New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

View attachment 584469
"Oh dear.....it looks like a value resort"

Sorry, it's just kinda funny reading the reactions and that's about all I can hear.

These rooms at just about all the Deluxe have never been more than Hampton Inn or Marriott quality and people still pay exorbitant prices for them because of their location.
So at least give us the illusion that it's really a $700 room.

But seriously, I am not going to keep paying that much. I've hit my limit. I'm off-siting it after the 50th.

This what I wrote to my friend this morning:

The bathroom is good except for the completely clear glass shower doors, that could be awkward for families and groups staying together. They actually improved the amount of counter space in there which was a huge gripe from guests for years. I know some people will be upset about the toiletries being the big ones stuck to the walls but I use my own stuff so it doesn’t bother me. It looks like there’s lots of room for toiletries on the shelf in the shower. Looks like there are multiple shower heads so I can use the regular one rather than the rain shower head, options are good.
The character pillows on the beds won’t last long, they used to have round yellow pillows on the bed that lasted less than a year. Hate the bed frames, they’re the same kind they use at the Grand Californian that I hit my legs on every time I came near them, went home with multiple bruises from that trip. Not happy about the hard floors and that table stuck in the middle of the traffic pattern better be moveable.
Not a fan of any of the Incredibles touches but it looks like most of it is inside cabinets and drawers which is weird. The curtains are ugly and why did the make the couch “make your eyes bleed” red/orange? Ugh!
I won’t be staying here until the Halloween trip so we’ll see the whole room by then and we’ll see if I still like it or if I need to find a new favorite hotel.

I will add that in the past there were 2 identical closets and the safe was in one of them. I don’t see a safe in that closet so I hope the second one is still there. I would like to see a full video walk through of the room but, so far, I’m not a fan.

I will add that in the past there were 2 identical closets and the safe was in one of them. I don’t see a safe in that closet so I hope the second one is still there. I would like to see a full video walk through of the room but, so far, I’m not a fan.
We have confirmed that there is another single door closet for the ironing board, safe and other storage. This would fit the Yacht Club and Poly remodels.

Dave

I think it is going to be about 2-3 inches (door frame width) and would account for the older large valance window curtains before that used to intruded into the room.

I am still stuck on the floor and what is under the bed space. Is it carpet or tile pattern?

Dave
When I zoom in it looks like light tile/vinyl wood with a patterned carpet under the beds.

I have a reservation in October in the garden wing. Do you think they’d close the garden wing for refurbishment during that super busy period from October through December or do you think they’d just wait until January when crowds die down? I feel like they’d wait but I’d hate to get bumped out of the resort.
We have a reservation in a garden wing the end of Sept , for the 50th- Im not as concerned about the renovation not being completed as I am being in the mist of construction, pool closures or anything else ( it's our first time at a deluxe )

Hope y’all are ready for your Incredibles themed steak house!
At least their plans for the retheme of the Wave sounds promising... Steakhouse '71 is way better than Incredisteak :)

I can't say I'm a fan of the room but the bathroom definitely needed some love. I got to stay there in May, so I at least got to check that off. I can't believe how much counter space they got rid of in the room - I don't know about anyone else but I was infatuated with that desk space. As others have mentioned, don't really understand giving up over a foot of the room to put in a faux wall to cover up amazing views... doesn't make sense.

We have a stay booked at the CR Tower in January. Mainly booked it for the theme park view and access to the monorail. The sinks are a huge improvement. I guess we will see if the room theming makes a difference to us when we are there. I am going with an open mind.

we have enough Disney shampoo and conditioner in our home bathroom closet to last through another pandemic, Added a few from our last trip. Not sure that I will ever need the shower caps though.,,,
I must have missed something because I've never ever, in all my trips received a shower cap!!! Where are you staying that you get those from Disney?? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I have a reservation in October in the garden wing. Do you think they’d close the garden wing for refurbishment during that super busy period from October through December or do you think they’d just wait until January when crowds die down? I feel like they’d wait but I’d hate to get bumped out of the resort.
I'd guess they'd wait but who knows.

All my deluxe resorts have. I have tons here at home from past trips. Dd has long thick hair and uses them .

Ok, I had to go look in the bathroom and confirmed that I am remembering this correctly as we still have them - there was also a softening mint foot rub and cooling aloe gel. My wife really enjoyed using the foot rub after long days walking at the parks. I am thinking maybe from the Wilderness Lodge Club Level?

They come in the 'vanity kit', that little box. You probably never opened one up. They are folded up all teeny tiny.
Wait....what??!! What vanity box?? Where is said vanity box? Perhaps I've been too busy rushing around everywhere collecting all the little bottles of goodness to spot a vanity box!!

Ok, I had to go look in the bathroom and confirmed that I am remembering this correctly as we still have them - there was also a softening mint foot rub and cooling aloe gel. My wife really enjoyed using the foot rub after long days walking at the parks. I am thinking maybe from the Wilderness Lodge Club Level?

Now, I did receive the softening mint foot rub when we stayed at the GF - but we've never stayed CL before and since we bought DVC in 2019 we've only stayed in the villas...

Yeah, the foot scrub has been an on again/off again amenity over time at some of the CLs. It’s frustratingly inconsistent though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter