Hello Mama T :)

Ladyjayhawk ~ Your right we will just miss each other, I will be checking in when you are checking out... I have not been so early in March before... I have been later in March and it was a crowded... hoping for less crowds by going the first week :)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I had a great day and a delicious dinner and birthday cake. DH bought the new Stitch movie so we ended the night watching the show. I missed a lot of it feeding Jr. but the girls really enjoyed it.

Have a great Friday and fab. long weekend :) We are hoping to relax and lay out by the pool :cool:

Hi All,

We will be leaving for our second stay at the Dolphin in a few short hours. By 11pm tonight we should be checking in. I am so excited. Just needed to share. I will post a full report when we get home.

Have a wonderful trip, Tiffany!

Lauren and splash family *****lots of pixie dust and prayers going both of your ways*****

splash family>> so you're the collector of the third shoe? Have a few t-shirts in there? how about some skate guards? This stuff must be somewhere! The only thing we tend to find after it is lost are his neckguards. For some reason those get turned into the arena office and we can reclaim them!

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! My quiet Thursday night turned into chaos after my football pick up. Suddenly both kids were having sleep-overs at my house! The girls did hide upstairs while the boys wrecked havoc for awhile, then the boys slept and I think the girls stayed up all night on the computers. All kids will be picked up by 2 today, so it will be restful, soon!

Debbie

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOM POPPINS!"
partytime.jpg
0403asstbig.jpg

Hope it was WONDERFUL! ;)

Thanks Dreamflight, glad you are home safe and sound :D

Tiffany ~ Have a magical trip to the world.... We would love to hear all the details when you return :D

I am missing WDW .... Our last trip was in October 2002, but it seems like forever ago. A lot has happened since then... I will have to continue to live through others trips until its our turn to return to the magic :D

Happy Labor Day!

Sorority sister wave to all of you :)

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, TIFFANY! Also, HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY!

I look forward to your trip report upon your return. ;) Have a Safe and wonderful journey! Enjoy...and relax in the MAGIC.

Thanks, Mom Poppins. I saw Celine Dion perform on the View this am, and thought of you (New Day). Also, listened to Perry Como as I cleaned around the house, and one of my all time FAV songs..."DREAMERS HOLIDAY"!

CLIMB ABOARD A BUTTERFLY
AND TAKE OFF ON THE BREEZE,

LET YOUR WORRIES FLUTTER BY
AND DO THE THINGS YOU PLEASE,

IN THE LAND WHERE DOLLAR BILLS
ARE FALLING OFF THE TREES,

ON A DREAMER’S HOLIDAY,

EVERY DAY FOR BREAKFAST
THERE’S A DISH OF SCRAMBLED STARS,

AND FOR LUNCHEON,
YOU’LL BE MUNCHIN’ RAINBOW CANDYBARS,

YOU’LL BE LIVIN’ ALA-MODE
ON JUPITER AND MARS,

ON A DREAMER’S HOLIDAY,

COME ON AND MAKE IT A LONG VACATION,

TIME THERE IS PLENTY OF,

YOU DON'T NEED A RESERVATION,

JUST BRING ALONG THE ONE YOU LOVE,

HELP YOURSELF TO HAPPINESS
AND SPRINKLE IT WITH MIRTH,

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND CONCENTRATE
AND DREAM FOR ALL YOU’RE WORTH,

YOU WILL FEEL TERRIFIC
WHEN YOU GET BACK DOWN TO EARTH,

FROM A DREAMER’S HOLIDAY.

Here's one of my FAVORITE DREAMER'S HOLIDAY PICTURES for all of my S.Sisters!
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5cf8339480000001610

More to come...^_^

Tiffany ~ Have a wonderful vacation (to my fellow MA resident). We'll all be here waiting for your trip report. And...happy #10!

DF~ the picture is simply gorgeous! It makes me sigh with longing to return. :D

splashfamily and hockeymom~ I can join the ranks of owning single-apparrel-that-is-part-of-pair items, too! :D I have a collection of single soccer socks that I know aren't ours b/c DS gets issued 4 pairs - 2 pairs for home uniform and 2 pairs for away uniform. At last count, we had much more than that.

Here's wishing mouseteacher, lovingthemouse, and all others:
A happy and fruitful 2003-2004 school year! And, here's to a "last hurrah" weekend before school begins....:wave:

DF99 ~
Glad to have ya back, safe and sound! Did ya ever make it to WL??

:) Thanks, kimmar.

Btw, we visited the WL back in 1997 - I believe it was fairly new then. DH took some video pics of us walking through the lobby and DSs and me sitting in the rocking chairs in front of that grand fireplace. I find it a quite impressive lobby! We were staying at the CR on that trip.

What an absolutely beautiful picture, DF! Your picture taking skills are wonderful!

Mouseteacher>> I will admit that we don't only lose items, but we also gain them. Hockey socks seem to multiply in his bag on a regular basis! DH's hockey bag is on wheels because I have refused to carry it for years. My standard reply was.."I drive, I pay, you play, you carry!". People have picked up that bag (instead of wheeling it) only to say "what is in here, a kitchen sink?" As he out grows items we tend to still pack them which comes in handy on game day in a rink two hours away when someone forgets an elbow pad, a knee guard, etc. I am still on the look out for over four pairs of skate guards, though! All that are in the bag are his youth skate guards. They don't fit on his skates anymore!

Kimmar>> Thank you for the happy thoughts! I have been back for two and a half weeks and am enjoying my four day weekend, but any happy school thoughts are appreciated by all of us teachers!

Mompoppins>> Glad your birthday was great will little stress!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
*sorority wave to all*
Debbie

I wonder if disbug will make it through this weekend without needing a calgon moment?

Thanks Kim for the good wishes - hope that you all have a great school year too - #1 Hockeymom- it is so nice to see that you are posting as a "hired back" essential part of your school!!! Great feeling, isn't it?

Professional Development is over and after a few hours back at school tomorrow (yes, my team is meeting on a Sat morning to plan the first day schedule), we will relax for the rest of the weekend. Yes, DH is also a teacher.

I have so many pages to catch up on again- it will take a while. So, i'll be sure to post again once i have caught up. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Caroline :wave:

Thanks all of you for your good wishes. It really helps knowing that you are all out there. Mom checked into the hospital yesterday and they did one last mri. This morning, about an hour before surgery, the neurosurgeon came in and told us that because her brain tumor was getting bigger he didn't think it would help her vision that much to drain the cyst in her brain. So he decided not to proceed. On one hand, it was very disappointing for mom, my sisters and me because we were so optimistic that this surgery would help restore some of mom's sight. On the other hand, we are relieved that she does not have to endure another painful surgery. Always looking for the silver lining, my mom told the surgeon, "Well, then at least I can go to DisneyWorld on Thursday!"

So, who needs to have great eye sight to enjoy DW? Mom and I have been there enough times that she pretty much has an image of it imbedded in her brain anyway. We leave early Thursday for our four night visit to the Swan. I am hoping to get an upgrade to club level - not as much for the food, more to meet the infamous Mama T and Thabo. I may even drag my laptop along to keep on top of things at the office as well as give you guys some "live" reports.

If any of you will be at the Swan that weekend, say hi if you see us. I will tie a lime green ribbon on mom's wheelchair!

Splashfamily -- hang in there! I know what it is like to be waiting for the almighty biopsy report. Pixie dust and prayers going out to you and your family.

Lauren (aka Joshua4)

Lauren>> So glad that you and your mother will be able to be in Disney World this Thursday! You have a great outlook on life and it is obvious that you get that from your mom. I do hope you get that upgrade to club level. You both deserve it! I wish I were there with you next week if only to see your smiles! Have a great trip and vacation! We would love to hear live updates from the world if you bring your laptop. I am sure you and your mother will have a very special vacation at Disney World!

lovingthemouse>> YES! I was one of the few non-tenured teachers called back. There were three of us. I am so thankful and grateful to be one of those! I believe prayers and pixie dust did their job. Special thanks again to everyone here!

Debbie

...nothing but good wishes for you during this school year. Non-tenure...I know what THAT's like! September 3 will be my 3 years + one day, so after that, it'll be "official"! WHEW!!

Caroline ~
How's your hunny feeling these days? Hope you and your family are all well!

Congrats Kimmar! Its four years and the "walk in" as we call it, here! This year and one more to go! I feel way too old to be always worried like this! I should have made that jump back to college much earlier than I did! The one plus I have is that my seven years as a parapro count on my state teacher retirement!

Debbie

I took it from inside the World Showcase, just as the sun was setting (behind the frozen Margarita stand in front of the Mexico Pavillion!). It's one of my FAVS too!
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5cf8339480000001610

Now...for a couple more to BRIGHTEN your FRIDAY EVE!

There she sits, warm and glowing...as we walk the LAKE heading "HOME" from an afternoon @ Epcot!
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5c3eeb8130000001610

Taken from the Beach Club...across the lake...
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5c16439a80000001610

HAPPY SUMMER CLOUDS over WDW! ^_^ *~*can you find the hidden mickey?*~*
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5c4bc79ea0000001610

Here comes the FRIENDSHIP!
47b3d608b3127cce8dd5db6539a40000001610

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter