New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

I do not care for it either. I think it's the colors that are ruining it. The red is not relaxing at all, and I need relaxing after a day in the parks. I would find it hard to sleep in these rooms.

It literally looks like a room this guy would have stayed in during the movie

r4offmlfqwjhmvhysomm.jpg

What I love about the contemporary is it's location, restaurants and the monorail. I have never loved the rooms. The things I liked the least about the rooms here were the sinks and lack of storage for clothes. Looks like they fixed one of them (we are a family of 5, so the little closet area will get full fast.

I don't dislike the rooms, but the room is still going to be my least favorite part of the resort, just like it is now.

I wonder if they did any surveying before they went ahead with the re-do. I like the clean look of the room but I don't prefer orange. It's maybe too retro.

I don't think there is a lot of closet space and it seems like they got rid of the dresser with the broken drawers but we usually live out of carryon bag anyway unless it's a long trip or cruise.

Just glad to see WDW bringing back resort room theming.. Many of the latest refurbs have spit out rooms that look not unlike a Hampton Inn room. Too generic IMO.

Surprised the beds are open underneath, too. Gets dusty and people lose stuff there.

Frankly, I think Pop Century did "mid-century modern" so much better. At least the pop rooms had some warmth with the wood tones--this is just grey and washed out and blah.

The thing that is killing me most is the mismatched throw pillows. The totally different colors looks super jarring. And without them you just have a plain white bed with a plain grey headboard. The Edna mode one at least adds a pop of red color that matches the couch and carpet, but the blue frozone one doesn't color coordinate with anything else in the room.

Incredibles was a weird choice for an MK area resort. Your main demographic for those resorts is families with pre-schoolers who want do a lot of MK time and be able to push their strollers on the monorail or down the walking path easily to and from the parks. How many pre-schools watch (and enjoy) the incredibles? Those are movies with very grown-up themes, no music, and stressful scenarios. I could easily see a small kid getting creeped out by that jack jack picture (glowing eyes, electrocuted, flaming demon baby etc.). A classic mickey and friends theme is more suited to the target demographic.

Can I just say as a mom I also really hate the trend of these half-glass shower/bathtubs? A shower curtain does a much better job of allowing you access to your kid to soap them down while preventing them from sloshing water all over the bathroom floor.

With this new trend I am really glad we are now DVC members. I much prefer the modern and high-end look of the rooms at Riviera with much more subtle disney references.

Half of you complaining that it's too sterile. Half of you complaining that there's too much IP. They just can't win, can they?
The resort is themed to be modern and sleek. This is a nice updated look with small touches of IP. If they were going for a retro look, then it wouldn't be the "contemporary," now would it?
And those comparing it to the Moana rooms, these rooms look just like them but with different wallpaper and furniture textures.

Half of you complaining that it's too sterile. Half of you complaining that there's too much IP. They just can't win, can they?
The resort is themed to be modern and sleek. This is a nice updated look with small touches of IP. If they were going for a retro look, then it wouldn't be the "contemporary," now would it?
And those comparing it to the Moana rooms, these rooms look just like them but with different wallpaper and furniture textures.
It could look better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter