New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

So. Not sure this is something I would bank my expectations on... but I’ve been hearing from several sources online that Rise of the Resistance has been functioning at its proper rate and is apparently meeting the required expectations to soon admit guests, at least in recent testing. I’m not sure if that means it’ll open soon (like this month) or not (as I know it needs to be consistently performing well in tests for a solid stretch of time in order to open) but this sounds like a preview or unveiling sometime in August, or at very least, during the D23 Expo, could be quite likely...

Thoughts??

Last edited:
So. Not sure this is something I would bank my expectations on... but I’ve been hearing from several sources online that Rise of the Resistance has been functioning at its proper rate and is apparently meeting the required expectations to soon admit guests, at least in recent testing. I’m not sure if that means it’ll open soon (like this month) or not (as I know it needs to be consistently performing well in tests for a solid stretch of time in order to open) but this sounds like a preview or unveiling sometime in August, or at very least, during the D23 Expo, could be quite likely...

Thoughts??

I've been crossing my fingers for this since they announced the split open, especially since 2017's Fantasmic treat. BUT I'm trying not to get my hopes up (and also reminding myself that when all AP's are back post-blackout season and D23 crowds arrive, Disneyland may be hellish enough without ROTR).

I just got an email from D23 about the Expo, some pretty ground breaking news in here!

In addition to offering exclusive, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, world-class shows and entertainment, celebrity surprises, and fantastic shopping all weekend long, we have been hard at work on creating some new features that will help you make the most out of your D23 Expo experience including:

• D23 Expo Badges: Expo badges will begin shipping to guests on August 5. Once you receive your badge, it will be important to activate it online prior to arriving at the Expo. More information will be shared about how to activate your badge in the coming weeks and specific instructions will be included with your badge.
  • Advance Online Reservations: For the first time ever at D23 Expo, we are excited that guests with activated badges will be able to make advance reservations online for shopping times at select Disney retailers using StorePass; guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23, using StagePass; and reserved times to meet special luminaries and celebrities using our new TalentPass. More information will soon follow about how advance reservations will work, so stay tuned.
  • D23 Expo App: The official D23 Expo App will soon be released on the App Store and Google Play to help you navigate and plan your experience. It will include details and schedules for sessions and shows, an interactive map of the show floor, information on special appearances, tips on where to grab a bite to eat, and more.
Be sure to check out our frequently asked questions along with the latest announcements and information at D23Expo.com; and you can follow @DisneyD23 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for breaking D23 Expo news and coverage.

guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23, using StagePass
I wonder if Stagepass will be for ALL Hall D23 presentations or just the ones in the afternoon? Either way, this is definitely a step in the right direction, especially the new TalentPass. The ticket/wristband distribution for signings and celebrities were particularly chaotic in 2017. Here's hoping this new system will help.

I just got an email from D23 about the Expo, some pretty ground breaking news in here!

In addition to offering exclusive, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, world-class shows and entertainment, celebrity surprises, and fantastic shopping all weekend long, we have been hard at work on creating some new features that will help you make the most out of your D23 Expo experience including:

• D23 Expo Badges: Expo badges will begin shipping to guests on August 5. Once you receive your badge, it will be important to activate it online prior to arriving at the Expo. More information will be shared about how to activate your badge in the coming weeks and specific instructions will be included with your badge.
  • Advance Online Reservations: For the first time ever at D23 Expo, we are excited that guests with activated badges will be able to make advance reservations online for shopping times at select Disney retailers using StorePass; guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23, using StagePass; and reserved times to meet special luminaries and celebrities using our new TalentPass. More information will soon follow about how advance reservations will work, so stay tuned.
  • D23 Expo App: The official D23 Expo App will soon be released on the App Store and Google Play to help you navigate and plan your experience. It will include details and schedules for sessions and shows, an interactive map of the show floor, information on special appearances, tips on where to grab a bite to eat, and more.
Be sure to check out our frequently asked questions along with the latest announcements and information at D23Expo.com; and you can follow @DisneyD23 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for breaking D23 Expo news and coverage.

We just got that too, and I hope there will be reservations for panels too so we don’t have to line up in the dark or spend the night.

How do you sign up for these informational emails? I don't want to be behind the curve... but I don't ever get any emails like this. Is it because I only am subscribed to a free membership?? Lol...

Even being able to pick one thing per day to make a reservation for would be great. That could save hours of time in line. I know 2 Expos ago we spent at least 2 hours in line just to get into the Mickey's of Glendale shopping. It really sucks when you spend all that money to enjoy an event for a weekend and then you spend the majority of the time in line, missing everything else. (I'm looking at you ComicCon ;) ).

How do you sign up for these informational emails? I don't want to be behind the curve... but I don't ever get any emails like this. Is it because I only am subscribed to a free membership?? Lol...

Mine says "Dear D23 Expo Guest, " so I assume it's just a list of people who bought tickets. Maybe check your spam and make sure you entered your email address correctly when signing up? I don't think it's any special insiders list. I am a charter D23 member and having a last name that starts with A helps sometimes. I'm sure it will go out to everyone.

Mine says "Dear D23 Expo Guest, " so I assume it's just a list of people who bought tickets. Maybe check your spam and make sure you entered your email address correctly when signing up? I don't think it's any special insiders list. I am a charter D23 member and having a last name that starts with A helps sometimes. I'm sure it will go out to everyone.

It could be because my friend in the US bought the tickets on our behalf (as we reside in Canada and they only ship to US addresses) as she is a D23 member and would receive a discount on them. The tickets will be shipping to her in SoCal and we'll be picking them up from her a couple days prior to the expo. I assume we'll need her to open our credentials and send over the info on the tickets/badges so we can do that whole online activation thing then, yes?

It could be because my friend in the US bought the tickets on our behalf (as we reside in Canada and they only ship to US addresses) as she is a D23 member and would receive a discount on them. The tickets will be shipping to her in SoCal and we'll be picking them up from her a couple days prior to the expo. I assume we'll need her to open our credentials and send over the info on the tickets/badges so we can do that whole online activation thing then, yes?
I’d guess yes, you’ll want to get the instructions and info to activate before you pick up the badges, if you want to reserve anything early.

I hope it is not as crazy as trying to get sorcerer tickets when the online reservation system opens up.....

You and me both! Maybe scheduling several events will spread out the demand on the system — but of course it could cause even more of a mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter