New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

I was thinking something similar. I will stay here because my kids will like the rooms and I like the location and dining options. It’s just that pool.. so underwhelming. I’d love to see a poll added to this thread to see how many love or hate the redo.

So.....if the poll was to instead ask "What nightly rate would you be willing to pay for this room at Contemporary?" that's a poll I'd very much like to see. I have a feeling there are a lot of people who like the rooms but they're not fond enough to pay $1,000 night for them. I'm just wondering what people who like the room think "the right price" is for it?

At one time, shower caps were available in the rooms at the Beach Club. Haven't stayed there in a few years so don't know if that's still accurate.
Lets see.....when I look in my signature, we stayed in the BC in 2012....since I'm too old to remember off hand.....and maybe I got a shower cap way back then, but if I did, then it wasn't memorable!

HA! :rotfl2:

I'm in the camp of not liking the new rooms. CR was never on our list as the theme/decor seemed too drab, but after reading rave reviews on CR CL, we decided to give it a try. Stayed 3 nts in Dec 2019 and while I didn't go into that stay thinking I'd dislike the resort, I certainly didn't think I'd like/love it as much as I did. DH & I agreed that we liked it enough to stay there again, but that's changed now with the new rooms. I know seeing pics is different from actually seeing the room in person, but I can't see myself staying there again as the room doesn't seem to have that deluxe feel to me.

We are seriously considering cancelling our reservation during the 50th. We accepted that the rate was going to be $1000/night when we booked so that's not the issue. And I have always kind of liked the chaotic atmosphere at Contemporary so that's not it either. The pool has always been a weak link, the lobby and public spaces are a little weird, but those aren't dealbreakers (for us, I realize that pool is so weak it's a reservation killer for a ton of people.) The location is great, the dining is great. So the problem for me is absolutely the room renovations. If I was on the outside looking in at myself, I'd think I'm nuts for paying $1,000/night for that when GF and Poly are a few steps away.

How did these rooms get so far (pardon the pun) off track? They could have easily done more work toward featuring the monorail in the renovations (that theming is literally built into the hotel...) I even think using Incredibles might have worked had they stuck with those muted stylized figures on the art piece that was part of the test spaces (and also assuming the room was actually well designed for people who need to share the bath and don't want to use their suitcases as drawers.)

Is Disney is punking us with these photos? Any chance that next week they will present this gang of foolish mortals with the actual photos of a well-designed, fun, deluxe room???

I'm interested in seeing a room tour of this on Youtube (i.e., not a super-fast Disney Instagram one made up to be like Dash is zipping through the room at break neck speed). The colors in the room are a huge negative for me. When you take away the orange, it looks a bit too much like a hospital room.

Is Disney is punking us with these photos? Any chance that next week they will present this gang of foolish mortals with the actual photos of a well-designed, fun, deluxe room???
If you look around on other forums you will see similar comments to the ones on here. Why no frosted shower door, why Incredibles, not deluxe, it won't last, etc. And seriously, they do so much data collection, they probably know what we all had for breakfast. How could they miss the mark on this?

I don't think there is enough capacity to do that on those dates. btw those are $1,000 kid rooms that weekend.
Bargains abound in the 1971 Garden Wing....well....hopefully your right and Im staying there....i wouldn't have a problem staying in the Incredibles rooms but I simply think the two (2) 1971 hotels should not have IP specific theming.

Last edited:
I kind of feel like the Incredibles are already becoming stale. I enjoyed both movies, but I don't really feel like they're princess level iconic. I know some people really love Edna, but out side of that... Once Jack grows up is it really going to be so interesting?

How did these rooms get so far (pardon the pun) off track? … I even think using Incredibles might have worked had they stuck with those muted stylized figures on the art piece that was part of the test spaces (and also assuming the room was actually well designed for people who need to share the bath and don't want to use their suitcases as drawers.)

Looks like some good old fashioned groupthink happened here. They focused on making the new rooms themed and “fun,” but forgot about creating an inviting high-end space.

I am surprised they put rooms like this in a convention center hotel. They do seem to be aimed at families with young children.

I'm surprised with all the negativity. I'm only going from pictures of old to new, but I like the change and think it's cute. It's not over the top but will be fun to have some character to the room. One of my negatives when deciding between Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Polynesian was the bathroom at Contemporary. I'm one with lots of toiletries (and a family of 4) and although it didn't stop us from booking, it was a con. And now, they have fixed that as seems like lots of counter space at sink level and below. Looking forward to our stay.

Looks like some good old fashioned groupthink happened here. They focused on making the new rooms themed and “fun,” but forgot about creating an inviting high-end space.

I am surprised they put rooms like this in a convention center hotel. They do seem to be aimed at families with young children.

OMG - I totally forgot there is a convention center with the Contemporary.

Yeah...even MORE of a miss now.

The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. It actually aligns, design-wise, with the Contemporary and Monorail, and I like the look of the rooms. But I'm still not sure I would have redesigned the whole hotel. Maybe a few floors, so fans with younger kids can get a little style treat.

But the CR is itself a brand, an agent of nostalgia and history, as an OG resort. The "Always Be Closing Branding" nature of these redesigns and updates is already tiresome, even when done right. Sometimes on a Disney Vacation...I want a break, an oasis from cartoon characters and commercials.

I will admit I think the rooms look nice in and of themselves, and acknowledge this is a rebrand that thematically works.

Oh dear, DH and I never cared for the 1970's theme anyway as we've already been through it once...this is worse IMO. No thanks!

So what do we think?
Not my style at all. That said, I do think having the uniforms "hanging" in the closet is a cute touch.

The thing that has me scratching my head the most about this decor is if they are planning to do ALL the rooms at CR this way? Why not just do a few floors this way and offer an "Incredibles Room" as a separate booking category (ala "pirate" rooms at CBR or "princess" rooms at POR)?

Bargains abound in the 1971 Garden Wing....well....hopefully your right and Im staying there....i wouldn't have a problem staying in the Incredibles rooms but I simply think the two (2) 1971 hotels should not have IP specific theming.

I agree.

Wow. I'm really in disbelief this design would be approved for the Contemporary. Imo, it would be more suitable for a highly themed value resort or maybe done in a limited number of rooms and offered as a themed alternative for families with small children.

I have Incredibles nostalgia but I think a monorail theme would have been better for this resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter