New BOG Dinner Menu

Just guessing?

Still a cafeteria. Small portions. Dare I say "all sizzle, no steak"?.....

Now, an option.... grab that Monorail. Head to the California Grill (Contemporary), or Citrico's/Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian). I would include the BEST Restaurant at WDW (V&A, Grand Floridian) - but it's really HARD to go there, right from a Park :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Huh?

What is meant by this post - I’m confused.

Thinking of cancelling because there’s no way my 11 year old will be able to eat a three course adult meal. If he was able to order a kids meal (for the kids meal price, not pay $55 to order off the kids menu) or share a meal it would be worth it. Otherwise it’s just throwing money away in his case.

Thinking of cancelling because there’s no way my 11 year old will be able to eat a three course adult meal. If he was able to order a kids meal (for the kids meal price, not pay $55 to order off the kids menu) or share a meal it would be worth it. Otherwise it’s just throwing money away in his case.

There haven't been any reports of someone over the age of 10 being able to order and pay the kid's price. Nor have we seen anyone attempting to pay for one meal and share it with someone else.

BUT I think that is because no one has tried to do so. You can share other prix fix meals that are on the menu at an a la carte place, but BoG having ONLY the prix fix may preclude that. In theory, I don't see why two people couldn't share one meal. The portion sizes are on the small size to share, but since it is not a true character experience (yes, I know you can meet the beast) or an AYCTE type meal, I think two people ought to be able to share. If I was willing to risk paying the price either way, I'd sure ask once I was there.

Yeah, you should cancel. It would be a waste to spend that $55 when he wouldn't eat it or enjoy it.

Due to Victoria & Albert's dress code, it's difficult to hear there directly from a theme park in theme park attire
To expand? This is absolutely the correct answer... V&A is SERIOUS about their dress code. We attend each NOV.... pretty much suit for men, dresses for ladies. Most folks will NOT go to V&A from a park, without a change of clothing....

We recently went to BOG for our AUG trip. My girls have LOVED BOG in the past so we were so happy when I was able to get reservations! The check in was very fast and to our surprise we were seated in the West Wing, which made my girls' night! This is where the highlight of the night about ended......

The wait staff was about average a quick what do you want to drink do you know what you want. I was hoping for a new menu they would explain the new menu a bit. After asking some questions as we placed our order.

Appetizers- Fruit and Cheese (Kids Menu), Octopus, and French Onion Soup. The Fruit and Cheese was not bad but small for portion size. The Octopus was only one piece with a few potatoes. The French Onion Soup was average I would honestly compare it to we could get at a normal steakhouse in town.

Main Course- Grilled Beef Tenderloin (Kids Menu), Center Cut Filet Mignon, and Saffron infused Seafood Bouillabaisse. The kids meal was an okay portion of beef but ONLY 7 green beans/3 sweet potato wedges.... Yes I have a pictures of this! The Filet was cooked well and tender to cut with a butter knife, the mashed potato was a smear, 3 sweet peas, and 1 piece of carrot. Lastly the Seafood......4 Mussels, 1 Shrimp, 1 Scallop, 1 Piece of Lobster, A piece of potato.

The Dessert was what everyone has picture you do not get a choice other than they did ask my teenager if she wanted the child version so she could paint the cup. It is a cute idea but the painting really does not work. Also the paper was sticking to the chocolate. By this time our waiter was basically gone and he was wanting the check. When I mention the paper he said it was sugar and normally he says something to the guest.

Overall we wanted more food when we left, and was not impressed with the food for the price. We miss the old menu. Nothing overall was wrong, just small portions, average service, and nothing grand. We will not be returning to BOG unless something changes!

The wait staff was about average a quick what do you want to drink do you know what you want. I was hoping for a new menu they would explain the new menu a bit. After asking some questions as we placed our order.
if think after a month, the/any restaurant would expect customers to ask, not the server to automatically describe.

if think after a month, the/any restaurant would expect customers to ask, not the server to automatically describe.

We felt the same way about the wait staff when we went last month. They seemed to be in such a rush initially and didn’t explain much at all. In your average hometown restaurant I guess you could expect the customers to ask after a month, but I don’t think you can have that expectation in Disney. If people go once a year (which could be a generous statement), it will still be new for a long time. When we went in the past before the change we felt the interactions with the wait staff were much better. They took the time to go over the menu if you wanted them to (even as repeat guests). When we asked about meals and substitutions this time, our waiter asked us what we would want instead of telling us what they had to offer, which was a little strange.

Luckily by the time the appetizers came out our experience got better. Our waiter came by to check on every course, and stopped to have conversations with us. It saved my opinion on the restaurant. Overall, we have always been fans of BOG and will probably return, but I definitely enjoyed our meals more before the change.

I respectfully disagee. I served for the better part of my life, from diners to fine dining. Customers generally want a description of the meal to come. It does not need to be a detailed description of every item, but a brief overview, along with the opportunity to ask a question. You and I probably know more about the menu because we are pouring over this forum daily, however the vast number of people visiting may not.

Personally, I bet the CM's who are serving this meal have been barraged with guest concerns, from "When did this become 2 credits?" To "I paid $55 for 6 tortellini??!!!"
When you combine those issues with the complaints that service took too long, and now guest complaints that the service is rushed, I feel that this restaurant is still trying to get the timeing right, and suffering "growing" pains in the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter