New BOG Dinner Menu

I thought it would be released by now for sure. We have reservations in November, so I am in no big rush. I am really curious tho to see what is on it! Hopefully tomorrow.

Yes - very surprised! We have reservations for August 14th which I may or may not cancel based on the menu.

Yep. We have an ADR in September. I’m sure it will be great, just anxious to find out already.

Yes, they expect people to eat not knowing the menu. The stuff on dfb is just repurposed from the original Disney announcement of the BOG changes, but I expect it reprents ~85% of the adult menu. The real mystery is the $35pp child menu, as it's possible to do 3 courses as a child at Cali Grill or Narcoossee's for less, and there's a wee question of if BOG is really going to be "better," or simply priced higher because it's BOG.

I hope people are getting reminder emails. and the 2 CREDITS should be bolded, underlined, pop out from the phone, and whatever else one might need....

I have lunch and dinner booked.....waiting on the menu to see if I cancel dinner

I found this article on Disney Food Blog that has some pictures of some of the items on the new menu.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/02/21/changes-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-disney-world/
Welllll? Those portions appear to be pathetic, to me.

Not shocked. Never expected true SIG food. This is a crowd control measure, virtually identical to LeCelier. Not getting near the place....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Not shocked. Never expected true SIG food. This is a crowd control measure, virtually identical to LeCelier. Not getting near the place....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I am afraid that is somewhat what this is, however not exactly. BOG never saw the cupcake people coming, and while this practice may not be as widespread as we all joke about, it probably was a problem large enough to impact the revenue the restaurnat should have been generating. Think about it: remove a character from Epcot, and then add him to a dining venue and make that venue the only place to meet a hard to find character. Then do not place any restrictions other than you must have an ADR. What could go wrong?????

SO in normal Disney style, you toss the baby out with the bathwater and make a radical change designed to solve a proble that you never admitted to having. Rather than implement a minimum order per person, which might have made guests "mad" it was easier to create a fixed cost menu. Time will tell if the management makes everyone order it or will alllow guests to share in order to stretch credits or cash. I bet you a buck they will.

Ugh that food does not appeal to me at all. I currently have this booked for 12/30 and now I'm not sure I want to eat there, but it's such a busy time I feel like I won't be able to find somewhere else to eat at the same time and am kind of stuck :(

SO in normal Disney style, you toss the baby out with the bathwater and make a radical change designed to solve a proble that you never admitted to having. Rather than implement a minimum order per person, which might have made guests "mad" it was easier to create a fixed cost menu.

The easier fix would have been to remove the Beast, and create a meet n greet for him and Belle somewhere else.

The easier fix would have been to remove the Beast, and create a meet n greet for him and Belle somewhere else.

You think??? Or perhaps be clear what the terms are for this meal, offer a M&G with both Belle and Beast, preferably at the entrance of the Castle, and then move on. The entire fixed cost breakfast was a fiasco from the start, and given that Disney does not always learn from past decisions that did not turn out well, I bet this one will be as well. No where is there any indication that the fixed cost menu is per person, and that everyone must pay. There should be disclaimers all over the place highlighting the terms of this menu change because once a practice is in place you cannot just walk it back.

You think those portions are small? When we went in June I had the lamb and got one forkful of meat from each chop. My family left BoG and went straight to The Mara to finish dinner.

I too am waiting with baited breath. I have a lunch and a dinner and would love to cancel one or the other and pass it on to another deserving family that wants it. I’m hopeful for a meet and greet and will cancel dinner if that is not the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter