NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Heading back to the WONDER...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c121d41e60000001610

There she SITS...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c10cfc0050000001610

Another NATIVE trying to make us feel welcome (Aquarium @ Atlantis)
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1fd301b60000001610

One of only TWO captive MantaRays in the entire world (Both are at Atlantis)...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c108841720000001610

View from our stateroom balcony!
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1129807b0000001610

still...a few more...

Here they are...

Another Balcony shot, with the Harbor in the foreground...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1634c0fd0000001610

Atlantis, and the Royal C. Cruise ship next to us...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c1602c0cb0000001610

Looking over the Rail...
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c17a501c40000001610

Paradise....
47b3d609b3127cce8d2c141fc0d70000001610

~madge! I knew you could do it! Just beaufiful! Your children look adorable!

<Font color=red><font size=7>"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MOMPOPPINS.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!"</color></font>

<font color=black>~Lauren! God bless... may your mother have a truly, truly remarkable recovery. P & PD to you both! May the Swan/Dolphin rejuvenate your dear mother!

Welcome to new posters and old lurkers! As Mouseteacher says, "Welcome to our Humble Thread!"

Thank you ALL for your words of remembrance (and encouragement!) on my DD's 9th BD camp-out! *People are still RSVPing (heaven help me!) :eek: This is turning out to be the social event of the 4th grade...

DF~ I do hope you find just the "right touch" for your siggie! Love all the pics you are posting tonight (and every night for that matter)!

And now I will leave you all with a little thought about the Swan/ Dolphin Resort........ I challenge you all to take the same first letters and come up with your own saying about the resort we love!</color>

<font color=blue><font size=7>M</color></font>ay we
<font color=blue><font size=7>A</color></font>lways be
<font color=blue><font size=7>G</color></font>uests
<font color=blue><font size=7>I</color></font>n its
<font color=blue><font size=7>C</color></font>harming halls!

Monday I called to upgrade my original room to a balcony. I got my confirmation in the mail today and it said, " A catagory room, confirmed A balcony". I am not sure what the A rooms and A balcony are, but it has to be good, right?? :confused:

DrmWvr! I think this is a very good view... I am sure Mouseteachaer, Dreamflight, jgates, ozzie, or someone else who has had this on their reseservations can confirm or give better details as to it's meaning! Congratulations!

drmwvr>>I do believe that is the best of the best!

DF>> GREAT PICTURES! That truly is paradise!

disbug>> It will all go well and smoothly! Take a breath!

Mickey and Minnie
Announce the
Grotto pool
In
Club level..... ummm I think I'll work on it. that was the five second version!

Debbie

Hello Everyone,

I'm so happy. I just booked the Dolphin for Easter 2004 at the government rate. (DH is a firefighter.) Is it possible to request a room with a large turret (sp?) balcony or are those balconies attached to suites?

(Now, if I could just get my countdown calendar to work....)

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

<font size=8 color=#006600">HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MOM POPPINS</font>

balloon%20happy%20birthday%20cake.jpg

DF....great pictures. They are so clear...just like postcards! Wow.
ww52....I am right there with you, on the bullpen issue(Cards is bad too...I just go crazy when they blow leads)! But the Astros? I hope not. Sorry, mompoppins.
firstmickey...I know you will love the S/D, but CSR is supposed to be very nice also. I would like to try it one day, but hard to pass up the S/D special rates for such a deluxe hotel! (Our first on-property stay was at CBR....we have been hooked to on-site ever since)
disbug.....good luck on your campout party. Sounds like a big social gathering to me! I miss those days. But then, we have the Illinois-Missouri game Sat.(big family deal at our house) and we are going to see The Lion King stage show Friday eve.
GoofyinNY....wait til you see your yearbook picture! LOL Lou is very brave. And yes, you can request a turrett room at the dolphin, but they are all Kings, as I understand, but they have two balconies. Looks like fun to me!
hockeymom.....you get FOUR days? Lucky you.

Ozziewags, I saw my yearbook picture. It's a classic! I'm still laughing. Thanks for the information on the turrett rooms.

Dreamflight, your photographs are wonderful.

Everyone (with a sense of humor) please look at my yearbook picture. Loubon is very creative.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Yes, we get four days off! The Michigan tourism industry was losing too many dollars with schools starting in August and only having the three day Labor Day weekend. They basically passed a law saying that any new contract had to have the four day weekend in it to allow more people to be able to go "up north". It worked, then again we usually were up north anyways for that weekend! I sometimes stay home now, and call it MY time.

GoofyinNY>> You are going to be so glad you booked the S/D! I'd request a king turret room and hope for the best. I have heard they are quite lovely, although you aren't "completely" alone out on your balcony. People across from you are able to "watch". Some people have gotten carried away on them per a thread that quickly was taken off of the boards! *still laughing about that thread, and its disappearance!*

We were out on the deck tonight enjoying our dryer cooler weather while the kids swam and I mentioned to DH that "we" wanted the 2k a night piano suite for our sorority meeting and we were just waiting for someone's husband to reserve it for us. He very quickly stated, "not me!" Well, I tried! I say we "visit" the room in all its grandeur and we can have the meeting in the hallway as long as no one is occupying the room! LOL All I can play on the piano is chopsticks, so I hope someone else can tickle the ivories during our "tour".

I am still contemplating the MAGIC poem...

*sorority wave*
Debbie

Originally posted by Disbug
DrmWvr! I think this is a very good view... I am sure Mouseteachaer, Dreamflight, jgates, ozzie, or someone else who has had this on their reseservations can confirm or give better details as to it's meaning! Congratulations!

:::waves hand:::

I have the confirmed A balcony on my reservations :) I have no idea what it means, though! I have been assured that it is a good view. ::::sigh:::: I was going to re-post my lovely view picture, but imagestation will not allow me to right-click and get a properties tab :::sigh:::

Good evenin' all!
I am finally home - and boy it will take me all night to catch up on the thread.

Happy B-day Mom Poppins!

To all the Sigma Delta sisters it is good to be back online. I have got my SPG points back up to over 40,000! Yea!!! :)

Originally posted by ozziewags
jgates.....so sorry.......I couldn't remember, but I thought you were the 'car' person! I am in the same boat, as how many "Ozzies" are women? This is a great community though, we all learn from each other.
Ha! But I am! MY DH spent several years on that beautiful red studebaker! And I think I invested about 75 hours alone trying to help him get the hood to fit right! Studebakers old motto - 'Built with a dime's tolerance - but if you can't find a dime - two nickels will do!" Needless to say this fits together a lot better than the original!!!

Lauren - High hopes for your mother!!! Pressure can have a devastating effect on vision. When my diabetes first arrived and my blood sugar was running over 800 - it had built up gradually - my eyes adjusted to the pressure. When they put me in the hopsital and discovered it and my blood sugar crashed down to normal it took nearly 3 weeks before my vision 'unblurred'. Not as serious as being blind, but you get the idea - it was all the pressure on my eyes and the actual shape changing!!

fbd5f996.jpg

jgates....sorry......I apologize for the 'stereotype'! Great looking car. All I know about cars is that I want it clean and working and full of gas! Here in southern IL, gas is $1.75/gal! Yikes.
hookedup....glad your trip is over and all is well. I have over 40,000 spg points also, and am saving for some free nights in Hawaii next summer. Can't wait.

Now that I finally finished reading what I missed and looking at DF's lovely photos!!!! - I apologize - I don't know anything about balcony rooms. We had 1262 last trip which was a double queen just about dead center. We faced the parking area - view left was rear of Boardwalk/top of Epcot ball - view right was MGM watertower & Fantasmic stadium. Straight out on the Horizon was ???Gaylord Palms??? or maybe the Hyatt??? MamaT told me but I didn't write it down so so much for my memory!!!!

And I will admit Ozziewags, I wondered several times if you were he/she! PS - our gas went to $1.81 or $1.83 tonite - somewhere in that range.

Jen

fbd5f996.jpg

mompoppins>> Happy Birthday!! It looks like we will just miss each other in February. We will be at the Swan the 21-29. Thank you for the ticket info, it sounds like you got a great deal from Paramount. I will definitely check it out. :D

DF99 ~ great pics! I enjoy living through your magic! =)

Lauren ~ Prayers and PD to your Mom
God bless you both! What a loving daughter you must be.

Happy Birthday MOM POPPINS!
Birthday%20Cake.gif

Originally posted by #1hockeymom
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4083171#post4083171

If anyone hasn't seen this, you MUST go see Loubon's picture for GoofyinNY in the DIS yearbook! Don't load it while drinking diet coke, your monitor will hate you!

ROFLOL!!!!! Thanks for the warning, Debbie. Thankfully I wasn't having my second cup of coffee! I definitely didn't expect that! You are unbelieveable, Lou!!! :p :p :p Quite hilarious.

I'll try my DH to see if he'll spring 2K for us....NOT!!!

A balcony rooms are quite good - usually fabulous view - you might even get a Jr. Suite if you said you're at the Swan (I couldn't remember which resort you posted).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter