New Contemporary Resort Monorail/Incredibles Room Theme Announced - With Pictures

I hate it. It's overly pixar/disney for a room that's $500/night and if that's what I wanted I would just stay at Art of Animation. I know that's what they did with the Poly but that somewhat fits, this feels forced in my opinion. It's all mid-century modern style for a hotel that's literally supposed to be contemporary. I've always wanted to stay here and now I'm not so sure. Hopefully BLT doesn't follow this theming.

I don’t love them, but I don’t hate them either. Compared to the Polynesians room, I feel they are a let-down. We aren’t Contemporary fans, so I know we’ll never stay in one.

I really like the new rooms. With the closet closed and the curtains open (which is how it is most of the time I am in the room) the IP is rather subtle I think. The sinks are a huge improvement.

As a CR fan, sort of makes me cringe a bit, but I’m willing to keep an open mind until seeing it in person.

I’m also trying to / willing to put aside the fact that I don’t really care for The Incredibles or see the need for them to be so prominently featured at Disney’s most iconic resort (I don’t mind IP, but to me this may cross a grey line somewhere). Sometimes Disney does things that I’m not the target audience for, and I’m OK with that.

Bathroom mirror is cool though. And no more sink complaints. :-)

Looks great. People complain about them stripping Disney out of other rooms, now complain when they put Disney in rooms. People will just never be happy.

The problem I have with this redesign isn't the fact that it's Disney theming, it's the fact that it's hideous and weirdly cheap looking for a deluxe resort. The Moana rooms at the Poly are spectacular and I guess I set my expectations for this refurb way too high.

The only thing I like about it is the improved bathroom and the pillows tbh.

Ok after letting it sink in I really dislike that arch over the balcony door. Blocks too much of what is a very high cost view. I bet someone can calculate in dollars how much you actually lost of the TPV room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter