New BOG Dinner Menu

So um...am I the only one excited to try this?! There's no way I'm taking my 5-year old who barely eats anything, but I might take my 2-year old foodie - how does that usually work when a kid is under 3? I assume if I order him his own meal I'll pay the set kids price, or can he share my food?

DH, DS (13) and I are all excited to try this next month!

I should have googled a recipe before posting that. ;) I know there's flour in them, and I assumed wheat flour. Are they usually made with almond flour?

Almond flour or Almond meal - never seen them with wheat flour actually.

Looks tasty. We'll have to try it out on our next visit - always a pleasure to see any deviation from normal carnival and boring kid palate fare. Plenty of other places in all of the parks to get hot dogs or burgers or chicken fingers.

This is the one place that DD9 (10 by trip) wants to eat at again. They still have steak so that's okay. But appetizers for me just seem Is escargot or charred octopus slimy? I might be able to get the kid to try some, she's less picky than me lol

My DS discovered escargot at Les Chefs de France, when he was two. After that, he would try anything. If you have an adventurous DD, she should definitely try it. Preparation does make a difference, but I have a feeling they'll soak it in butter to make it appeal to the masses. Save the octopus for the next trip, after she's eaten escargot & feeling like an adventurous eater. Starting her with octopus may make her less adventurous in the future.

Last edited:
The new menu looks great to me. Even if it's no longer the hottest ticket in town, they'll still bring in more revenue than they have previously. Hopefully, it will make ADRs easier to get for the people who are looking for a complete dining experience.

Last edited:
So um...am I the only one excited to try this?! There's no way I'm taking my 5-year old who barely eats anything, but I might take my 2-year old foodie - how does that usually work when a kid is under 3? I assume if I order him his own meal I'll pay the set kids price, or can he share my food?

You're not alone. =) BOG was never a great meal to begin with, but I always went out of my love for the movie and the Beast and the castle itself. This menu is definitely a step in the right direction for me. I'm really curious about that bouillabaisse, and I can't decide if I'd want to get the octopus (I really like octopus, but I usually eat it in the form of sashimi) or the bisque.

However there's a picture of what I'm assuming is the adult's dessert plate on the Disney Food Blog and I'm going to reserve final judgement until reports come in but- Disney. Please. Raspberries in the middle of the macaron? Calm down. This is not the Ispahan.

Also the chocolate truffle appears to have a little sprinkling of diced nuts. It seems a little light color for a "dark" chocolate but I'd say that's par for the course here, honestly, since I don't know if a 70-80% cacao content is going to suit most people's tastes? It's probably not going to be anywhere near a Ganachery or La Maison du Chocolat quality chocolate from the looks of it but to be fair, that was probably wishful thinking. I have reservations about it, but as long as it's not too sweet and has a decent texture, I'd be happier with it than a cupcake!

I think some of the allergy concerns are overblown. If people with moderate peanut allergy can be accommodated at 'Ohana, I see no reason to believe most allergies won't be workable at BOG.

None of desserts are suitable for someone with treenut allergy ... i wonder why there are no substitutes listed on the allergy menu? Just give someone the gross prepackaged allergy-friendly cookies in a bag which seems a let down for a $55 dinner?

I'm surprised there is so much hate for the bouillabaisse o_O That's the dish I'm most excited to try, it's one of my childhood favourites. The menu makes me more excited for my visit in November.

Also, I'm gluten free and personally I'm not really worried about it. WDW has always gone out of their way at TS to accommodate my needs so I don't see why it would be any different here. Often the menus don't display everything they are able to do for people with food allergies.

No, it is actually Macron for the French dessert of Macaroon for the coconut cookie like dessert that is the correct spelling. Macaron is not a correct spelling either way.

Sorry, but that's simply incorrect. Macarons & macaroons aren't the same thing. They're very different. You could get a coconut flavored macaron, among many different flavors of macarons, but that's where the similarity would end.

I don't see why they would not have both Belle AND the Beast at BOG. Does anyone know the reason behind this?
Because Belle is at Story time with Belle and Disney does not have a character at more than one place within a park at a time.

Because Belle is at Story time with Belle and Disney does not have a character at more than one place within a park at a time.

Cinderella in CRT and across the hall in Princess Fairytale Hall, and I believe that applies to a few others in CRT as well (been a few years since I have been). They do it ... in some situations. Now they won't have an outdoor meet the same time as a parade but they will have them in the parade if their meet is indoors. They absolutely could do it .........

It is up to parents to avoid doubling in a short span of time.

I don’t hate the look of the menu. I don’t like the price of the child menu though, for what is offered. I enjoyed lunch there last time so hopefully that will stay the same.

I’ve no interest whatsoever in meeting the Beast unless he turns into Dan Stevens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter